BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The State of Ewood Park!

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mean it’s nonsense. We provide seats so everybody can stand up ? Where’s the logic there.

It's quite simple really, the rules state that the old style terraces are not allowed. You have to make the best of what the rules let you do. Logic very rarely comes into rule makers thoughts.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Back 10-12 rows of BBE and DE, or all of the side blocks and keep the middle seated.

End blocks of the Riverside wouldn't upset too many although might affect views from more central blocks.

NO1

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pointless exercise. What do you do if the guy in front of you wants  to stand up and you don’t ? Apart from planting him that is. 

Can't say I am big fan of standing up every game to be honest. I sit in No2 of the Blackburn End and I enjoyed my view from my seat. 

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd do the whole lower tier of the Blackburn End as terracing, people like chaddy can pop off back to the nuttal Street stand and clap away.👏   

100%

Wish we'd have had this when I used to go.

One of my fondest memories is dancing about at the very front of the Blackburn End as we hammered Bonleh 5-0.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

100%

Wish we'd have had this when I used to go.

One of my fondest memories is dancing about at the very front of the Blackburn End as we hammered Bonleh 5-0.

And if Rovers were to do this you would be upsetting a large portion of the Rovers season ticket holder based. Do you really want to make Season ticket sales less? 

You can make the NO1 part of Blackburn End standing and the rest can be standing. 

Would they be a huge demand for standing area from STH and single match day buyers?

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And if Rovers were to do this you would be upsetting a large portion of the Rovers season ticket holder based. Do you really want to make Season ticket sales less? 

You can make the NO1 part of Blackburn End standing and the rest can be standing. 

Would they be a huge demand for standing area from STH and single match day buyers?

In my opinion the answer to your last question, of would there be a demand for a safe standing area, is YES.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

At the end of the day Chaddy numerous clubs around the Football League have run extensive consultation periods with their supporters and the overwhelming response is that safe standing should be offered. It is for this reason the government has started to allow it and it has already been installed in several grounds.

Of course some people don't want to stand. I'm one of them. They don't have to, there will still be seats available.

Once again though Rovers getting left behind. Rivals consulting with their supporters, thinking carefully about it, actively pursuing it whilst all we get in the Fans Forum is Waggott claiming to look into it (Which in Waggott speak actually means nothing is happening) and some sob story about the cost.

I wonder if he's done a cost/benefit analysis of a potential increase in ticket sales and the benefits of safe standing to that? 

Of course he hasn't. Nothing will happen at Ewood because that requires money to be invested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

In my opinion the answer to your last question, of would there be a demand for a safe standing area, is YES.

I was going to asked what do think their numbers would be in favour of a safe standing area and where would be best stand/area for it? 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

At the end of the day Chaddy numerous clubs around the Football League have run extensive consultation periods with their supporters and the overwhelming response is that safe standing should be offered. It is for this reason the government has started to allow it and it has already been installed in several grounds.

Of course some people don't want to stand. I'm one of them. They don't have to, there will still be seats available.

Once again though Rovers getting left behind. Rivals consulting with their supporters, thinking carefully about it, actively pursuing it whilst all we get in the Fans Forum is Waggott claiming to look into it (Which in Waggott speak actually means nothing is happening) and some sob story about the cost.

I wonder if he's done a cost/benefit analysis of a potential increase in ticket sales and the benefits of safe standing to that? 

Of course he hasn't. Nothing will happen at Ewood because that requires money to be invested.

Rovers should have done an extensive consultation period on the safe standing and where would be best for it in past 18 months as I believe other clubs have done. 

The club has done great work within the community and bringing young people to games which should be applaud but Rovers and Waggott should have done more work and research in trying to get past season ticket holders back to the club and interested in the club. Rovers have the perfect opportunity to do this research between January 2021 to May 2021 whether it through questionnaires posted or send by email or even ringing people up. 

Rovers need more money investing in stadium whether its certain facilities fans want and the club. I think whether improving car parking facilities or building a pub on the land near the Jack Walker stand/Darwen end corner. Or having Music bands on after the game on Saturday. The food at Ewood Park needs massive improving and the cost of the current food and drinks is over priced and not good enough quality for the cost of it. Plus I would like to see a reduction on the cost of products within the club shop and make it more affordable for fans who are struggling financially. 

