BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

5 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I'm actually bored of writing about how Smallw*nk is. The counter attack he started for PNE sums him up. Those people who acclaim him to be "committed" need to seriously watch him, especially when the other team is attacking... the only time he even approached a sprint today was when he was being subbed. I'm not even joking.

Ironically I thought we grew into the formation today, however Bell HAS to be the left wing back and you cannot carry Smallw*nk and Evans in the CM. If he isn't going to play Reed or Bennett in there, surely it is time for Buckley, Davenport, Mols etc to come in alongside Travis in the last 10 games. 

Also, glad Rothwell doesn't start, he's far too positive. 

We are 11 clear with a huge GD advantage (somehow) over Rotherham, meaning if we win 1 game they realistically need to win 5 to get above us. Time to wave bye bye to the waste of shirts L1 legends and give Damien Johnsons army a run out!

In truth our season was defined by TM"s decisions to essentially play a third Div team in a higher League on the basis that they deserved it, and to see this season as one of "consolidation" ie staying in the Championship.

As if we all needed a big rest after the excitement of finishing 2nd in the Third Division!

All the momentum built from last season has evaporated and a lot of the goodwill with it.

Very poor judgement.

That's been compounded by failure to regularly select players who actually did seem to deserve it and in their right positions.

• Like 6

Thought again the performance and result alike were really poor and I am now of the opinion that progress is not being made and that we need a managerial change. His squad is so imbalanced, his loyalty to certain players is badly hindering us and our results are getting worse as time passes. Shake his hand, hes done well overall but we need a change now.

Our crossing was again, as the stats prove it has been all season, absolutely horrendous. Bennett was as bad as any, to be shoehorned at left back summed up everything that is wrong with Tony Mowbray. Im sure Bennett is a nice guy and he tries his best but hes nowhere near good enough. His crosses every time went over everyone.

Preston were nowhere near their best today but I never felt that we were gonna equalise and Williams defending for their goal summed him up. Dack and Armstrong also may aswell have sat in the stand with the again impressive Graham doing at times very well with our horrendous service up to him.The midfield duo that puts fear into Rovers fans minds again failed to deliver. Fancy that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

You've seen the picture on this thread of the lad with his head cut open? It must have been a heavy handbag. 

That was before the match if you can read. I was talking about after the match as alluded to in the previous post. Heavy handbags is probably your sport of choice

Just now, ossyian said:

That was before the match if you can read. I was talking about after the match as alluded to in the previous post. Heavy handbags is probably your sport of choice

Nah, the previous post was non-specific. However, I can see that you were having trouble quoting a post properly so I'll make allowances for you. 

16 minutes ago, den said:

At a time when violence at football grounds seems to be declining, north end do seem to have a minority of pretty nasty fans. They’ve been around for a few seasons now. They never used to have - or I don’t remember them having this problem. 

Its something the club itself should be looking at and taking responsibility for. 

Put it on our forum as we don't want this sort of thing from Pne fans. 

twitter from Pne police 

Long busy day that today the vast majority of the 7500 #pnefc fans behaved as always impeccably......a minority let themselves & the club down! Some CCTV footage to review with @RoversPolice next week & we’ll be reacquainting ourselves with “fans” from both sides soon.
1 hour ago

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nah, the previous post was non-specific. However, I can see that you were having trouble quoting a post properly so I'll make allowances for you. 

No. if you have been taught how to read it states as he was walking to the match which usually implies pre kick off time. As you are unable to comprehend English properly I will make allowances for you.

2 minutes ago, ossyian said:

No. if you have been taught how to read it states as he was walking to the match which usually implies pre kick off time. As you are unable to comprehend English properly I will make allowances for you.

I know when the lad got hurt. You said the previous post to yours referred to after the match. It didn't. Keep up. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I know when the lad got hurt. You said the previous post to yours referred to after the match. It didn't. Keep up. 

Oh do keep up claretboy. Are you actually as thick as you post  or are you trying miserably to be a comedian?

Just now, ossyian said:

Oh do keep up claretboy. Are you actually as thick as you post  or are you trying miserably to be a comedian?

You've come a long way since you couldn't quote a post. If you'd been able to do it from the start you could have saved yourself a lot of subsequent embarrassment.

Clatetboy is excellent though. Well done you?

Night Chuckles xx

• Like 1

Ooh er Mrs you don't know how to quote a social media post correctly. Well fuck my owd boots. Being able to do that and being as boring as claretboy333 is the future ( or the past as he doesn't know the difference) apparently. 

