BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s over 30 year old, and it was even naff back then, so if anyone is the Grandad wanting that cheese played, it’s you!

I’d take it up with @Miller11 , as I’m sure he now has an input into the music they play.

What would you like then?? 

The real teens of blackburn(those that live on the estates, not the ponsy outskirt areas) still listen to dance music and the like, probably passed down from their parents

Posted (edited)

Blackburn was one of the homes of rave and acid house, they weren’t listening to the likes of ‘no no, no no no no’, ya daft sod 😅.

What do I want to hear? Couldn’t give a flying feck, so yeah, get them rung up with your suggestion, might fire Gallagher up enough to actually get in the box or something.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Blackburn was one of the homes of rave and acid house, they weren’t listening to the likes of ‘no no, no no no no’, ya daft sod 😅.

What do I want to hear? Couldn’t give a flying feck, so yeah, get them rung up with your suggestion, might fire Gallagher up enough to actually get in the box or something.

'Couldn't give a feck' then why comment at all

Stuff like no limits is what made the charts and got played in regular nightclubs(in various remixes) years after the very short lived acid house scene ended. I mentioned that song simply because it has a good intro, it's upbeat and is easy to sing along to(should you want to) 

Ya daft tw@t.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Posted (edited)

Well you are certainly persuasive, like I said get in touch with Miller and hopefully the players can run out to it for the opening game against Burton Albion in August… and watch the roof come off!

🎶 No, no, no no…

Edited by Mattyblue

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They played Hardcore Uproar at the Newcastle match.

Fair enough playing late 80s early 90s techno and acid but No Limits was gash at the time.

Fair point, i think what I'm getting at is they should be playing something that the normal working class lads and their dads can enjoy, something that actually represents the town in some way without it being some dopey clichéd peter kay esque singalong. 

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Fair point, i think what I'm getting at is they should be playing something that the normal working class lads and their dads can enjoy, something that actually represents the town in some way without it being some dopey clichéd peter kay esque singalong. 

So some early 2000s bounce then. Complete with all the MCs and everything.

Turn Ewood into Monroe's 2.0

I’ve provided a playlist for every game since about January. Previously the club were using a very small pool of songs. In the early part of the season you’d often hear most of the same songs I provided for the fans takeover games being played on repeat. At one game they got someone external in as a one off to do the PA and he turned up with his decks and played World of Our Own by Westlife at the final whistle, after another crap result, which loads of people felt strongly enough about to email in complaints.

Every home game there is almost an hour and a half of music to play before kick off. Most of it is played to a very small audience, but I’ve tried to stick to the general rule of thumb of never picking the same song twice (with one or two exceptions), and every game songs are played that are by local bands or supporters who are in the crowd.

They won’t change the actual walk out music from that rubbish Red Hot Chilli Peppers rubbish, this was apparently picked by the players - I complain about this on a weekly basis, but I’m hoping that will be different next season. My biggest bugbear is that if my timings are slightly under they fill the gap with Thunderstruck by AC/DC which is about as generic and unimaginative a song as is possible to play - it’s Clitheroe’s (and almost every other non-league teams) walk out song for gods sake.

Off the top of my head the following have all been played in the 15 minutes before kick off over the last few months…

Oasis, Stone Roses, Metallica, Motörhead, New Order, Joy Division, Judas Priest, Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Green Day, Status Quo, Hard-Fi, Charlatans, Kasabian, Led Zeppelin, Reverend and the Makers, Talking Heads, Bowie, Buzzcocks, Prodigy, The Clash, The Who, Shed Seven, Chemical Brothers, Thin Lizzy, James, K-Klass, Kiss, Dario G, Depeche Mode…

As mentioned above, Hardcore Uproar was played against Newcastle, and in fact has been played every single time I’ve compiled a playlist this season. It’s THE Blackburn acid house tune and was basically born in Ewood Mill. The feedback on this has been really positive and it was trending on Twitter when it got played in the FA cup game.

Another myth that still persists is that the version of Wild Rover by Morning Call still gets played. Well, at the start of the season this was accidentally deleted by someone at Rovers so they don’t even have a copy of it. I sit in the Riverside with the singer who has provided me with it, so if it does make a comeback you can blame/thank me.

As for 2Unlimited as the walk out music, I’m not dying on that hill. During the build up on occasion, no bother.

• Like 8

May I add that Duncan does this free of charge. Good to see that he cares enough to at least give some of the supporters something to connect with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve provided a playlist for every game since about January. Previously the club were using a very small pool of songs. In the early part of the season you’d often hear most of the same songs I provided for the fans takeover games being played on repeat. At one game they got someone external in as a one off to do the PA and he turned up with his decks and played World of Our Own by Westlife at the final whistle, after another crap result, which loads of people felt strongly enough about to email in complaints.

