BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Extremely bad practise but only happened after years of not finding a buyer acceptable to the Trust under the terms the Trustees had to work to and after that individual had all but forced himself on them.

Similarly now, the Venkys have their own internal rules of decision making and standards by which they would consider a potential offer for the club.

We might not agree the standards these two owners set (and reputedly Jack set some barriers for the Trustees which today most would regard as problematic) but that is the privilege of owners.

Big but

Those standards have protected Rovers from fates far worse than Venkys and I would argue with now considerable conviction that nobody would have issue with 3 of the 4  decision makers who make decisions by unanimity in the Venkys ownership.

However

The advisers to the Venkys which Venkys decided to be advised by included some of the worst people imaginable.

I was as passionately against what was happening in the period 2010 to 2017 as anyone on this chat board and unlike many put time and effort into trying to do something about it.

I have learnt in life that the best thing is to learn, not to carry grudges, not to live in a what might have been world and to try to evaluate the situation as it is in the real world today.

That is why I am asking everyone to look at the situation today and as it has been since the appointment of Tony Mowbray some six years ago.

Not perfect but I would take Rovers' current ownership situation over that of 90% of the othe 91 clubs in the PL/EFL.

Why don't they have any pride in the state of the stadium, or the pitch for that matter? Why do multi-billionaires resent buying a few cans of Walpamur's best?

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

Why don't they have any pride in the state of the stadium, or the pitch for that matter? Why do multi-billionaires resent buying a few cans of Walpamur's best?

I question whether people who apologise and defend Venkys actually have any pride in this club or this town at all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Extremely bad practise but only happened after years of not finding a buyer acceptable to the Trust under the terms the Trustees had to work to and after that individual had all but forced himself on them.

Similarly now, the Venkys have their own internal rules of decision making and standards by which they would consider a potential offer for the club.

We might not agree the standards these two owners set (and reputedly Jack set some barriers for the Trustees which today most would regard as problematic) but that is the privilege of owners.

Big but

Those standards have protected Rovers from fates far worse than Venkys and I would argue with now considerable conviction that nobody would have issue with 3 of the 4  decision makers who make decisions by unanimity in the Venkys ownership.

However

The advisers to the Venkys which Venkys decided to be advised by included some of the worst people imaginable.

I was as passionately against what was happening in the period 2010 to 2017 as anyone on this chat board and unlike many put time and effort into trying to do something about it.

I have learnt in life that the best thing is to learn, not to carry grudges, not to live in a what might have been world and to try to evaluate the situation as it is in the real world today.

That is why I am asking everyone to look at the situation today and as it has been since the appointment of Tony Mowbray some six years ago.

Not perfect but I would take Rovers' current ownership situation over that of 90% of the othe 91 clubs in the PL/EFL.

That's all well and good Philip, but one thing to ask, would you forgive the super agent, who went on Sky Sports, accused us fans of being racist and also accused us of hounding his son out of the club?

He broke down in tears when conducting that interview, we were that bad, according to him.

Venky's sat back and let this happen and have never gone on record to explain, exactly what happened for them to get embroiled in all this and why they have never taken anyone to task over it. They have been taken for £300 million and still counting, yet they sit back and do sod all about it. WHY?

I know you mention this in your post, but are you satisfied that we are fully rid and that there is not someone lurking around in the shadows still.

For what is is worth, I am convinced that is the case.

55 minutes ago, lraC said:

That's all well and good Philip, but one thing to ask, would you forgive the super agent, who went on Sky Sports, accused us fans of being racist and also accused us of hounding his son out of the club?

He broke down in tears when conducting that interview, we were that bad, according to him.

Venky's sat back and let this happen and have never gone on record to explain, exactly what happened for them to get embroiled in all this and why they have never taken anyone to task over it. They have been taken for £300 million and still counting, yet they sit back and do sod all about it. WHY?

I know you mention this in your post, but are you satisfied that we are fully rid and that there is not someone lurking around in the shadows still.

For what is is worth, I am convinced that is the case.

Absolutely not re Jerome. He is not an owner of Rovers and the up tick in Venkys performance as owners might coincide with him no longer advising.

His current predicament incidentally might be poetic justice but not a fate I would wish on anyone, even him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

His current predicament incidentally might be poetic justice but not a fate I would wish on anyone, even him.

Is it possible for you to elaborate on this, Philip? Maybe via PM. Not doubting the info. It's just, I've seen this referred to a couple of times before and have often wondered what it is.

18 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Is it possible for you to elaborate on this, Philip? Maybe via PM. Not doubting the info. It's just, I've seen this referred to a couple of times before and have often wondered what it is.

I was wondering the same thing.

I'll nail my colours etc. I just hope it is something very bad...

There...said it!

• Like 5

I've ticked, "Wouldn't care at all."

Why should I? They don't care about one of the things that I've cared most about for at least 69 of my 77 years.

At present, they're the least of my problems; it feels like we can't do anything about them so I'm focusing on things I can influence. And Venky's ownership of Rovers isn't one of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, philipl said:

Absolutely not re Jerome. He is not an owner of Rovers and the up tick in Venkys performance as owners might coincide with him no longer advising.

WTF?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, philipl said:

You must be very young and have no memory of Steve Kean.

What a stupid fucking comment to make. Totally insulting and showing complete fucking ignorance. 

You are obviously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome or you're in a cult.

All hail our mighty chicken overlords.

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What a stupid fucking comment to make. Totally insulting and showing complete fucking ignorance. 

Woosh

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Speaking of which.

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I thought you'd like that last bit.

In all seriousness, what the fuck are you on about with this up tick in performance bollocks?

Sure the appointments of Steve Kean and JDT are indistinguishable from one another?

On 14/04/2023 at 08:16, 47er said:

Isn't there a Crown facility about a couple of miles south of Ewood?!

Win-win; smarten up Ewood and support local industry!

4 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Bit of a low bar to get over isn't it? "They're not as bad as when they appointed Steve Kean".

I think with the JDT appointment, they have cleared that bar by some amount. So it is an improvement.

Edited by rigger

Oh, no argument from me there. Tomasson is a massive improvement on the lip licking turd nibbler. But they could hardly appoint someone worse, and they have had ten years since he's left for then to get the hang of appointing a manager.

Just because Steve Kean is no longer here, doesn't mean venkys are suddenly amazing owners. I won't do a tedious laundry list, but there's still plenty wrong, and we're a long way from being put back where they found us. I guess never say never. Except I will say never. I'll never accept them, and I'll never forgive them. They're a blight on this club.

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 4

Remember when they thought spending v five million a year would get them in the champions League?

What is it they have burned through? Something like £330mn? Ab third of a billion, something like £27mn a year. It's like Donald Campbell jumping into bluebird and not noticing it's in reverse gear. The way they operate, the business model at Ewood, I can't see it ever succeeding

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, broadsword said:

The way they operate, the business model at Ewood, I can't see it ever succeeding

It will only succeed if we get promoted. Like nearly every other Championship club, we'll continue to lose money hand over fist if we don't. And if we do get promoted the Venksters will have made the right decisions. 

As for the past, I think Hanlon's Razor covers the Venky years.