BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Better team spirit, definitely.  Better calibre of player than those relegated? ...not convinced yet.  

We have a spine of Raya, Mulgrew, Dack and Graham.  Two of those are in the twighlight of their careers.  

We will make additional signings; whether they will be good enough is the debate.  To bring in at least 5 players of sufficient quality will cost.  The noises suggest we don't have sufficient funds to compete.  Mediocre signings will see us struggle.  

For me, loan signings that you can't make permanent area waste of time.  If we had signed Chapman, Armstrong and Payne last year.  Two or three signings this year would ensure a good season.  

As it is, our squad is weaker than the league one squad of last year.  

It needs 3 players of equal quality to those above plus another two or three to improve on that league one squad.

Precisely. I look at the side that was relegated and it contained a forward line of Danny Graham, Sam Gallagher, Marvin Emnes and Lucas Joao. I think we're a long way short of that at present.

Other areas of the pitch I think we're at least as strong or arguably stronger than when relegated but not by much.

I've never been a fan of loans unless they are with a serious view to buying e.g. Gestede and Cairney. When they're just cheap squad fillers to avoid paying a fee or committing to a multi-year contract then it is a short term and flawed policy.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Spoke with a mate who works in the media there, Bauer and Chapman are Mowbrays two main targets at the moment that he knows of. Apparently bids are in for both. 

Both would improve us massively 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Spoke with a mate who works in the media there, Bauer and Chapman are Mowbrays two main targets at the moment that he knows of. Apparently bids are in for both. 

If that is the case I would guess our budget is around £3-4 million, for transfer and loan fees with wages on top. With Rothwell probs being around £250k, Chapman would be around £1mil (with just a year on contract) and Bauer probs looking at £1.2mil. All guesses obviously, but that would be nearly £2.5mil on permanent signings, then could see us bringing in a couple of loans and maybe another permanent towards end of window when clubs are wanting to get rid.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Moritz Bauer or Patrick Bauer?

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, he has to improve. At least he is taking steps to try and improve himself. Bizzare that some of you on seeing that he is working with a personal trainer, use it is an opportunity to have a pop and criticise him. He is a young lad, who is working hard to better himself. I just wonder how much work some of the Peles on the couch on here put into improving themsleves. 

Ooooh get her! 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, he has to improve. At least he is taking steps to try and improve himself. Bizzare that some of you on seeing that he is working with a personal trainer, use it is an opportunity to have a pop and criticise him. He is a young lad, who is working hard to better himself. I just wonder how much work some of the Peles on the couch on here put into improving themsleves. 

How did I use him having a personal trainer to have a pop and criticise him? 

I dont see it as barely noteworthy, I expect him to try and better himself, obviously it is good that hes kept in shape but that doesnt over write the fact that I watched him week in week out for a year and he in my opinion was an underwhelming forward in League 1, therefore I couldnt justify saying that he will do well in a higher league, regardless of his physical shape at the moment.

Obviously it is good that hes keeping fit but its barely noteworthy in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Didn’t realise Abu Ogogo had signed for Coventry.

Desperate times for Shrewsbury; promotion was within their grasp and now they are losing one of their best players to a team just promoted from league 2 

Just now, Tom said:

Didn’t realise Abu Ogogo had signed for Coventry.

Desperate times for Shrewsbury; promotion was within their grasp and now they are losing one of their best players to a team just promoted from league 2 

Or to a club 10 times the size and in the same division. 

Edited by Ladyboys of Bank Top

46 minutes ago, AAK said:

With Rothwell probs being around £250k, Chapman would be around £1mil (with just a year on contract) and Bauer probs looking at £1.2mil.

Chapman won't cost more than £750,000 with his injury record.

Can't imagine Bauer costing much more with his contract the way it is without add-ons.

53 minutes ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

Chapman wouldn't start and Bauer probably wouldn't either unless we go 3 at the back. How would they massively improve us? 

I’d rate Bauer at CB well before Lenihan.

Chapman or Conway.... tough choice

31 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

I’d rate Bauer at CB well before Lenihan.

Chapman or Conway.... tough choice

Don't know much about Bauer but If he is better than Lenihan as I rate Lenihan especially since he moved to the back, then would be a good signing.Do you watch a lot of Charlton and Bauer may I ask or is it a case of you not rating Lenihan?

2 hours ago, AAK said:

If that is the case I would guess our budget is around £3-4 million, for transfer and loan fees with wages on top. With Rothwell probs being around £250k, Chapman would be around £1mil (with just a year on contract) and Bauer probs looking at £1.2mil. All guesses obviously, but that would be nearly £2.5mil on permanent signings, then could see us bringing in a couple of loans and maybe another permanent towards end of window when clubs are wanting to get rid.

Our budget is more than that I reckon. We have bids in for other players too apparently 

• Like 1