BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like Mowbray swayed Downing to come here ahead of other clubs alright, so hopefully this is a good old boys network

I just hope he uses him properly I was in favour of Whittingham because I thought cracking back up for Evans in lge 1 then TM decided to try him in different formations and positions and made a hash of it.

If he can still do a job on the wing even if it's half a game or last ten mins then use him there but it would be nice if he had a couple of good strikers to aim for as well...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

It's nice well paid work if you can get it!

I think Mowbray's mentality is if he can keep 'the ship steady' for another two or three years then he will have a nice healthy pension fund. 

To me, the guy is under no pressure from our owners and we are going nowhere with Mowbray.  IMO, should have been sacked last season.  If nothing changes, if we are lucky, we will be in the same place in 12 months' time with similar comments on this MB.  

And same people backing him

Been gone for two weeks and come back to 50 pages of, well, nothing really.  Downing?  how totally uninspiring and totally needless.  FFS Tony address the positions that need addressed, act on your word.  

• Like 2

Just now, USABlue said:

Been gone for two weeks and come back to 50 pages of, well, nothing really.  Downing?  how totally uninspiring and totally needless.  FFS Tony address the positions that need addressed, act on your word.  

Having waded through the chaff I think some of the more moderate cynics on here may have a point and it seems fair to assume that TM is shopping in Wilkos.

8 hours ago, Biz said:

I’m not overly enamoured with signing Downing, however when you factor in that we have three wingers (Rothwell, Chapman, Armstrong) , who are all nowhere near their peak, it’s an obvious move to get one who’s been there, done it and got the T-shirt! 

Armstrong is NOT a winger.

• Like 2

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I predict the Aussie lad, James Morrison and Grant Hanley next week. 

Followed by Gallagher and a young centre half on loan. 

I predict you're halfway down a bottle of something very good and very strong ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

He'll be off to Morrisons soon!!! 

Who knows. If we're lucky he might come back from his next visit t'Spar with some Rizlas, a Warby's toastie, a pint of full fat and a centre back from the marked down bit under the pies and pasties.

Downing, O’Neill, Morrison, Hanley and Gallagher doesn’t inspire me and I can’t imagine it inspires many. But worry that’s what we’re going to get.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Downing, O’Neill, Morrison, Hanley and Gallagher doesn’t inspire me and I can’t imagine it inspires many. But worry that’s what we’re going to get.

Doesn't inspire me either, especially as I reckon Dack is going. Would like to think if he does go for let's say £15 million then at least £5 million will go on one player and the other £10 million to the Venkys obviously. 

Doesn't inspire me either, especially as I reckon Dack is going. Would like to think if he does go for let's say £15 million then at least £5 million will go on one player and the other £10 million to the Venkys obviously. 

I am not convinced Dack is as tempting to other clubs as he appears to be. A lot of baggage and some obvious dips in form. Can't see him going to the prem. Good news for us as I don't think we will get offers over 8 million which may well be turned down. If we did sell for £8 million I don't think any of it would go on team strengthening.

Edited by Crimpshrine

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footballinsider247.com/sources-blackburn-plot-swoop-to-sign-scottish-ace-wanted-by-newcastle-hibs-also-keen/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/the72.co.uk/135983/blackburn-rovers-to-rival-newcastle-united-for-wantaway-norwich-city-youngster/amp/

Jon McCracken (sounds like the punchline to a joke), 19-year old Scottish goalie at Norwich. The second link is essentially quoting the first one.

Edited by bluebruce