BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

• Backroom
Just now, Scotland1 said:

None are registered in the 25 but you can let under 18s play I think unregistered as long as they’re home grown?

issue is fielding a weekend side? How many teams have been fined for that?

The EFL will desperately drag Bolton's bloated corpse to the finish line no matter what, even if it contravenes their own rules. They'll do whatever it takes to get this season finished and then sit back and congratulate themselves on a job well done whilst Bolton themselves implode during the summer.

• Like 1

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

You have Spurs building a Billion pound Stadium and at the other end you have Bolton,founder members of the Football league on the brink and can't afford to pay players wages.

Football now has a huge and worrying financial gulf.

Football reflects the economy and the way the country has been governed over the past 30-40 years. The rich have become ever more wealthy while the poorest are stuck at the bottom with no way out. 

• Like 2

The blame game begins.....two shysters in a public slanging match now!

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-note-from-the-chairman5/

"Earlier this week he provided a conditional offer of Funding from a Broker which the EFL have confirmed is not acceptable in its present format."

:o

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

19 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The blame game begins.....two shysters in a public slanging match now!

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/a-note-from-the-chairman5/

"Earlier this week he provided a conditional offer of Funding from a Broker which the EFL have confirmed is not acceptable in its present format."

:o

What a soap opera!

Chairman goes onto his own club website to announce that a third party won’t/can’t play his players’ wages.

The cupboard must be well and truly bare.

Bolton need a miracle.

Edited by Stuart

• Backroom

Rotherham relegated with a game to spare. In all honesty they did better this season than I thought they would, considering they could only finish 4th last season in League 1 and were light years behind us and Wigan in terms of points. That said the two teams below them are appalling, with one not even able to pay its players. They also have -30 GD which is quite embarrassing. 

If Sheff Utd beat Ipswich this evening then that's automatic promotion and all the relegation spots in the Championship essentially wrapped up before the last game of the season. If Frank Lampard's Derby™ beat Swansea on Wednesday then that would all but give them 6th place as well, leaving the final day of the Championship as a dead rubber for everybody barring some ridiculous scores.  

In contrast, wide open in Leagues 1 and 2.

In League 1, only Bradford's relegation is settled. Everything else is still up for grabs. Portsmouth and Sunderland both have a game in hand so either or both could still pip Luton and Barnsley. Seven clubs trying to avoid the last three relegation slots although Scunthorpes home defeat to Bradford puts them in huge peril and Shrewsbury and Wycombe would need to lose by monster margins and enough clubs beneath them to win for either of them to go down.

In League 2, only Lincoln Champions and Yeovil relegated are certain. Newport in 11th with -2 goal difference but a game in hand can still make the play offs as can the three clubs immediately above them. Five clubs in contention for automatic promotion while Macclesfield and Notts County are trying to avoid the last relegation slot.

10 minutes ago, DE. said:

Sheff Utd 1-0 Ipswich in the least surprising update of the afternoon. As it stands Leeds are staring at the playoffs. 

Awwww breaks me heart.  And lost it in the last few games, couldn't happen to a nicer lot.

What a shame Paul Warne and Rotherham just didn’t have enough too stay up, nobody gave them a chance at the start of the season including me but they’ve credited themselves very well this season with such a small budget. In an ideal world they’d have stayed up and Wigan would have gone but Wigan managed to turn it around much too our despair.. May I also add, before the season started I said Bolton Ipswich and Rotherham would go down. I mentioned this the other day and YES I’m mentioning it again until Mercer pays me out as a goodwill gesture as I wasn’t brave enough too put a bet on it myself. Cheers Merce ??

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DE. said:

Well done to Chris Wilder and Sheffield United. An amazing achievement. More importantly Leeds now have a much harder route to the Premier League :) 

WE will be playing at Elland Rd again next season with Bielsa gone by Christmas, he cant quite get it to work without cheating .

• Backroom

This can’t be real life:

Bassini responds to KA  ultimatum: Ken Anderson needs to learn to treat people properly, he is void of feeling towards others and as for him exercising other options he is talking nonsense, my message to him is, Ken look around you, you have no friends try to be kind to others”

Villa player down injured.

Leeds pretend that they are going to put the ball out - but don’t! 

Villa unprepared and Leeds score.

Bielsa instructs Leeds to concede a goal but that Jansson tries to stop it! Score anyway cos he’s shit.

Brilliant.

oh and Villa player sent off due to some disgraceful playacting

playoffs should be tasty

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Villa player down injured.

Leeds pretend that they are going to put the ball out - but don’t! 

Villa unprepared and Leeds score.

Bielsa instructs Leeds to concede a goal but that Jansson tries to stop it! Score anyway cos he’s shit.

Brilliant.

oh and Villa player sent off due to some disgraceful playacting

playoffs should be tasty

In many, many years of being involved in football I've never seen anything like that. Jansson was defying his manager by trying to stop Villa scoring. And Bamford should be banned for three games for his embarrassing play acting.

• Like 1