Every home game there is almost an hour and a half of music to play before kick off. Most of it is played to a very small audience, but I’ve tried to stick to the general rule of thumb of never picking the same song twice (with one or two exceptions), and every game songs are played that are by local bands or supporters who are in the crowd.

They won’t change the actual walk out music from that rubbish Red Hot Chilli Peppers rubbish, this was apparently picked by the players - I complain about this on a weekly basis, but I’m hoping that will be different next season. My biggest bugbear is that if my timings are slightly under they fill the gap with Thunderstruck by AC/DC which is about as generic and unimaginative a song as is possible to play - it’s Clitheroe’s (and almost every other non-league teams) walk out song for gods sake.

Off the top of my head the following have all been played in the 15 minutes before kick off over the last few months…

Oasis, Stone Roses, Metallica, Motörhead, New Order, Joy Division, Judas Priest, Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Basement Jaxx, Green Day, Status Quo, Hard-Fi, Charlatans, Kasabian, Led Zeppelin, Reverend and the Makers, Talking Heads, Bowie, Buzzcocks, Prodigy, The Clash, The Who, Shed Seven, Chemical Brothers, Thin Lizzy, James, K-Klass, Kiss, Dario G, Depeche Mode…

As mentioned above, Hardcore Uproar was played against Newcastle, and in fact has been played every single time I’ve compiled a playlist this season. It’s THE Blackburn acid house tune and was basically born in Ewood Mill. The feedback on this has been really positive and it was trending on Twitter when it got played in the FA cup game.

Another myth that still persists is that the version of Wild Rover by Morning Call still gets played. Well, at the start of the season this was accidentally deleted by someone at Rovers so they don’t even have a copy of it. I sit in the Riverside with the singer who has provided me with it, so if it does make a comeback you can blame/thank me.

As for 2Unlimited as the walk out music, I’m not dying on that hill. During the build up on occasion, no bother.

I always liked the Morning Call version.

Tony is a top lad.

Get rid of the Red Hot Chili Pepper they are absolutely gash.

• Like 2

I don't mind RHCP if I'm honest, but Can't Stop isn't a good walk-out song.

I'd even prefer to go back in time and have Final Countdown than that ^

I have noticed an improvement though since Miller started becoming involved.
The Watford home game just before Xmas was a notable one - some crackers played. Heard lots of positive stuff around me, pre-game.

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

I don't mind RHCP if I'm honest, but Can't Stop isn't a good walk-out song.

I'd even prefer to go back in time and have Final Countdown than that ^

I have noticed an improvement though since Miller started becoming involved.
The Watford home game just before Xmas was a notable one - some crackers played. Heard lots of positive stuff around me, pre-game.

Final countdown will always be the walkout song for me. So so many great memories from that era.

• Like 3

I've played a few matches at Ewood and every time, the walkout song has been Final Countdown.

Even in a charity match, with barely any fans and no atmosphere, it gave me goosebumps.

Can't Stop is the worst walkout song we've had in my 27 years of supporting.

It'll always be Final Countdown for me. I still get a rush when I hear that song for the memories of walking onto the ground. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The walk out song really does have to change! 

And I like the chilli peppers as a band on the whole but that song is pretty weak and has no relevance to rovers at all. That said i cant stand final countdown. 

Having a regular house/stadium dj in each game is a good idea, but it would need to be someone local with good broad music tastes and a rovers fan ideally, not just some cheesy wedding renta dj knobhead

15 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Thanks for Sound of the Suburbs, brilliant.

Walk out song for me would be Swords of a thousand men.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Andy said:

I've played a few matches at Ewood and every time, the walkout song has been Final Countdown.

Even in a charity match, with barely any fans and no atmosphere, it gave me goosebumps

Personally I think Final Countdown is the right song to play when the players are coming out from the tunnel. Another song I think would be is Kasabian

The music is better in recent games and will hopefully stay that way next season. We'll done @Miller11👏

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Personally I think Final Countdown is the right song to play when the players are coming out from the tunnel. Another song I think would be is Kasabian

The music is better in recent games and will hopefully stay that way next season. We'll done @Miller11👏

Kasbian are Leicester, just like oasis/the gallaghers are city. Hearing them played by any other club just doesn't sit right. (and I'm saying that as a massive oasis/gallagher fanboy) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kasabian?? I'd rather have a naked waggot lapdance

Having Final Countdown as a walkout song has made me hate it with a burning passion. I'll be happy if I never have to hear it again, even notwithstanding the nostalgia of the era.

Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere would be more apt these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M_B said:

Thanks for Sound of the Suburbs, brilliant.

Walk out song for me would be Swords of a thousand men.

If i was a boxer that'd be my walk out tune, would get right up the hooters of the wokey mob as well so even better.

However not sure it's suited to the more docile Ewood environment and the players have likely never heard of it.

• Like 1