BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Frustrating if we aren't in the play offs after those games IMO. Not easy, but this team has it in them I feel. 

So many of those games are typical "bannana skin" matches that it wouldn't surprise me if we got a pretty average points haul. It'll be interesting to see how we approach Bristol, Preston and Wigan at home, as all three embarrassed us at their grounds. Still can't believe we let Wigan beat us like that. Really poor considering their form ever since. 

Worth noting that of the teams in that fixture list we've only beaten Brentford this season so far. We got draws against Reading, Boro, Birmingham and Rotherham (at home!) whilst as aforementioned we got smashed by Bristol City, Preston and Wigan. I don't think we should be going into that set of fixtures expecting too much. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

So many of those games are typical "bannana skin" matches that it wouldn't surprise me if we got a pretty average points haul. It'll be interesting to see how we approach Bristol, Preston and Wigan at home, as all three embarrassed us at their grounds. Still can't believe we let Wigan beat us like that. Really poor considering their form ever since. 

Worth noting that of the teams in that fixture list we've only beaten Brentford this season so far. We got draws against Reading, Boro, Birmingham and Rotherham (at home!) whilst as aforementioned we got smashed by Bristol City, Preston and Wigan. I don't think we should be going into that set of fixtures expecting too much. 

Oh, I know. We could just as conceivably go on a bad run ,as a good one. I just think being away in some of those games could suit us as the Opposition will try and attack more. We are good on the counter. 

The PNE and Wigan games will be interesting, you would imagine we will be well up for them. 

I think it's best to take things one game at a time though 

2 hours ago, JeffRover said:

Totally agree. February and most of March will be vital. The fixtures up until Sheff Wed (A) are:

Brentford (A)

Bristol City (H)

Reading (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Birmingham (A)

Rotherham (A)

Preston (H)

Wigan (H)

These will absolutely decide our season.

Looking at those fixtures we could win every one of them based on not only how we have played in the current run of wins but also in the majority of games before.

BUT

Looking at those fixtures we could lose any of them...

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh, I know. We could just as conceivably go on a bad run ,as a good one. I just think being away in some of those games could suit us as the Opposition will try and attack more. We are good on the counter. 

The PNE and Wigan games will be interesting, you would imagine we will be well up for them. 

I think we're one of the most unpredictable teams in the division. On our day we're good enough to beat anybody, but on the flip side when we don't turn up we really seem to struggle. There's also the issue of conceding late goals which seems to have subsided a bit lately but still lurks in the back of my mind. 

My guess is that by the end of that set of fixtures we'll be in roughly the same position we are now, maybe a little lower, with the gap to sixth having increased slightly. Similar to the season under GB where we ended up finishing 9th. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We should have been up for the Wigan and Preston away games but we were shambolic. I usually wait whilst after the game before I make my predictions. It seems to work better that way.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We should have been up for the Wigan and Preston away games but we were shambolic. I usually wait whilst after the game before I make my predictions. It seems to work better that way.

We should indeed. Hard to know what went wrong for those games. Even more reason to be up for these ones though 

8 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Had a vision today. Rovers finish 6th. Beat Frank Lampard FC to the media's disgust. Then we played Leeds in the final and Ben Brereton stepped up to send the BTEC Liverpool fans home.

After the game. Ben had a gold statue commissioned and was labelled bargain of the century.  

Barca will bid £25 million for him and there will be uproar on here that we are selling our good young players 

Big pressure on those home games v Wigan and PNE. We owe them big time after recent disappointments and we need to put the record straight. Not just horrendous results this season at their grounds but also need to get one over on Wigan after 2 draws and finishing below them last season. Really need to wipe that smirk off Cook's face. Preston not much better, we need payback after that 4-1 and also their late draw at Ewood which condemned us to relegation.

We seem to perform better in games where we aren't favourites or aren't under much pressure. Certainly this season against the bigger sides, whereas against the smaller ones we have a mediocre record.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Had a vision today. Rovers finish 6th. Beat Frank Lampard FC to the media's disgust. Then we played Leeds in the final and Ben Brereton stepped up to send the BTEC Liverpool fans home.

After the game. Ben had a gold statue commissioned and was labelled bargain of the century.  

That'll do for me !

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon just tipped us for the top 6 on Twitter. 

His predictions

1. Leeds
  2. West Brom
  3. Norwich
  4. Sheffield United
  5. Derby
  6. Blackburn (yes he said Blackburn, not Rovers, so don't @ me) 

Finally some sense! 

Now I'm worried :unsure:

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His predictions

1. Leeds
  2. West Brom
  3. Norwich
  4. Sheffield United
  5. Derby

Finally some sense! 

We sure will get fed up of playing Norwich three times in ten days.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Bristol City have won 6 in a row - 1 in the league in December, 3 in January and two FA cup ties.

Only Reading, Bolton and Ipswich have worse home records than Bristol too (ours is 4th best). 

Time to start picking up them away wins for us..... 

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His predictions

1. Leeds
  2. West Brom
  3. Norwich
  4. Sheffield United
  5. Derby

Finally some sense! 

Rollocks. We’re just a Mercer ‘play-offs’ prediction away from being relegated! 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!