BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, arbitro said:

He looks and sounds pissed. If he was desperate to sort the players wages and ensure the game goes ahead what is he doing in a Sky studio speaking to White? 

It's going to end in tears.

One of the most bizarre interviews I’ve ever watched. Not just in football!

Incredible stuff at Bolton. 

It just looks like it will end in an even bigger mess than it is now.

I don't know a great deal about this Bassini character but his time at Watford appears to have been a disaster.

Unsure how I'd feel if I was a trotter. Things will either stay similar to how they are now or get much worse. I can't see it getting much better under this shady new owner.

40 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Bent, so bent, yet nothing was ever done.....if Bassini is "fit and proper" after that, then so am I. Fat and pissed, perhaps?

He hasn’t passed the test yet though has he? He was also banned from owning a club for a good few years after the disaster as Watford. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Incredible stuff at Bolton. 

It just looks like it will end in an even bigger mess than it is now.

I don't know a great deal about this Bassini character but his time at Watford appears to have been a disaster.

Unsure how I'd feel if I was a trotter. Things will either stay similar to how they are now or get much worse. I can't see it getting much better under this shady new owner.

My mate’s a Bolton fan- he’s prepared to give him a chance, providing he pays up. His patience is thin with bad ownership though. That interview is car crash though- he looks like he’s been in The Brown Cow since lunchtime. 

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Bolton bit even mentioned that the match may be in doubt! 

Bassini promises wages will be paid today, must be doing a bank transfer into each account as can’t imagine any banks are open 

Could be cash! :unsure:

Shocking stuff at Bolton. They don't bother me and I don't consider them rivals but I've kept an eye on their circumstances. Shades of Stanley's demise with the latest development for me and the situation seems, for the first time really, to be critical. Their supporters must be absolutely frantic. Could so easily be us. Terrible.

• Like 2

Just now, old darwen blue said:

Couldn’t care less what they think. 

Back to bolton, I recall their fans behaviour when we were protesting against the venkys and that is what prompted me to suggest karma has taken place. 

Fair enough. There's knobs amongst all support, just nip over to the Bolton News site for some prime examples of ours on the comments page. Cringe worthy. I don't want them to fold for selfish reasons, as I said, it could so easily be us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

I must have missed that from Feb 2011 in the telegraph. I thought Bassini's Rovers connection was known but never presented in the press.

Given what else was going on at that time this was astonishing hubris. Qatari offer to buy Rovers had recently been rejected.

Him moving for Bolton means there are wheels within wheels within wheels and I have no idea what is the cog and what is the sprocket. I have a deep feeling though that administration is the better option for Bolton.

8 hours ago, scotchrover said:

He hasn’t passed the test yet though has he? He was also banned from owning a club for a good few years after the disaster as Watford. 

He's served his ban (3 years?) and he's no criminal record so theres nowt in the 'fit and proper' rules to stop him in that regard. 

Edited by blueboy3333

10 hours ago, arbitro said:

He looks and sounds pissed. If he was desperate to sort the players wages and ensure the game goes ahead what is he doing in a Sky studio speaking to White? 

It's going to end in tears.

Poor interview 2/10 he needs to get some tips from his mate , that fine thespian from Barnet who can do teary eyes on cue

• Like 1