There is a number of changes and improvements that need to happen this summer and beyond. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was going to asked what do think their numbers would be in favour of a safe standing area and where would be best stand/area for it? 

Rovers should have done an extensive consultation period on the safe standing and where would be best for it in past 18 months as I believe other clubs have done. 

The club has done great work within the community and bringing young people to games which should be applaud but Rovers and Waggott should have done more work and research in trying to get past season ticket holders back to the club and interested in the club. Rovers have the perfect opportunity to do this research between January 2021 to May 2021 whether it through questionnaires posted or send by email or even ringing people up. 

Rovers need more money investing in stadium whether its certain facilities fans want and the club. I think whether improving car parking facilities or building a pub on the land near the Jack Walker stand/Darwen end corner. Or having Music bands on after the game on Saturday. The food at Ewood Park needs massive improving and the cost of the current food and drinks is over priced and not good enough quality for the cost of it. Plus I would like to see a reduction on the cost of products within the club shop and make it more affordable for fans who are struggling financially. 

There is a number of changes and improvements that need to happen this summer and beyond. 

I would say that initially there would be an uptake of about 1000 people for a safe standing area in NO1. It would all depend on price.

I'd be making the lower Darwen End standing.

No season ticket holders to upset for starters.

If the uptake isn't that great split it down the middle for away fans who pretty much want to stand regardless. The banter with away fans used to be decent although there's obviously more effort required from a stewarding/policing perspective which they won't like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Oh and I did notice the club tweeting about current vacancies, one being a maintenance operative. There's a few things listed in the job description that COULD in theory help make the place look a bit better....

Screenshot_20220328-060105_Drive.thumb.jpg.7f19e36929d9fd62bb9c1569a960ee99.jpg

Is there an advertisement for first team manager on there?

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think whether improving car parking facilities or building a pub on the land near the Jack Walker stand/Darwen end corner. Or having Music bands on after the game on Saturday.

There was a music band on in Blues Bar after the Bristol City game. If they build a pub where you suggest then that would be bad for car parking facilities. And it would compete with Blues which is already struggling. 

1 hour ago, Ben Frost said:

There was a music band on in Blues Bar after the Bristol City game. If they build a pub where you suggest then that would be bad for car parking facilities. And it would compete with Blues which is already struggling. 

Blues bar struggling could have something to do with pricing and service.

3 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

I didn't know about the music band was on. Didn't see any adverts but fair enough. 

Its was to work with Blues and give people different options. 

Blues bar is struggling cos of the cost of food and drinks and entry fee. People aren't going to keep paying high prices for poor quality food. How often is the blues bar open on non match days? 

Rovers could have bought and invest in the 3 pubs near the ground. Plus there is plenty of car parking facilities near the ground near the Empire theatre. They could have bought the Fox and Hounds pub, aqueduct in pub before it became a bike shop where you have served food like burgers, hot dog, chips, waffles, etc outside. They could have bought Fernhurst pub in years gone past. It would have increase revenue for the club on not match days and earn the club more money. 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Blues bar struggling could have something to do with pricing and service.

If the club make the food and drink more affordable then it would more busier and popular. 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't know about the music band was on. Didn't see any adverts but fair enough. 

Blues bar is struggling cos of the cost of food and drinks and entry fee. People aren't going to keep paying high prices for poor quality food. How often is the blues bar open on non match days? 

Rovers could have bought and invest in the 3 pubs near the ground. Plus there is plenty of car parking facilities near the ground near the Empire theatre. They could have bought the Fox and Hounds pub, aqueduct in pub before it became a bike shop where you have served food like burgers, hot dog, chips, waffles, etc outside. They could have bought Fernhurst pub in years gone past. It would have increase revenue for the club on not match days and earn the club more money. 

If the club make the food and drink more affordable then it would more busier and popular. 

You forgot the Albion.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

on the issue of food and drink,prices have gone up and quality has gone down,swag obviously thinks the people of blackburn are stupid and hav`nt  noticed,the service is a farce as well,the burger van parked in nuttall street is far superior and good value,the crux of the matter is nobody at ewood has the fainstest idea of how to run a football club and they certainly have a low opinion of the fans

• Like 1