BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (h) - the Mowbray love in!

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

kind of get the idea if gallagher scored 20 goals a season(unlikely in the extreme i know)

The reality is, over a third of the way into the season, he has a third of the goals of Williams. Who, as you know, is a defender. You don't think that might have more to do with roversfan99's opinion than this odd notion you've ascribed that he just inherently dislikes him so much he'd be slating him if he scored 20?

• Like 1

A win tonight and moving in the top half might just release a bit of pressure that's now starting to build.  Brought on by themselves it needs to be said but a little winning run now could alter the season. 

It's no great shakes being in midtable but it would be a sign of progress that they are all finally getting their acts together.  It's going to be one of those seasons, i fear a long hard winter so they need to nip that in the bud starting tonight.

8 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Champagne is on ice!

Glasses in the fridge chilling!

I can't see any other result other than a defeat tonight, which I would imagine will see Tony walk. 

I suspect we might pull off an unexpected result tonight.  Even if we lose, I have no doubt that Mowbray will still be manager on Saturday.  

• Like 1

I can see a very difficult evening tonight. I expect it to be clear to everyone how much better Raya is than Walton. As a Rovers fan for many years I never want to see them lose but a heavy loss may finally bring much needed change.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I suspect we might pull off an unexpected result tonight.  Even if we lose, I have no doubt that Mowbray will still be manager on Saturday.  

I just can't see it. Brentford on their day will hammer us. We can't cope with fast flowing football against us. Plus they have a quality and inform keeper. 

Defeat will be enough for Christmas to start early in Mowbray household. He'll have himself a nice, well deserved break back up in the North East, clinging on to the hope Woodgate gets the chop at his beloved Boro. 

Just now, Gary C said:

I can see a very difficult evening tonight. I expect it to be clear to everyone how much better Raya is than Walton. As a Rovers fan for many years I never want to see them lose but a heavy loss may finally bring much needed change.

I agree with everything you said. I never want us to lose, but if we are looking at the bigger picture and the future of our club then defeat might turn out to be the best result. 

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I just can't see it. Brentford on their day will hammer us. We can't cope with fast flowing football against us. Plus they have a quality and inform keeper. 

Defeat will be enough for Christmas to start early in Mowbray household. He'll have himself a nice, well deserved break back up in the North East, clinging on to the hope Woodgate gets the chop at his beloved Boro. 

Don't disagree about the goalkeeper.  In all my years watching Rovers I think Walton is one of the poorest 'keepers I've seen - very much in the Matt Dickins class in terms of an accident waiting to happen.

Over many decades of watching Rovers this is the sort of game when we often pull off an unexpected result and then lose something we ought to win.

However, whatever the result I have little doubt that it will be Mowbray who I will see on the touchline at Stoke.  Listening to his interview on Radio Lancashire with regard to the goalkeeping situation it's pretty clear that he has been given the OK to work on bringing in players in January.  I doubt any decision with regard to the manager will be made until the summer at the earliest and I doubt Mowbray would walk if the team are around mid-table and clear of the relegation zone.

• Like 1

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I agree with everything you said. I never want us to lose, but if we are looking at the bigger picture and the future of our club then defeat might turn out to be the best result. 

Yep I agree. Times need to change 

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan  Tosin  Williams

Travis      Holtby

JRC                    Dack              Rothwell

Graham

Is what I'd be going for tonight. Nice balls to the back post for Graham, get Raya under some pressure. No short free-kicks, everything lumped into the box to put Raya under pressure of the high ball. Tosin and Lenihan need to be up for everything. I'd be giving Joe Rankin-Costello a chance too, a top quality player, and would be able to provide that aforementioned cross to the back post which Armstrong and Gallagher cannot.

Just now, JoeH said:

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan  Tosin  Williams

Travis      Holtby

JRC                    Dack              Rothwell

Graham

Is what I'd be going for tonight. Nice balls to the back post for Graham, get Raya under some pressure. No short free-kicks, everything lumped into the box to put Raya under pressure of the high ball. Tosin and Lenihan need to be up for everything. I'd be giving Joe Rankin-Costello a chance too, a top quality player, and would be able to provide that aforementioned cross to the back post which Armstrong and Gallagher cannot.

