BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would we create safe standing in 3 different stands, surely it would make sense to have it all together.

I cannot see the reasoning of having three seperate safe standing areas. The part of the ground where standing is most prevelent is the Blackburn end. Therefore it is the logical place to put a safe standing area. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would only put safe standing area in no1 part of the Blackburn End. then one in the Darwen end and the Riverside stand 

If N01 was made into a standing area, wouldn't that block some of the view - the JW/BBE corner - for those in N02?

The standing areas I've seen - e.g Celtic - seem to be in corners, but I'm probably be wrong.

22 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If N01 was made into a standing area, wouldn't that block some of the view - the JW/BBE corner - for those in N02?

The standing areas I've seen - e.g Celtic - seem to be in corners, but I'm probably be wrong.

People are already standing in NO1, just not officially. It hasn't obstructed my view from NO2. If it did I would just get a seat somewhere else.

I sit in NO1, and a lot of fans in that section don’t stand, so I can imagine there would be a lot of annoyance if they suddenly turned it into a standing area, though fan feeling didn’t stop them when it came to shutting down parts of the ground.

…all moot this discussion anyway as there’s not a chance the club will invest in it anytime soon.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course there’s a market for a hotel just off the M65, as the proliferation of them over the last few years makes clear.

As Chaddy personally wouldn’t stay in a hotel around here, because it’s obviously where he already resides, he, as usual, struggles to realise others will…

We looked for a hotel locally for some colleagues recently and Astley Bank was as cheap as the Premier Inn and the Fernhurst.  If there is a demand for a hotel, it’ll be in the £40 to £65 a night bracket.

If our current lot are involved they will probably be expecting double that. 

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I sit in NO2 and I have no problem seeing things from my viewpoint. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would we create safe standing in 3 different stands, surely it would make sense to have it all together.

Blackburn End for home fans

Darwen end for away fans 

Part of Riverside fans who want a stand on view from the side of the pitch 

But it all comes from the demand from supporters if there is one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I sit in NO2 and I have no problem seeing things from my viewpoint. 

Blackburn End for home fans

Darwen end for away fans 

Part of Riverside fans who want a stand on view from the side of the pitch 

But it all comes from the demand from supporters if there is one

There is demand, I and others have said we would be interested on here. How much exactly I don't know, but surely such information would be easy to gather if the club had any interest.

One of the major questions would be where, it would make sense to do it in one area at least at first, the question would be where. I am guessing that what with your lack of empathy, your view would be totally different should you be affected compared to your dismissive attitude when other areas of the ground were closed without supporter consultation.

One thing we have been told on here is that Venkys never refuse to sign a cheque. Like with the pitch situation, would I be right in saying that any infrastructure costs such as this would not fall under the usual excuse of FFP? Alas, in fans forum minutes earlier in the season, Waggott dismissed the immediate prospect of safe standing for financial reasons so it won't be happening regardless.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is demand, I and others have said we would be interested on here. How much exactly I don't know, but surely such information would be easy to gather if the club had any interest.

I posted on this issue a few weeks back where I suggested that club conduct a survey of all season tickets and people who have bought a match ticket this season over the safe standing area and whether and what the demand would be for this. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

One of the major questions would be where, it would make sense to do it in one area at least at first, the question would be where. I am guessing that what with your lack of empathy, your view would be totally different should you be affected compared to your dismissive attitude when other areas of the ground were closed without supporter consultation.

that's one of the biggest problem is where would you put a safe standing area. 

Dismissive attitude? I have said today that the Riverside stand shouldn't be left to rot but actually invest in and improve. So please explain what you are going on about thanks?

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course there’s a market for a hotel just off the M65, as the proliferation of them over the last few years makes clear.

As Chaddy personally wouldn’t stay in a hotel around here, because it’s obviously where he already resides, he, as usual, struggles to realise others will…

The “ Hilton” chain have a budget range of hotels apparently. They’re building at least one ten story hotel in the centre of Rochdale right now. Could be they’re building two. Somebody else is building multi story apartments next to the hotels. 
Rochdale is no better than Blackburn in this respect, the demand must be there.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Regarding safe standing: surely the most sensible and cheapest option to convert, would be converting The Riverside (or part of)?

Why is it about the cheapest solution? We’re owned by billionaires and already lose 20M a season… what’s 20.1M?

I sit in the Riverside… if you ask people 10 seats to my left and right to stand some will be happy with it, some will accept it, some aren’t fit enough to do it and some won’t renew because of it. The last thing a club in Rovers position should be doing is alienating fans by forcing initiatives on them they don’t want. There’s people around me that have had the same seat for 60 years and you’re suggesting it’s sensible to ask them to stand all game or move seats? Nonsense. There’s only two genuinely sensible solutions, both of which have problems:

1) you create a ‘singing / standing’ section in no1 Blackburn End… on the basis most already stand, the singing culture encourages standing and this is damage limitation 

2) you create a new standing area in an unused section of the ground (the Darwen end) but risk splitting up the small vocal support which we do have. 

I would be tempted to go with Opt 1 as it’s damage limitation. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Why is it about the cheapest solution? We’re owned by billionaires and already lose 20M a season… what’s 20.1M?

I sit in the Riverside… if you ask people 10 seats to my left and right to stand some will be happy with it, some will accept it, some aren’t fit enough to do it and some won’t renew because of it. The last thing a club in Rovers position should be doing is alienating fans by forcing initiatives on them they don’t want. There’s people around me that have had the same seat for 60 years and you’re suggesting it’s sensible to ask them to stand all game or move seats? Nonsense. There’s only two genuinely sensible solutions, both of which have problems:

1) you create a ‘singing / standing’ section in no1 Blackburn End… on the basis most already stand, the singing culture encourages standing and this is damage limitation 

2) you create a new standing area in an unused section of the ground (the Darwen end) but risk splitting up the small vocal support which we do have. 

