BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

20210805_132503.thumb.jpg.d92f066d99017693c755e4bb0b0c205c.jpg

Forget Ewood look at the state of that  bird shit, paint , needs a right clean up   beginning of the season aswell.  shameful

How the fuck can the suits drive past that eveyday and not feel ashamed.

For gods sake all it takes is soap and hot water,  just shows they've no pride in anything at all. All just a wage as they trudge drearily in everyday.

Sickening.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How the fuck can the suits drive past that eveyday and not feel ashamed.

For gods sake all it takes is soap and hot water,  just shows they've no pride in anything at all. All just a wage as they trudge drearily in everyday.

Sickening.

Not to mention the threadbare grass in front and that ugly grey box thing....🤷‍♂️ trees need cutting back a bit and tidying up ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not to mention the threadbare grass in front and that ugly grey box thing....🤷‍♂️ trees need cutting back a bit and tidying up ...

Is that grey box thing not a light meant to light up the sign and badge when it gets dark? Does look ugly though.

Edited by JacknOry

They have the excuse that messing with cutting trees back and altering electric things costs  money.

Soap and water however doesn't and i'm sure they've a stiff brush lying around somewhere.  Thing is it just won't register with those dweebs that half an hours scrubbing once in a while might make it look like someone cares.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

They have the excuse that messing with cutting trees back and altering electric things costs  money.

Soap and water however doesn't and i'm sure they've a stiff brush lying around somewhere.  Thing is it just won't register with those dweebs that half an hours scrubbing once in a while might make it look like someone cares.

Apprentices did that when I was a 16 year old. Gareth Ainsworth scrubbed our facilities down Ewood when he was a lad, if its good enough for him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Apprentices did that when I was a 16 year old. Gareth Ainsworth scrubbed our facilities down Ewood when he was a lad, if its good enough for him.

Times they are a changing. When I was an apprentice (in industry ) all you had to worry about was getting your bollocks blackened.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

Times they are a changing. When I was an apprentice (in industry ) all you had to worry about was getting your bollocks blackened.

Or being sent for a long stand, a tin of tartan paint or a left handed screwdriver.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm sure there is a more up to date way without that carbuncle 

Yes, it is a floodlight & yes you can do it more discreetly & could when the STC was built. An in-ground uplight with asymmetric distribution would do the trick quite nicely.

Mind you, looking at the state of the wall, there'd be 2 inches of bird shit on it by now so there wouldn't be much light coming through!

Alternatively a new sign with integral LED backlighting - not much chance of that when a bucket & sponge seems to be above our budget! We can dream! 😆

• Like 1

For anyone at the ground on Saturday what was the general condition of Ewood like ? For obvious reasons i havent been at the ground since the Preston game in Jan 2020. At that game i was surprised how tired and dirty the ground looked.  The outside of the stands, the metal structures on the roof of the stands etc all looked in desperate need of a good power wash.

From my seat in NO1 of the Blackburn End, the metalwork between the BEnd and JW was absolutely covered in grime… the Totally Wicked devil that hangs between the stands has been infected too.

Just looked generally very shabby… ‘furlough’, obviously. Though not sure what the excuse was prior to March 2020.

• Like 1