4 hours ago, rigger said:

what really annoyed me was at 1 nil down, twice there players went down the ref did not blow for a foul yet we kicked the ball out. This shows a soft mentality, just play on and take any advantage going. If you take full advantage and score the player can get as much treatment as he likes before the kick off. If the opposition want to give away a freekick or put the ball out, then at least we will still be attacking, instead of a throw going back to our keeper who has probably the worst distribution in this league.  

This riled me too. I was ranting like a lunatic. It showed us for the soft-arses we have become. We should have gone after them but half of the players were even too shit scared to kick the ball out of play and just passed it to each other. We are weak. Frighteningly weak.

6 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Agree, lots of Preston fans I overheard couldn't believe they had won it. Ultimately, our best chance (thanks to the ref) would have been an OG.

What was the Preston fan consensus as the ref gave the three free kicks against Reed-on-Gallagher, Nuttall-on-Fisher and the Graham "goal"? All three decisions probably saved almost certain goals and all seemed incredibly, nah, ridiculously soft.

Certainly felt the ref was your 12 man in that second half.... even though the red was possibly harsh, but in the 93rd minute I guess he sent him off to mask his pure awful one-sided performance.

I was hoping that if we had lost this we would have been outplayed and had our flawed managers tactics and team selection exposed, so Preston really let me down ?... and still won!!! 

One thing that struck me really was that Blackburn don't seem to have a particular way of playing. The formation gave the wing-backs a lot of time and space but they did nothing with it. Nobody really got around Graham when it went long to him. The formation then changed as the subs came on. Looked a bit of a mess of a set up with an unbalanced squad. Not having Pearson, Potts, Barkhuizen or Robinson available didn't help us but we still had enough good players on the pitch to play much better than we did.

13 minutes ago, north_ender said:

One thing that struck me really was that Blackburn don't seem to have a particular way of playing. The formation gave the wing-backs a lot of time and space but they did nothing with it. Nobody really got around Graham when it went long to him. The formation then changed as the subs came on. Looked a bit of a mess of a set up with an unbalanced squad. Not having Pearson, Potts, Barkhuizen or Robinson available didn't help us but we still had enough good players on the pitch to play much better than we did.

Yeah we're shit mate. 

Another lackluster performance, its getting a bit too repetitive now. We are in a very deep rut right now, even times under Coyle never got this bad. Defeat after defeat after defeat. Not the Mowbray way. Well, to be honest we have not seen the Mowbray way for a while. Things could get real ugly on Tuesday if we fail to beat Wigan. Our lead over them has shrunk drastically, and could be wafer thin after the final whistle on Tuesday. Despite the one and only goal, we did dominate the Preston match however we fail to use our possession effectively. Mass overhaul needed in the summer, which could stretch to the staff... but not just yet!? Thoughts from North End fan Jordan Davidson, the gaffa and more. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

No no no. That's not the reason. The reason is because your club suddenly had fans from all over the north, even in towns that had their own professional club, like Preston for instance. These new supporters; many new to live football thanks to the marketing of Sky (a whole new ball game), suddenly had a club localish to them that were dining at the top table and easily accessible. 

These new supporters were the ones branded 'plastic' by PNE fans. It was fairly easy to determine whether or not the wearer of your replica kit was a 'plastic' or not upon meeting them: and that was to ask if they knew what a Perspex top was. 

Incidentally, do any of the other local clubs call you the Plastics?

Nice to be back by the way.

T

It's good to read a Preston fan looking at this sensibly rather than simply being insulting. Personally I have no interest in all this "plastics" or associated nonsense about how many "they brought" or "we took." It's willy waving.

I and my lads went to Deepdale. We are dedicated ST holders but don't travel much. We went, like thousands of others, because it's a decent derby and good day out.

Your analysis of our floating fans, plastics if you want, is spot on. Any realistic discussion about our crowd decline recognises this. Rovers, in common with all clubs, have a core fan base. People like me who will turn up regardless - for me it's about supporting the club. There is then a section of the support who will turn out for big games or if the club is doing well.

There is no doubt in our PL days we attracted "fans' who wanted to watch PL football. It was easy to get in to Ewood. Where these people Rovers or football fans?

Look at any big game, a big game can be defined in many ways, and the gate will increase significantly. I've been to Chorley a few times recently, I went to all three against Wolves in the cup years ago. Bobbed down for the Fleetwood match in the cup. With a bit of thought I could come up with a long list of other matches at other clubs.

Does this make me a plastic Chorley fan? Of course not, I just have a passing interest in how a local club is doing. There are thousands in this position who will turn out for what is perceived as a "big" game, promotion party or to follow a successful run.