NIMBY!

For the record, I wouldn't bother at all, then nobody would be upset and no additional expenditure incurred.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

swag can`t even arrange the cleaning of the steelwork and facade of the stands,arranging a major project like rejigging the stands is not going to happen with him in charge

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

NIMBY!

For the record, I wouldn't bother at all, then nobody would be upset and no additional expenditure incurred.

It’s not about ‘not in my back yard’ it’s about seeing the bigger picture, we cannot afford to piss off our own fans because we’ve already pissed off X thousand that aren’t coming back. There needs to be proper thinking, organising and planning into all decisions… unfortunately, that is often lacking. 

Here’s what should be done:

Send out a poll to existing ST holders to find out if any significant % of them want a safe standing area.

If yes, find out where do these people sit? 

If there is an obvious area where safe standing seems to be preferred, invite all of those ST holders to an open forum at the club to discuss it. Make it worthwhile - put some food on, have the bar open afterwards.

Get the CEO in the room and explain that the club has done due diligence and the area where everyone in the room sits seems to be a hot spot for Safe Standing support. Ask for opinion from the room. Those that don’t want safe standing, why? If they where asked to move, how would they feel? 

Review the feedback and decide on next steps. If there was a significant positive feel in the room, feed that back to all ST holders and ask again if anyone that couldn’t attend has any huge reservations against it. 

If it still feels positive, trial it. 

But the club don’t think like this. At best they ask questions in the corporate lounges, at worst they just make changes. Because it’s poor management. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s not about ‘not in my back yard’ it’s about seeing the bigger picture, we cannot afford to piss off our own fans because we’ve already pissed off X thousand that aren’t coming back. There needs to be proper thinking, organising and planning into all decisions… unfortunately, that is often lacking. 

Here’s what should be done:

Send out a poll to existing ST holders to find out if any significant % of them want a safe standing area.

If yes, find out where do these people sit? 

If there is an obvious area where safe standing seems to be preferred, invite all of those ST holders to an open forum at the club to discuss it. Make it worthwhile - put some food on, have the bar open afterwards.

Get the CEO in the room and explain that the club has done due diligence and the area where everyone in the room sits seems to be a hot spot for Safe Standing support. Ask for opinion from the room. Those that don’t want safe standing, why? If they where asked to move, how would they feel? 

Review the feedback and decide on next steps. If there was a significant positive feel in the room, feed that back to all ST holders and ask again if anyone that couldn’t attend has any huge reservations against it. 

If it still feels positive, trial it. 

But the club don’t think like this. At best they ask questions in the corporate lounges, at worst they just make changes. Because it’s poor management. 

Isn't the idea to encourage new season ticket buyers. In which case the people to ask if they would want a standing area are the ones who have bought walk on tickets. The club should decide if and where they are going to have standing, then ask season ticket holders from that area what their views are.  

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swag can`t even arrange the cleaning of the steelwork and facade of the stands,arranging a major project like rejigging the stands is not going to happen with him in charge

He dont answer emails regarding this either, I had put forward a solution which could of been done in the close season which would of given the paint side of things at least 30 years maintenance free, and pretty much cost the club zilch as I had a Belgium company with a paint system which has no VOC's (meaning extremely environmental friendly) . Its a one coat system, and they do a lot of work around the world and in particular in extreme element conditions (offshore). They were very keen to move into UK infrastructure and would of funded the best part of a few million refurb, as part of their marketing strategy

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He dont answer emails regarding this either, I had put forward a solution which could of been done in the close season which would of given the paint side of things at least 30 years maintenance free, and pretty much cost the club zilch as I had a Belgium company with a paint system which has no VOC's (meaning extremely environmental friendly) . Its a one coat system, and they do a lot of work around the world and in particular in extreme element conditions (offsure). They were very keen to move into UK infrastructure and would of funded the best part of a few million refurb, as part of their marketing strategy

It’s almost like they don’t plan to be here long term (swag) myself and Duncan brought it up with Steve before Christmas. It gets brushed off as part of the end of season non existent maintenance plan 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Good win last night for the Academy.

But with Rovers now a cup team, plus Ewood now hosting decent numbers of U21, U18 and Women’s games (plus cold day training sessions when they decide not to use the indoor facilities at Brockhall)… let’s hope the pitch holds up through the winter.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Respecting the legacy of Jack Walker update. The club posted this picture on Saturday. I've attached a photo of Jack's statue taken in January 2018. Those paving slabs haven't had a clean in years.. I thought the wooden fork was a nice touch too! 😒

GF-qk0RWAAAiA7n.jpg

gettyimages-911134040-1024x1024.jpg

• Like 1

It really does grieve me. They just do not care at all. Never mind that thousands of people will be heartbroken about this. How about taking some fucking pride in your job you doss bag of spilt fuck? 

But then I guess if you don't give a shit about your personal appearance why the hell care what the stadium looks like? 

It's bloody maddening really. 

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 6

costs nothing to do a bit of power washing on those flags,is a bit disgusting that nobody seems to care,but thats the attitude at ewood nowadays,they don`t care about messing up a players transfer,so the ground is never getting a spruce up,the side of the riverside is a complete mess and looks like gypsy`s have been visiting