BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2022/march/23/club-statement/

One for Waggott to try and explain. Stoke have lost a lot more than we have over the last few years. Their owners are writing off debts and spending £4 million improving their training ground and stadium

That's what owners who care and take pride in their club do. 

• Like 6

Yet some deluded fans will still say we're lucky to have them. How can any football club be lucky to have owners that have zero interest in funding or improving infrastructure. If your facilities are deteriorating or being left behind by new standards then your owners are a problem. It really is as simple as that in this day and age.

• Like 3

On a similar subject I see here that QPR have decided to instal rail seating at Loftus Road following an overwhelming survey of fans wanting it.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-230322/

I think when this subject has been brought up with Waggott it has been met with nothing but a 'look into it' shoulder shrug and mention of how much it would cost.

Another example of a rival club delivering for their fans to improve their offerings whilst Rovers sit and do nothing in a decaying stadium.

Edited by JHRover

6 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Yet some deluded fans will still say we're lucky to have them. How can any football club be lucky to have owners that have zero interest in funding or improving infrastructure. If your facilities are deteriorating or being left behind by new standards then your owners are a problem. It really is as simple as that in this day and age.

Could understand it if money was tight but?

20 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Stanley have opened catering facilities on non match days. We used to have Blues Bar open daily before it was the latest of Venky's cuts and before that, the John Lewis Complex when we were in the 2nd division. I used to eat in the John Lewis complex regularly. The food was excellent. Kenny and the players ate there after training. Blues Bar was just as good initially but it's just a burger and chips menu now. So sad what's happened to the whole of the club

John Lewis used to always have something on weekend as well 

21 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

John Lewis Complex when we were in the 2nd division. I used to eat in the John Lewis complex regularly. The food was excellent. 

Yep, they had weddings there, parties, something happening every night virtually....as a lad me and my mates used to lend a hand to the delivering drivers up the steps to the bar area...always got a free bottle of appletize 👌

• Like 1

We used to for for Sunday dinner fairly often. Mothers Day meals etc etc.

Just basic stuff for any hospitality/leisure business, ‘sweating the assets’ and all that, instead of the pretty much moth balled place Ewood now is outside match days…

On 23/03/2022 at 16:03, JHRover said:

On a similar subject I see here that QPR have decided to instal rail seating at Loftus Road following an overwhelming survey of fans wanting it.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-230322/

I think when this subject has been brought up with Waggott it has been met with nothing but a 'look into it' shoulder shrug and mention of how much it would cost.

Another example of a rival club delivering for their fans to improve their offerings whilst Rovers sit and do nothing in a decaying stadium.

What the hell is rail seating? Is it safe standing? If so it's not seating. One or the other.

18 minutes ago, bazza said:

What the hell is rail seating? Is it safe standing? If so it's not seating. One or the other.

Rail seating is a seated area with rails in front of the seats which allows for safe standing.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

I safe standing that different to whats there now anyway?  Most grounds fans stand anyway.  The safe standing areas do not recreate the old terrace atmosphere imo simply because the old terraces were more dangerous and people were packed in and able to mosh about the place as they pleased.  I suppose its better than sitting but its still not the real McCoy.

Unfortunately the great terraces while great for atmosphere were not safe

18 hours ago, bazza said:

When I saw the term a few days ago I did a Google on ''rail seating football'' and it gives full info.

''Metal seat is incorporated within a robust metal frame that forms a waist-high rail for the spectators in the row behind. These seat frames are installed on a permanent basis with the same spacing as standard seats''

They look uncomfortable and I suggest only for those who want to stand all game.

Actually I think I mean they are for those a lot younger or fitter than me ...

Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When I saw the term a few days ago I did a Google on ''rail seating football'' and it gives full info.

''Metal seat is incorporated within a robust metal frame that forms a waist-high rail for the spectators in the row behind. These seat frames are installed on a permanent basis with the same spacing as standard seats''

They look uncomfortable and I suggest only for those who want to stand all game.

Actually I think I mean they are for those a lot younger or fitter than me ...

Safe_standing_area_fitted_with_rail_seats.jpg

Pointless exercise. What do you do if the guy in front of you wants  to stand up and you don’t ? Apart from planting him that is. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pointless exercise. What do you do if the guy in front of you wants  to stand up and you don’t ? Apart from planting him that is. 

i think the seats are fastened back,which begs the question whats the point of having them,might as well not be there and go back to proper terracing

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You don't buy a ticket in the rail seating area.

• Like 2