BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Collect mid-fielders, don't play them or play them in the wrong position, ignore the defence------ seems to be our transfer "strategy."

Also, generally. leave new players on sidelines while they learn to "adapt" to our unique style of play.

As he says there were reasons for us concedeing too many goals. The main one was our defenders werent good enough.

Reading between the lines it is beginning to confirms to me that not only was Bauer was our main target defenisve target he was our ONLY defensive target and we had no plan B. Our Tone was so convinced he'd sign he took the foot off the gas and let others nip in.

Is it beyond coincidence that since he has signed for PNE, we are no longer at defenders as a priority?

• Like 3

If the venkys won't let him sign defenders then his man of honesty and integrity tag is a load of bollocks, any other reason he isn't desperately trying to improve the back four and  he his if a first class idiot. He is taking us one way and one way only

Ive had enough of this clueless dinosaur and will start the ball rolling 

MOWBRAY OUT !

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

So, so strange. He says that the decent defensive form in the last few games forced him to change his mind. The centre back pairing was Williams and Lenehan during that period and Mowbrays comments lead me to believe they will start. Similarly Leutweiler was in ahead of Raya, will he be number one now? 

Since Mowbray came we have needed some big, dominant centre half and it was almost as if he suddenly realised this towards the end of last season when he said as much. To vast majority welcomed his comments but now he is back tracking on the strength of a few dead rubbers. 

It's another disappointing interview from a manager who more and more are beginning to doubt.

• Like 3

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

As he says there were reasons for us concedeing too many goals. The main one was our defenders werent good enough.

Reading between the lines it is beginning to confirms to me that not only was Bauer was our main target defenisve target he was our ONLY defensive target and we had no plan B. Our Tone was so convinced he'd sign he took the foot off the gas and let others nip in.

Is it beyond coincidence that since he has signed for PNE, we are no longer at defenders as a priority?

Or he's not putting our desperation for defenders out in the media so we don't get held to ransom when bidding for players in that area. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Or he's not putting our desperation for defenders out in the media so we don't get held to ransom when bidding for players in that area. 

Last seasons goals against column already has done that for him so he is trying to shut the door after the horse has bolted.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

But only a few months ago he did.

• Like 2

Wake up and smell the coffee. The window hasn't closed yet, judge him then, we don't want to give our budget away, we don't want to give our targets away. 

NO NO NO. The man is an idiot . It goes no deeper than that 

the sack or stick vote at the end of last season was borderline stick depending on how his transfer business went and if he improved the defence and fixed some glaring frailties. He isn't going to do anything he has said and plod on with the same players playing out of position week in week out. It's exactly as we were and why many vote sack.

the first interview he gave I went off on one because anyone who has been around rovers these last few years has learn to read between the lines.  Same frustrating shite week in week out window after window and on the pitch

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 5

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Wake up and smell the coffee. The window hasn't closed yet, judge him then, we don't want to give our budget away, we don't want to give our targets away. 

NO NO NO. The man is an idiot . It goes no deeper than that 

the sack or stick vote at the end of last season was borderline stick depending on how his transfer business went and if he improved the defence and fixed some glaring frailties. He isn't going to do anything he has said and plod on with the same players playing out of position week in week out. It's exactly as we were and why many vote sack.

the first interview he gave I went off on one because anyone who has been around rovers these last few years has learn to read between the lines.  Same frustrating shite week in week out window after window and on the pitch

Harsh. I don't think he's the man to take us up but I wouldn't call him an idiot. Perhaps give yourself a break and judge whether we're going to improve the defence at the end of the window not with 5 weeks remaining. Jumping on every little tit bit in the media that doesn't read how you want it to will ruin your summer. 

• Like 3

Harsh. I don't think he's the man to take us up but I wouldn't call him an idiot. Perhaps give yourself a break and judge whether we're going to improve the defence at the end of the window not with 5 weeks remaining. Jumping on every little tit bit in the media that doesn't read how you want it to will ruin your summer. 

This particular interview is more a policy statement than a 'little tit bit'

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

This particular interview is more a policy statement than a 'little tit bit'

The man's getting interviewed everyday by the Lancashire telegraph, he's going to come out with some crap as he'll run out of things to say. Personally I'll judge at the end of the window whether he's done well or not. 

• Like 1

The truth usually is. And he ruins my Saturday most weeks playing strikers on the wing and Bennett at rb etc etc. I'm judging him on all is transfer windows and nothing tells me this one is going to be any different. I don't think he can spot a player so who he brings in concerns me that's before he is happy with what we have.  This window will close and we will be no better off than last season. We will be conceding late goals, from set pieces , the usual only this time he want s to keep the ball more so it's going to be lots of passing it around the back four first before we concede after five minutes and he has to rip up plan A and hoof it to graham. Don't worry though January isn't far off

• Like 3

True, but that wasn't in the middle of the summer transfer window. I'm actually not a huge Mowbray fan and my comment was more in hope than expectation to tell you the truth. 

I think Mowbray is dumbing down expectations before a ball has been kicked and my take is that he simply didn't get what he was expecting in terms of his budget. My view is that the Indians have tightened the purse strings and Mowbray is working with that. His interview in India where he talked about 'having to sell a Bradley Dack' and 'polishing up' cheap young players was telling to me.

• Like 5