BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

No. Fair comment. 2 points adrift with 14 to play when he was appointed. Inherited a decent squad compared with the shambles that Bowyer turned round. Ended up being one of the longest serving managers. Left in post too long like Shaw, Kean, Waggott, Silvester and Lowe because the owners have no ambition. 

Not forgetting he had us 5 places clear at one point before (you guessed it) a death spiral...

17 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So anyway, Mogga was a decent manager for this club, and should never be talked of in the same breath as some of the complete clowns this lot have appointed.

Kean was the all round worst...

But in terms purely of results on the pitch, Coyle was worse than Kean....

And Mowbray was worse than Coyle.

Holds many of the "worst ever" records in our proud history.

Total dog shit adequately describes his tenure.

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Worse than Coyle now 😁

I mean, that’s just total nonsense.

I must admit that's pushing it a bit far.

But I stand by what I said.

As for JDT I was wrong to label him a dolloper. In my defence that was in the aftermath of surrendering to both Burnley and Preston and him coming out with some bullshit comments about how promotion isn't the main focus. 

I genuinely think if the O'Brien transfer hadn't been sabotaged we'd be well ahead of whoever was in 7th place right now but hey, the administrative team "accidentally" failed to undertake a basic task. Also greg should have sorted us a half decent forward by now.

Jury’s out on GB for me, but I do think he has some professional standards and has already brought in some decent players. JDT is obviously a highly driven professional that’s been at the very top of the game…

Unfortunately they (and the club) is being continually let down by the small time, amateur hour operation that Swag oversees.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am starting to think Venkys have pulled the plug financially and are only just covering the basic costs of keeping the admin from the doors of Ewood...we really are on bare minimum life support.

I may be well wide of the mark but that is the feeling Im getting right now.The silence is yet again deafening,not good.

I can only reiterate Dens starting post on this thread from back in 2017....either show some interest or sell up asap and put us in the hands of owners who give a toss.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

https://www.sportbible.com/football/morten-gamst-pedersen-wrexham-transfers-blackburn-exclusive-interview-884460-20230517?source=facebook

Very concerning extract from a recent interview with MGP..

""Even last summer when they were discussing a new manager, the owners called me and asked what I thought about some of the options. I really appreciated that."

• Like 1

I've no doubt whatsoever that had they not appointed Broughton and gone with his recommendation of JDT then they would have landed us with another clown last summer like they did with Coyle and Kean. 

I don't think we are quite down to 'life support' stage with them but it is clear that their financial commitment has significantly reduced since Covid and they aren't putting the money in they were. If you believe that this is all down to big bad FFP then good for you, but I don't and I think it is clear that we could spend more, as evidenced by what we did from 2018-2020 under Mowbray which we have since drastically cut back on. 

Last summer showed that they will allow some funds into the squad, but this seems to only be available to certain types of players e.g. if there is a good business argument behind getting them or if the funds are generated first e.g. by selling Armstrong for a big fee.

I am worried about Broughton's comment in the press because if there's no money it doesn't take much to end up in serious trouble in this league if a decent manager walks as shown by Huddersfield. I hope that the India trip changes things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

https://www.sportbible.com/football/morten-gamst-pedersen-wrexham-transfers-blackburn-exclusive-interview-884460-20230517?source=facebook

""Even last summer when they were discussing a new manager, the owners called me and asked what I thought about some of the options. I really appreciated that."

You are concerned about Rovers asking someone who obviously has Rovers best interests at heart, and is involved in football in Scandinavia about his opinion about at least two potential staff recruitments (we don't know if more than just JDT and Broughton were being interviewed for their respective roles) who have operated in Scandinavia?

I'm no fan of what the Venkys have done to Rovers, but this is a strange stick to bash them with

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

If that is true why are the owners not questioning the role of Waggott, Pasha and if Broughton was there at the time him too?

8 minutes ago, KentExile said:

You are concerned about Rovers asking someone who obviously has Rovers best interests at heart, and is involved in football in Scandinavia about his opinion about at least two potential staff recruitments (we don't know if more than just JDT and Broughton were being interviewed for their respective roles) who have operated in Scandinavia?

I'm no fan of what the Venkys have done to Rovers, but this is a strange stick to bash them with

I guess the question would be ‘why wasn’t the judgement/opinion of their current employees enough for them?’

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I guess the question would be ‘why wasn’t the judgement/opinion of their current employees enough for them?’

If you have access to people who may have additional/inside information, you may as well ask...  you don't have to take their advice, (indeed we don't know what MGP recommended to them)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I am starting to think Venkys have pulled the plug financially and are only just covering the basic costs of keeping the admin from the doors of Ewood...we really are on bare minimum life support.

I may be well wide of the mark but that is the feeling Im getting right now.The silence is yet again deafening,not good.

I can only reiterate Dens starting post on this thread from back in 2017....either show some interest or sell up asap and put us in the hands of owners who give a toss.

They are showing interest, they had all the family round watching the Millwall game on TV according to Greg 🤣

Swag loves a good opportunity to make some extra cash, how about a Q&A with none other than our owners? Tickets would fly off the shelves I assume. Put on some overpriced spud pie and peas and you're onto a winner.

Just do it when it's not snowing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentExile said:

If you have access to people who may have additional/inside information, you may as well ask...  you don't have to take their advice, (indeed we don't know what MGP recommended to them)

There's plenty of evidence to suggest that they listen to the advice of individuals that aren't qualified to provide such advice..

And on that, being a Norwegian football player doesn't qualify MGP as an overly credible source of advice for sounding out the prospects of a former academy director at a Norwegian football club or a Danish football coach.

They should get on the blower to Lucas Neill and see if this New Zealand keeper from Wimbledon is any good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KentExile said:

I understand your thinking but what if (for example) GB says ‘he’s great’ and MGP says ‘still clear’ - whose advice do you go with?

If it isn’t your employee’s advice  - why are you employing him?

It does seem a bit of an unstructured approach. "Hey, how about asking an ex player about who we should employ as manager?".

Can't imagine the walker trust going over John Williams' head and ringing up Simon garner for advice on who to hire. But then again John Williams was a sharp operator who didn't look like Peter Kay's stunt double who got dressed in the dark after a real heavy night.

So, yeah, fucking bizarre. Off it the worst thing they've done? No. Not by an extremely long chalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I understand your thinking but what if (for example) GB says ‘he’s great’ and MGP says ‘still clear’ - whose advice do you go with?

If it isn’t your employee’s advice  - why are you employing him?

Maybe they gave Gregg Morton’s opinion so Gregg can make a more informed decison