BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

On 22/01/2019 at 15:11, JacknOry said:

We have decent depth now and I think our next game against Hull will sort of tell us whether our season ends up as playoff hopefuls or safe mid-table plodders. Get some kind of result against them will carry on our momentum having picked up 100% so far in 2019. We then have a few easier matches (on paper) after that with some big fixtures happening between sides directly above us. Being just six points away from the playoffs currently means that a few good wins and we could really be in the mix.

Agree that it has been a great season for us so far - most of us (myself included) would have just been happy enough to consolidate ourselves in this division at the start of it.

And there you have it - i think this is the platform to push on from now. Lose this game and its 'meh'. We have something to aim for and who knows - we might just pass you int he process ?

Push for playoffs ? On today's performance I see absolutely no reason why not , I've been looking at the fixtures and we've  Boro and Derby to come to Ewood and Norwich to play away that's it out of the top 6 .. and if we manage to add Chapman and Gallagher that can only make us stronger 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AJW said:

Push for playoffs ? On today's performance I see absolutely no reason why not , I've been looking at the fixtures and we've  Boro and Derby to come to Ewood and Norwich to play away that's it out of the top 6 .. and if we manage to add Chapman and Gallagher that can only make us stronger 

We really should be in there already. If you take the 2 points dropped at home v Birmingham, and we were winning v Leeds after 90 mins, that’s 5. There’s plenty more too (Boro away).

But that is where we are because we’ve got a young team who are still learning.

Need to keep this run going and you never know.

25 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

After we beat Middlesbrough in February then that will be the day we enter the play off places. That is my prediction. 

Next 4 games.. 

Brentford 1-1 Rovers

Rovers 2-1 Bristol City 

Reading 0-3 Rovers

Rovers 1-0 Middlesbrough 

I think we can win at Brentford too

20 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If Boro get through against Newport in their FA Cup replay, I presume our home game on the 17th will be postponed.

We would possibly play them on the following Tuesday or Wednesday as is happening this week for those teams that played in the cup at the weekend.

47 minutes ago, Tom said:

Looks like Palmer is shining in a free role at Bristol, early days but I hope he reaches his potential, feel like he needs to be in a team where he is the main creative outlet and not second or third fiddle

https://twitter.com/jbcfc99/status/1090009035116593152?s=21

I get the feeling Palmer was brought in in case a certain player was sold underneath us or at too good a deal to turn down. He is a very good attacking midfielder as his current spell (and his previous before us in this league) but as you say, he was mainly played out of position simply because there is no way we're dropping Dack. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I get the feeling Palmer was brought in in case a certain player was sold underneath us or at too good a deal to turn down. He is a very good attacking midfielder as his current spell (and his previous before us in this league) but as you say, he was mainly played out of position simply because there is no way we're dropping Dack. 

He was an insurance policy that we never needed to claim on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Looks like Palmer is shining in a free role at Bristol, early days but I hope he reaches his potential, feel like he needs to be in a team where he is the main creative outlet and not second or third fiddle

https://twitter.com/jbcfc99/status/1090009035116593152?s=21

I hope he doesn't because Bristol are one of our direct rivals for the play-offs

31 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Or just as back up for Dack

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hope he doesn't because Bristol are one of our direct rivals for the play-offs

Or just as back up for Dack

Maybe from our side possibly but Palmer and Chelsea obviously didnt want him to be a backup player. I still think it was a mix of the two. 

12 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just settled down watch Swansea and brum. My internet is fine but the red button isn't loading . Anyone else got this problem or has anyone managed to get it on

Press info instead.

Just now, scotchrover said:

Just watching the Swansea Birmingham game- the Birimingham keeper has just let the softest goal in possible. As it stands, Swansea move above us. 

We need a draw. Super Conner Mahoney to come on late and salvage the draw...or not. 

Should be a good game. Some good attacking players on show

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

We need a draw. Super Conner Mahoney to come on late and salvage the draw...or not. 

Should be a good game. Some good attacking players on show

One can hope- they’ve been outplayed by Swansea so far though haven’t they? The Swans are moving the ball around well.

Just now, scotchrover said:

One can hope- they’ve been outplayed by Swansea so far though haven’t they? The Swans are moving the ball around well.

Yeah there a good footballing side. I think they will be amongst it next season if they can keep the better players and add one or two. We really missed out on Celina. Top player at this level.

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah there a good footballing side. I think they will be amongst it next season if they can keep the better players and add one or two. We really missed out on Celina. Top player at this level.

Completely agree!

Another poor goal to concede from a keeper’s perspective! 1-1, game on...

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Talented player but not what we need, a number 10 who is far less effective than Dack and I would suspect would have been sidelined similar to Palmer.

• Like 1