It will be borderline criminal if our game plan doesn't involve getting balls into the box to stick Raya under as much pressure as possible.

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

It will be borderline criminal if our game plan doesn't involve getting balls into the box to stick Raya under as much pressure as possible.

"Right lads, let's stick to keeping it on the deck tonight. Arma you're up front on your own and we have Gallagher on the wing if we want to hit high balls into the corner flag.

Stewy I think you're a bit old for this game so we are going to try Richie out left. He hasn't played all season but he's one of my warriors from League 1.

Ryan, I get the feeling you and Joe aren't very well so that's what I'll tell people when I don't name you in the squad.

Benno you are the driving force and the voice in the dressing room, I expect at least 14 fist pumps before we go out on to the pitch, once I see them you can have the armband.

DG your legs are looking tired so once we are 3 down I'll bring you on.

If you lot hear the fans getting on my back don't worry, they just don't understand that I am from the North East and miss my family." 

Let's play for a draw to start with, they are a very technical team, who possess a lot of pace, but don't worry we have Christian in goal and he's nearly settled in to his new house so we'll start to see the best of him soon."

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

"Right lads, let's stick to keeping it on the deck tonight. Arma you're up front on your own and we have Gallagher on the wing if we want to hit high balls into the corner flag.

Stewy I think you're a bit old for this game so we are going to try Richie out left. He hasn't played all season but he's one of my warriors from League 1.

Ryan, I get the feeling you and Joe aren't very well so that's what I'll tell people when I don't name you in the squad.

Benno you are the driving force and the voice in the dressing room, I expect at least 14 fist pumps before we go out on to the pitch, once I see them you can have the armband.

DG your legs are looking tired so once we are 3 down I'll bring you on.

If you lot hear the fans getting on my back don't worry, they just don't understand that I am from the North East and miss my family." 

Let's play for a draw to start with, they are a very technical team, who possess a lot of pace, but don't worry we have Christian in goal and he's nearly settled in to his new house so we'll start to see the best of him soon."

You missed out that he is a working class man 

It seems as if some of you are more hip to see Mowbray sacked than a Rovers win. 

Give him the season. Superman isn’t out there, waiting for us to hire him. There is no one out there without a job that I would take over Mowbray right now. 

Anything can happen in sports; last night, my alma mater, Stephen F. Austin, beat #1 Duke at Cameron Indoor in hoops, where Blue Devils had not lost a non-conference game since 2000. 

Proud Lumberjack (1985 & 1987). Axe ‘em! 

Edited by WacoRover

Just now, WacoRover said:

It seems as if some of you are more hip to see Mowbray sacked than a Rovers win. 

Give him the season. Superman isn’t out there, waiting for us to hire him. There is no one out there without a job that I would take over Mowbray right now. 

Pochetino?

• Like 1

Never been less enthused for a game of football in my life. I’ve probably made that statement a few times in the Venkys era but tonight is one of those nights, seems like Tony already has one foot out the door with his recent comments so if we win tonight I’ll be delighted, if we lose tonight and Mowbray goes then that will also do. I’d then be straight on the phone to Gareth Ainsworth begging him to come and take over. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

latest?cb=20140416021517

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Regardless of the result tonight, TM is going nowhere - We can't be compared, as a club anymore, to the likes of Spurs etc, with decisive and dynamic management structures and clear leadership in place. Nope. We have Waggot, a toothless local Board, and TM himself, who has the blessing of the absent ones many thousands of miles away and who couldn't care less if Blackburn Rovers never kicked another ball in anger.

Besides, given the lack of anyone to push him, why would TM walk on his own volition?

Crackers.

Come on you Blues. Do something. FFS!

• Backroom

Battling with the British railways to get back in time tonight, hope it’s worth my while 

Feels like a bigger game than the one at weekend even though we won the pressure seems increased

Wouldn't it be nice for Tony to say to the lads in the dressing room. "Forget about tactics and all we've discussed for this game. Go out there, play your own game, use your own football nouse, you are all professionals who love the game, enjoy yourselves with gay abandon."

• Like 1