BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

In reality how fans react to them in the stands during the game will simply be down to how the team are playing on that particular day and how we've been playing in the couple of games leading up to it

Codswallop.

For all the reasons already stated over the past few pages.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most of us assets are under contract for 3 years now as the below link shows.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1143605499?-11198:839

2023: Joe Hilton, Jordan Eastham, Daniel Ayala, Sam Barnes, Ash Phillips, Jared Harlock, Ben Brereton, Dan Butterworth, Jack Vale

2024: Aynsley Pears, Joe Rankin-Costello, Bradley Dack

2025: Thomas Kaminski, James Brown, Dominic Hyam, Scott Wharton, Hayden Carter, Harry Pickering, Tayo Edun, Adam Wharton, Jake Garrett, Tyrhys Dolan, Sam Gallagher, Harry Leonard

2026: Callum Brittain, Lewis Travis, Dilan Markanday, Ryan Hedges, Sam Szmodics

2027: John Buckley

I would like to new contracts Joe Hilton, Sam Barnes, Ash Phillips and Jack Vale in the coming weeks and months. 

On BBD situation, I and others have said that no club came close to our asking price and we rightly didn't accept low offers from Fulham(6mil with 4 mil in add on's), Nice and Sevilla(8.4 million offer), so why would we sell when you consider these 4 factors, which are he is key player for this team, bringing in a suitable replacement, he has just scored 22 goals last season and he is Chilean international where he has scored important goals at that level. 

Also, why are people still mentioning the Nyambe, Rothwell and Lenihan situation why it's been explained fully on here

Most of our assets apart from 2 of our most valuable..... 

Tbf. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, exactly what I said. 

But what you don't seem to get, is that there may be a vast diferrence between your valuation, and what an actual club would be willing to pay. For practicle purposes your valuation is worth sod all.

• Like 3

Venkys increase share allotment by 2 million. This seems like a lot less than usual, the last one in March was for 7 million. Is this just because of the time of year for accounting purposes, a change in the league's financial rules, or are they just funding us less than usual?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20994924.venkys-london-limited-share-allotment-rises-2m/

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Venkys increase share allotment by 2 million. This seems like a lot less than usual, the last one in March was for 7 million. Is this just because of the time of year for accounting purposes, a change in the league's financial rules, or are they just funding us less than usual?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20994924.venkys-london-limited-share-allotment-rises-2m/

We made less of a loss in this most recent period, hence their input is lower.

As for the original question, I'd absolutely like to see them here more regularly. Obviously the younger son attends almost all home games, using Jack's old lounge.

Suspect some of the family have been sporadically, but kept a very low profile.

Can't see the lounge from where i sit but iv'e only heard of the lad attending once quite a while ago. We happened to turn in a barnstormer as well that day amazingly.

Think it was pre lockdown that so if he was here almost all hoe games i;m 100% certain we'd have heard about it.

4 hours ago, Andy said:

We made less of a loss in this most recent period, hence their input is lower.

I don't find that acceptable. If they never fail to sign a cheque and have the ambition for us that is claimed, they should put the maximum allowed amount in. 5 million less is 5 million we can't spend strengthening the squad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rigger said:

But what you don't seem to get, is that there may be a vast diferrence between your valuation, and what an actual club would be willing to pay. For practicle purposes your valuation is worth sod all.

Well it's good news for us cos BBD is still here and no club offered what Rovers wanted. 

I stand by my valuation and there reasons. I think Rovers reasons will be similar. 

18 hours ago, bluebruce said:

There's no point diluting further if its not necessary. 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

There's no point diluting further if its not necessary. 

Diluting what, the share price? Can't see how it matters. They own 99.9% of the shares, we aren't publicly listed and they've already been diluted a ton.

And it is necessary in the sense that we still need to strengthen the side.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

The value of the club.

The value of the club isn't really affected. Unless Venkys refuse to cancel the debt when they sell, it will just be a case of a buyer paying a total of what they think the club is worth, regardless of individual share price.

10 hours ago, broadsword said:

Think the official term is market capitalisation? 

Twelve years, eight managers is it? £200 million debt or whatever it is. A crumbling ground covered in shit. An endless parade of wrong uns. 

A proud tradition trampled in the dirt. They can barely make things worse if they changed the kit to claret and blue. So diluting the value of the club, at this stage it doesn't even touch the sides of the great big barrel of contempt I have for them

They can honestly go and f+++ themselves, I'll never accept them. Any time they want to clear off is five by me

Spot on 👍

• Like 2