BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

In the 2000s Blues Bar was a cracking venue. Good food, drink variety, loads of  fantastic Rovers memorabilia all over the place. We used to be in there for hours pre match week in week out.

Went in recently and I couldn’t believe how much it had gone downhill. Food and drink really poor and they’ve somehow got rid of its USP, a ROVERS bar, most of the memorabilia removed, even the tiled floor mosaic of our badge on the floor near the bar, gone - now just a generic and tatty ‘Sports Bar’.

Sums up this decade of mismanagement nicely, I thought…

• Like 9

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you must be like the old fellow who lived down the street where  i grew up up,he used to keep all the footballs that went into his garden,he took my pink mitre sondico from 1986 and i never saw it again😰

I’m actually nothing like that guy. Obviously, you never learnt how to kick a football where it was meant to go or it wouldn’t have ended up in his garden. I’ve stood or sat in every section of the ground over the years and I now find that sitting in the Riverside suits me just like jumping around in the Blackburn End did back in the day. Don’t assume that supporters who sit in the Riverside are miserable, tut-tutting morons. They sit there out of choice, just like everyone else does around the ground.

2 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I’m actually nothing like that guy. Obviously, you never learnt how to kick a football where it was meant to go or it wouldn’t have ended up in his garden. I’ve stood or sat in every section of the ground over the years and I now find that sitting in the Riverside suits me just like jumping around in the Blackburn End did back in the day. Don’t assume that supporters who sit in the Riverside are miserable, tut-tutting morons. They sit there out of choice, just like everyone else does around the ground.

You missed out "Old"

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

In the 2000s Blues Bar was a cracking venue. Good food, drink variety, loads of  fantastic Rovers memorabilia all over the place. We used to be in there for hours pre match week in week out.

Went in recently and I couldn’t believe how much it had gone downhill. Food and drink really poor and they’ve somehow got rid of its USP, a ROVERS bar, most of the memorabilia removed, even the tiled floor mosaic of our badge on the floor near the bar, gone - now just a generic and tatty ‘Sports Bar’.

Sums up this decade of mismanagement nicely, I thought…

The food and drink being poor is bad enough but who in god’s name thought it’d be a good idea to get rid of the Rovers memorabilia? Why would it even cross your mind to do that? Once that stuff is up, it should stay up, no brainer. 

I haven’t actually been in since the Flitcroft and Jansen event in 2010 (!) but you can tell from pictures that it now just looks….well ‘tatty’ is the correct word!

• Like 2

Bit like them removing those fantastic  two history timelines in both Jack Walker Stand corners - the DE side one being replaced with an ‘Away Ticket Sales’ sign, right next to an existing sign saying… err… ‘Away Ticket Sales’

Just can’t fathom what goes on with the Brains Trust down there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Recent article In WSC shows a similar problem (only worse) at Birmingham. Because of a failure to address maintenance issues, rust has rendered areas of the ground unsafe.

The ground was rebuilt in the 90's but attendances are now limited to a maximum of 19000.

Supporters fear further closures are likely with more restrictions further limiting attendances.

This could and probably will be our fate. 1980's all over again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Recent article In WSC shows a similar problem (only worse) at Birmingham. Because of a failure to address maintenance issues, rust has rendered areas of the ground unsafe.

The ground was rebuilt in the 90's but attendances are now limited to a maximum of 19000.

Supporters fear further closures are likely with more restrictions further limiting attendances.

At the start of this season they didn’t have enough seats for season ticket holders, they had to take turns to attend!

1 hour ago, 47er said:

There is corrosion appearing on the supporting steel.  They were painted white I'm guessing in the early-mid 2000s but they have been badly neglected since.  Next time you are over have a look at the Riverside end of the Darwen Stand.  Its filthy and rusting.

Edited by Nuttall is lost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuttall is lost said:

There is corrosion appearing on the supporting steel.  They painted white I'm guessing in the early-mid 2000s but they have been badly neglected since.  Next time you are over have a look at the Riverside end of the Darwen Stand.  Its filthy and rusting.

The worst thing is it’s not all just negligence, some of it is deliberate neglect. 

They want the Riverside to be condemned and are happy for it to not only become a mess, but dangerous too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The worst thing is it’s not all just negligence, some of it is deliberate neglect. 

They want the Riverside to be condemned and are happy for it to not only become a mess, but dangerous too.

why would the club want the Riverside to be condemned for? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

why would the club want the Riverside to be condemned for? 

Because certain people within the club feel that having fans and keeping them happy is not really very important. They also have some hair-brained schemes in mind.

One person wants it knocking down and replacing with a hotel with a  conference centre.

Another person wants another UCFB campus like at Burnley. This person believes that the council will back this idea and help fund it through grants if the club can basically blackmail them by letting the riverside rot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Because certain people within the club feel that having fans and keeping them happy is not really very important. They also have some hair-brained schemes in mind.

One person wants it knocking down and replacing with a hotel with a  conference centre.

Another person wants another UCFB campus like at Burnley. This person believes that the council will back this idea and help fund it through grants if the club can basically blackmail them by letting the riverside rot.

It's why the TV gantry was moved, long term view to have three working sides.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Thanks for the reply Miller11. 

I don't see how Blackburn need another hotel and conference centre.. 

Rovers should not let the Riverside stand rot at all but look to improve it and maybe created a standing area there. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see how Blackburn need another hotel and conference centre.. 

Rovers should not let the Riverside stand rot at all but look to improve it and maybe created a standing area there. 

Chaddy, you are in cloud cuckoo land. They will pay the bills, money launder, and have no interest in improving the club! Safe standing should be in the Blackburn End, It's the traditional singing end.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see how Blackburn need another hotel and conference centre 

The people running Premier Inn, Wetherspoons and Hampton by Hilton have a different view as all have spent money opening hotels in Blackburn in the last few years.

Are they wrong to do so?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Chaddy, you are in cloud cuckoo land. They will pay the bills, money launder, and have no interest in improving the club! Safe standing should be in the Blackburn End, It's the traditional singing end.

I wouldn't put a safe standing in the Blackburn End apart NO1 part

Just now, JHRover said:

The people running Premier Inn, Wetherspoons and Hampton by Hilton have a different view as all have spent money opening hotels in Blackburn in the last few years.

Are they wrong to do so?

And how much profit is being made by them? 

Mike Ashley came to the Hyndburn area and stay at the Dunkenhalgh hotel. Same with football team stayed there 

Of course there’s a market for a hotel just off the M65, as the proliferation of them over the last few years makes clear.

As Chaddy personally wouldn’t stay in a hotel around here, because it’s obviously where he already resides, he, as usual, struggles to realise others will…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't put a safe standing in the Blackburn End apart NO1 part

And how much profit is being made by them? 

Mike Ashley came to the Hyndburn area and stay at the Dunkenhalgh hotel. Same with football team stayed there 

So you are saying you would not put safe standing in the Blackburn end, except for in the Blackburn end .