BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

The comment matches exactly what Steve Waggott told the Fans Forum in confidence two weeks ago on 11th January I.e. before the Stoke and Swansea games. At the time I don’t think he had full agreement.

The plan is a complete refurbishment not done since 1992, hence the big money.

That's great news and tends to confirm the view of some that the owners always provide money when asked.

There's only one missing ingredient!

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

The comment matches exactly what Steve Waggott told the Fans Forum in confidence two weeks ago on 11th January I.e. before the Stoke and Swansea games. At the time I don’t think he had full agreement.

Tony and Tesco down to B&Q next week for a few bags of sand,  fertiliser and a few bags of turfline should do the trick.  Stick the 2m in the pension pot. Benno makes the brews, brings the wheelbarrow and runs to the bookies for the lads like.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

Fair enough. Thanks for sharing. 

How long will the complete refurbishment take? 

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's great news and tends to confirm the view of some that the owners always provide money when asked.

There's only one missing ingredient!

The money that has been thrown at the club since 2012 and for us to have pretty much been anchored to mid table in the second division (at best) for the duration whilst the infrastructure of the club has been run down is insane.

More fool the owners, I suppose, if they are not demanding much more in the way of outcomes, but Christ what could we have achieved if the club had been run in a far less dysfunctional way this past decade...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, only2garners said:

£2,000,000 divided by 7000 season ticket holders is an extra £285 on each season ticket.

😬

Warnock after the weekends game

Marcus Tavernier also came off against Rovers in the second half with an injury which Warnock put down to the Riverside surface.

He added: "It’s another slip on the grass. The pitch is not very good at all - and it won’t be for the rest of the season. Everybody’s slipping on it all the time, and it was another slip.”

If the plan is to spend £2 million on the pitch, and that's a big if, then that is very impressive indeed. With sort of outlay I would expect to end up with the best pitch in England.

A desso pitch, which are standard bearers these days, usually cost in the region of £1 million or so, so almost double that is very significant.

Unless the £2 million applies to all the pitches including the academy and training ground in which case it ends up more like £200,000 per pitch if evenly divided.

As I say, I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If the plan is to spend £2 million on the pitch, and that's a big if, then that is very impressive indeed. With sort of outlay I would expect to end up with the best pitch in England.

A desso pitch, which are standard bearers these days, usually cost in the region of £1 million or so, so almost double that is very significant.

Unless the £2 million applies to all the pitches including the academy and training ground in which case it ends up more like £200,000 per pitch if evenly divided.

As I say, I'll believe it when I see it. 

I must admit, I'm not well up with the costs for these things, but is it possible that the extra £1m is for the undersoil heating and drainage or does that £1m you quote include replacing/overhauling all that?

Either way, if they're going to spend proper money on the pitch then great - it's about bloody time!

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Warnock after the weekends game

Marcus Tavernier also came off against Rovers in the second half with an injury which Warnock put down to the Riverside surface.

He added: "It’s another slip on the grass. The pitch is not very good at all - and it won’t be for the rest of the season. Everybody’s slipping on it all the time, and it was another slip.”

And I thought their pitch looked like a bowling green compared to Ewood

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

And I thought their pitch looked like a bowling green compared to Ewood

Ya,me too. Craven cottage looked like it was as bad, but it had been really patched up.

It was like Fulham ,who want to play football, at home, playing on a bog against Burnely , who bog ball suits. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Meanwhile at Leeds Utd ...

Tottenham help Leeds United with pitch problems as Yorkshire club install new £300,000 turf | Daily Mail Online

Seems to be a common problem across all divisions.

Sheff Weds fans also complaining on their Forum  about the state of their pitch ..is that not one of these fabled Desso pitches ??

We are not alone ..the quick turn around between seasons has buggered up many a pitch that is a certainty !

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How's the £2 million pitch relay doing? All on schedule for the summer?

Someone went off to Sky and told them it was happening in the summer so hope we won't be disappointed.

Struggling for sponsorship/financing apparently.

Another empty boast from Waggott that will disappear into the distance.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Struggling for sponsorship/financing apparently.

Another empty boast from Waggott that will disappear into the distance.

I don't think it was ever going to happen. But when the pitchforks were out and spotlight was on the pitch back in January he needed to come up with something to shut people up so blagged about a £2 million investment in the summer.

What sponsorship are they hoping to get for a new pitch? Who is going to sponsor that?

Surely financing means ringing up our great leaders in India and telling them this is essential?

• Like 2