BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a wide player. Windass is this. Freeman is more of a playmaker or wide midfielder cutting in. 

But we need a striker, midfielder, centre back and keeper. 2 or 3 of them in tomorrow would be good. 

Windlass is most certainly not a wide player. In fact as a rangers fan he’s abysmal there, too many times Murty played him wide left and he was ineffective. 

Better as a player centrally playing off the front man, cracking finish on him, not much else. 2 million rated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me we only 1 midfielder. 

Evans, smallwood, gladwin and Whittingham all aren't good enough, so id argue we need more then one. 

Accept it fellas, we're buying the league and there's nothing anyone can do to stop us! In my current mood of jubilation I am fully expecting a late loan swoop for Jerome Boateng tomorrow at 4:30pm!

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

If we can afford Freeman then we could surely afford Bauer and Maddison too...

Freeman surely a better option than Madison based purely on his experience and stats in the Championship?

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

In the loan window I believe we could try for Abraham or Gallagher. 

Personally don't like abraham within our current structure, great finisher etc but not a target man by any means.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree on the last statement. 

I seen him play wide or in midfield 3 in 3-5-2 formation

You are good with formations and such what would you be aiming for us playing?

The 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1) seems to work best to play around Dack but wonder if we may aim for 3 at the back at times 

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Personally don't like abraham within our current structure, great finisher etc but not a target man by any means.

The deal they’re chasing is surely Gallagher on loan with a view to permanent?

Just about every Championship club looking for a striker will try for Abraham end of August. Big risk.

Sam Gallagher seems like a sensible option. We know what he stands for, will chip in with a few goals and can play as on the flank as well. Not a dream signing, but we're not looking to replace Graham...yet.

Just now, Tom said:

You are good with formations and such what would you be aiming for us playing?

The 4-5-1 (or 4-4-1-1) seems to work best to play around Dack but wonder if we may aim for 3 at the back at times 

With our squad we got to be playing 4-2-3-1

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

With our squad we got to be playing 4-2-3-1

If we get Freeman and a striker (Gallagher) imagine having Graham, Gallagher, Dack, Bennett, Palmer, Freeman, Rothwell and Armstrong all battling for those top 4 spots. Great competition!

• Like 1

Coyle must be out job hunting as he's emerged from under his rock after the Ross County fiasco and money for old rope routine at Sky Sports. Presumably he'll get on well with Merse and Champagne Charlie in the canteen and their 'links'.

Believe it when i see it on the big money bids.

Gallagher would be like Armstrong - young, knows the squad and club, did pretty well last time round, manager knows him, almost certain to grow in value if he hits double figures. I'd be happy enough with him.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bepeja43 said:

Gallagher scored goals for us before. He did that despite the woeful Coyle in charge. He's our safest bet IMO.

Did we not score more goals under coyle. A horrendous manager but seemingly decent with attacking players?

For conversations sake, and if the rumours are true, a window that saw us bring in Gallagher (loan or perm), Chapman, Freeman and Bauer in addition to Armstrong, Palmer, Rothwell and Davenport, it ain't far off a perfect window for me.

Just now, JHRover said:

Coyle must be out job hunting as he's emerged from under his rock after the Ross County fiasco and money for old rope routine at Sky Sports. Presumably he'll get on well with Merse and Champagne Charlie in the canteen and their 'links'.

Believe it when i see it on the big money bids.

Gallagher would be like Armstrong - young, knows the squad and club, did pretty well last time round, manager knows him, almost certain to grow in value if he hits double figures. I'd be happy enough with him.

Would love Gallagher. Him Arma and Graham mentoring would be perfect.