BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As these owners are the common denominator, might as well post it here.

We’ve come from behind to win just TWICE since returning to the Championship in 2018.

Twice in five seasons. Says a lot about the mentality of this football club.

Completely forgettable as most were during Covid, but it's actually 8 times since 2018 we have come from behind to win, still pathetic but a little bit better than 2.

Rovers 2 Sheff Wed 1 - 19-20

Rovers 3 Bristol City 1 - 19-20 (covid)

Cardiff 2 Rovers 3 - 19-20 (covid)

Rovers 2 Rotherham 1 - 20-21 (covid)

Rovers 2 Derby 1 - 20-21 (covid)

Rovers 5 Birmingham 2 - 20-21 (covid)

Rovers 3 Sheffield Utd 1 - 21-22

Rovers 3 Derby 1 - 21-22

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not Waggot and the Club Secretary?

For the mess of the Window nope, just Greg.
Top 6 again and he couldn’t get 1 player through the door to help the squad. He talks a good game but has been found lacking in 2 transfer windows. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not sure what research Rich does. Could tell in 5 minutes it wasn't correct.

Anyway, completely agree about the whole mentality of the club.

I honestly remember nowt when it comes to the individual matches of this past decade… games from the 90s however!

• Like 6

Handy thread.

I know the Jerome Anderson/Steve Keane idiocy Venky's indulged in heaped most of the problems on themselves but Venky's are now down getting on for some 350m including the buy price and contributions.

By all means call to boot them out if you can find someone else with 350m they can invest/waste/squander over 12 years.

• Like 3

I don’t ever give potential new owners a second thought, never a sniff of this lot giving it up as a bad job, so let them carry on pissing their money up the wall.

Though imagine what that kind of money could’ve achieved instead of just chucking it into a Championship club black hole.

• Like 2

On 09/04/2023 at 18:43, arbitro said:

Just imagine had they been sensible, kept the then incumbents in place and maintained our PL position for the last twelve years. That would equate to around £1b in TV and other income.

They are idiots, imbeciles and deserve the ire of every Rovers fan. I am delighted we are costing them a lot of money which is all down to their mismanagement.

Grinds 'yer Bones doesn't it.😡

All the infrastructure and stability was there for them at the Club to make an easy transition...they chose to ignore and swung the Wrecking Ball.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 5

On 09/04/2023 at 17:01, philipl said:

Handy thread.

I know the Jerome Anderson/Steve Keane idiocy Venky's indulged in heaped most of the problems on themselves but Venky's are now down getting on for some 350m including the buy price and contributions.

By all means call to boot them out if you can find someone else with 350m they can invest/waste/squander over 12 years.

Clearly no-one is going to be able to buy it from them . As a going concern we're absolutely busted. 

It's mind boggling just how crap these people are

• Like 2

On 09/04/2023 at 17:01, philipl said:

Handy thread.

I wonder if there's an element for clever accounting within the venkys group.  Off setting these losses against tax due on their profit making businesses across the world ...I'm not an expert on the Indian tax system but it is a thing..  They have such a large portfolio of multi conglomerates etc, there must be something going on.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I wonder if there's an element for clever accounting within the venkys group.  Off setting these losses against tax due on their profit making businesses across the world ...I'm not an expert on the Indian tax system but it is a thing..  They have such a large portfolio of multi conglomerates etc, there must be something going on.

I’m convinced that’s what it is 

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Of course there is 100% and they are comfortable losing a certain amount per year.

They'd have dropped Rovers like a stone if it was draining their cash or threatening their empire to the tune of 15-20 mill every year otherwise. Crazy to assume anything different, pride my arse we just don't actually cost them personally much at all we just sit in a corner of the books. 

Handily offsetting profits and probably funnelling a million or two a year from the main business into a City of London offshore playboy retirement fund.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Of course there is 100% and they are comfortable losing a certain amount per year.

They'd have dropped Rovers like a stone if it was draining their cash or threatening their empire to the tune of 15-20 mill every year otherwise. Crazy to assume anything different, pride my arse we just don't actually cost them personally much at all we just sit in a corner of the books. 

Handily offsetting profits and probably funnelling a million or two a year from the main business into a City of London offshore playboy retirement fund.

100% Twice they have deliberately sabotaged any chance of promotion.

It's funny how when we were in league one there wasn't a huge cutback on player wages and the like. Yet when they deliberately relegated the club from the prem that was all they talked about.

All the club is to them is a means of debt laundering.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you’ve examined all the other options and ruled them out, what are you left with ?

Something very smelly? I'm not itk by the way, just surmising.

45 minutes ago, philipl said:

It is 30 years since I ceased being a Chartered Accountant (voluntarily) so I would like someone to explain how an Indian business would launder its debts in England.

I'm still a Chartered Accountant and I completely agree with you. It is complete nonsense to suggest that our club is being used by the owners for nefarious purposes. They have been very foolish in their approach to owning the club. That is it.

48 minutes ago, philipl said:

It is 30 years since I ceased being a Chartered Accountant (voluntarily) so I would like someone to explain how an Indian business would launder its debts in England.

I will be honest I was thinking this myself

Do the payments to Venkys London count as expenses in the Venkys Indian accounts and therefore allow them to offset taxes through loss of profit? Seems more plausible, but given the size of Venkys conglomerate it really is pennies and would it even make a big difference?

I have wondered for ages why they continue to own us...pure pigheaded stubbornness is my best guess these days

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I will be honest I was thinking this myself

Do the payments to Venkys London count as expenses in the Venkys Indian accounts and therefore allow them to offset taxes through loss of profit? Seems more plausible, but given the size of Venkys conglomerate it really is pennies and would it even make a big difference?

I have wondered for ages why they continue to own us...pure pigheaded stubbornness is my best guess these days

I find it very hard to believe - in fact impossible to believe- that the Indian tax authorities would effectively allow a significant proportion of the losses at Blackburn Rovers to be subsidised by Indian taxpayers. Put it this way, our tax system would not allow a UK company to offset losses in an Indian cricket team against its UK profits.

• Like 1