You'll find this type of supporters at every club. It's one of the main reasons Rovers will not grow the support until we are once more established as a PL club. If PNE go up this season people will be scrambling for tickets. Plastics or casual fans who want to watch PNE take on the big six.

I've yet to notice any criticism of Blackpool fans yesterday. Where they all boycotters, those who like a good party, casual fans who had grown tired of watching poor football? Will they all be back next week? When do these fans become plastics? 

Plastics? A stupid insult supporters like to throw around but consider only exist at other clubs.

A decent analysis. Well done.

Edited by Paul

7 hours ago, north_ender said:

Yeah you're spot on. Was talking to some Preston lads in the Fernhurst and they said exactly the same. 

Sooner this season ends the better. That said, if we go into next season like we're playing at the moment we're 100% going down. 

9 hours ago, den said:

At a time when violence at football grounds seems to be declining, north end do seem to have a minority of pretty nasty fans. They’ve been around for a few seasons now. They never used to have - or I don’t remember them having this problem. 

Its something the club itself should be looking at and taking responsibility for. 

I thought their fans were OK tbh, drank in the Fernhurst after the game with no bother at all. In a following of that size you're bound to get a few clowns, let's be honest half of them probably won't go another game all season. 

As a Preston fan I thought Blackburn where rather unlucky not to get a point.  I thought Blackburns work rate was good and although the tactics seemed a little one dimensional I thought on another day they would have scored at least one.

Preston on the other hand played a different team due to injury and suspension but in general bar good defending looked poor and like team that hadn't played much together before.....

but out I suppose to be honest they haven't.  I think this shows that it's going to take longer to get the squad up to a level that will get us into the play offs.  That said we are still in with a shout and as we sit here today we have a winning momentum.  Hopefully Pearson will be back running it next week and thus allow the other players to do what they are good at.

Darnel sending off was a disgrace.

Be interesting to see if Tony Mowbray can stop the root as you chaps where doing well not so long back....good luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, white boy said:

As a Preston fan I thought Blackburn where rather unlucky not to get a point.  I thought Blackburns work rate was good and although the tactics seemed a little one dimensional I thought on another day they would have scored at least one.

Preston on the other hand played a different team due to injury and suspension but in general bar good defending looked poor and like team that hadn't played much together before.....

but out I suppose to be honest they haven't.  I think this shows that it's going to take longer to get the squad up to a level that will get us into the play offs.  That said we are still in with a shout and as we sit here today we have a winning momentum.  Hopefully Pearson will be back running it next week and thus allow the other players to do what they are good at.

Darnel sending off was a disgrace.

Be interesting to see if Tony Mowbray can stop the root as you chaps where doing well not so long back....good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers. How have the players you recently signed from lower league been doing? I notice Potts has scored a couple. The lad you got from Exeter (Storey?) and his CB partner were getting good reviews on the football league show last night. 

Neill seems  to have built a good squad on very little money. 

Edited by blueboy3333

Frustrating, deserved a point so it's hard to criticize too much other than the usual glaring obvious issues.

You look at the team pre game and think shit looks like 3 at the back we'll be all over the shop and we are slower than a walking football side, you think shit Williams is playing that weakens us even further.   A few mins in we've had a go been all over at the back when they've boke, Williams is at fault again and we are one nil down, piss poor defending by a weak defence and dozy defender.

So the most frustrating thing is it is all so so predictable !

Thankfully they showed a bit of stubbornness yesterday but a good performance and not conceding that goal then that Preston team was beatable although they showed how to defend and sit back comfortably on a l1-0 lead.  I await the day we can do that under this manager and coaching set up !

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Frustrating, deserved a point so it's hard to criticize too much other than the usual glaring obvious issues.

You look at the team pre game and think shit looks like 3 at the back we'll be all over the shop and we are slower than a walking football side, you think shit Williams is playing that weakens us even further.   A few mins in we've had a go been all over at the back when they've boke, Williams is at fault again and we are one nil down, piss poor defending by a weak defence and dozy defender.

So the most frustrating thing is it is all so so predictable !

Thankfully they showed a bit of stubbornness yesterday but a good performance and not conceding that goal then that Preston team was beatable although they showed how to defend and sit back comfortably on a l1-0 lead.  I await the day we can do that under this manager and coaching set up !

Exactly ,most teams can defend , Bristol City average team can defend , Preston average can defend , Sheffield Utd average team can defend  nothing special about these teams ..

Leeds and Norwich a bit more about them , should go up automatically.....

My tip for play offs Notts Forest a master stroke appointing O Neil..

• Like 1