BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm the same mate i'm more disillusioned today than even after the Fulham debacle because that was just one of those nights but they are a class side.

Today was just dire i cannot fathom how a team in our position can turn in such a lazy uninspired effortless shit show. And how the manager can just shrug his shoulders and brush it off after standing there with his hands in his pockets for 80 or the 90+ mins.

Non of them really wanted it today not one of them his blaze' dour attitude has finally rubbed off on this young usually energetic driven team.

Embarrassing but who does he answer to ?   No one and that's been the problem here for the past 3 seasons now, all too easy and too comfortable.  I'd rather the guy had fecked off after Fulham and we'd spent the rest of the season with a new guy consolidating ready to have a go next season. 

It is beyond disappointing but entirely predictable.

I think seeing tony parkes before the game and Tony Mowbray after it  just hit home how much the thing I fell in love with isn’t the same thing anymore and the thought it never will be broke something in me. I genuinely cried today seeing him on the pitch before the game 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think seeing tony parkes before the game and Tony Mowbray after it  just hit home how much the thing I fell in love with isn’t the same thing anymore and the thought it never will be broke something in me. I genuinely cried today seeing him on the pitch before the game 

It did for me as well having gone through it with my own dad i feel Natalie's pain. 

It was great seeing him loving being out there but at the same time it was worrying i kept thinking he was going to fall over. I think it had a bit of an effect on the crowd as well it was so quiet in the home stands. Of course the players didn't help that it just needed a tackle flying in or a few driving runs into the box to get the crowd into it.

Instead they mostly stood around looking at each other, dithered on the ball and seemed determined to gift Blackpool a goal.  

Possession bollocks when we should have been counter attacking because Blackpool came to have a go. We didn't need to draw them out, tactics all wrong yet again.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Same here, I know how you feel. It's the realisation that it has been and is, the same old crap just packaged up in a nicer and smarter way with Mowbray at the front of it that is infuriating.

If it was simply that Mowbray wasn't good enough but tried his best, I could accept that. But everything is compounded by the fact that he isn't interested in going up, isn't arsed about results, is arrogant on top of that and is insulting to the fans. I can't accept that, as I view that as him taking the piss out of us. That's why I mention him in the same sentence as Steve Kean.

Five seasons have been wasted under him and he has been given leeway by the fans due to the nice guy angle and him not being Kean or Coyle. He may well be in his private life, but he has behaved in a snide way as the Rovers manager, IMO.

The powerlessness of the whole situation is upsetting too as we have to just put up with. If I was in charge, and others may feel similarly in relation to themselves, I would fire Mowbray, Waggott and Venus on the spot tomorrow, no questions asked. These guys do not deserve to spend a minute longer at our football club.

I can't stand the thought of Rovers still being occupied by people who aren't interested in the club doing well, but are happy to ride the gravy and do favours for their mates. This is all while they fob us off with nonsense like "We're still fighting" and "exciting changes are coming". All made possible due to the inept owners. Utterly sick of this garbage.

If Mowbray and Waggott are still here next season, it's time for some banners to come out. They need telling.

Our clubs is supposed to represent us. Instead it mirrors society

At what point does your club stop being your club ?

because tonight I’m doing  some deep soul searching trying to justify why I do what i do and I’m scared of what the answers will be . I’m blue and white  through and through is starting to sound hollow even to someone with the badge tattooed to his chest.  This club and the generations of people it represents should always be ours and not one person can even tell us what half the board do, who they are, why they are here, what our goals are and aims are. 

it stinks and some demands need to be made as to what the fuck is going on from top to bottom because Tony shrugging his shoulders why our best kids leave for nothing and our debts spiral and training grounds disappear and all the other bollocks we have debated for thousands of pages is coming to a head . 

in five games time we don’t even know who the manager or any of the back room  team will be. If the guy we should ask will be here, who and what the guy above him does and if the owners know we still play football. 

I honestly despair

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

There were a few moist eyes round where I sit too. I thought back to the teams Tony played in and how he managed (and saved us) in his caretaker roles. It's so sad to see him like this but yesterday it was great to see him looking happy and enjoying the well deserved adulation.

A proper Rovers legend.

• Like 4

I’m with you arbito, I don’t think his appearance subdued the crowd at all, folk round me were loving it as his fists were pumping - the crap on the pitch after Tony left it is what deflated the support 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I forgot to add that a few in the JW Upper (yes the JW Upper) were trying to get 'Tony Parkes' Blue and White' army going which would have been nice for him had it caught on.

I know I found it strange nobody sang tony parkes blue and white army.

I tried to start tony tony take the job but that didn’t catch on either

edit. I’ve just realised why 😅

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

For most of my life Rovers was a club to be proud of. A club that had values, that stood for something and had people in it in various positions, be it the owners, people in the boardroom and manager's seat that truly cared. There was an honesty about the club and a will to win, even though other clubs had better players and bigger financial resources most of the time. The Rovers story was inspirational. A club that wasn't a big name who others would scoff at and not take seriously, only to be left stunned on more than one occasion. "Blackburn? Ha". I'm sure we've all heard that sort of remark before, only for Rovers to do the business leaving us beaming and those who dismissed us silently trudging off embarrassed. Spurs at Cardiff in 2002 is one example but there are many, many others. The ultimate one being the league title win in 1995. A life lesson that nothing is too much and that dreams can come true no matter what the arrogant and dismissive might tell you. A plucky underdog who could mix it with most. That was and is Rovers for me. All of the above values were lost the moment these owners walked through the door in 2010.

Due to age, I can't talk about what it was like in the 60's, 70's and 80's. However, from what I have heard and read the feeling was that everybody was in it together as the people at the club genuinely cared. There might not have been much money around, but the fans knew they cared. That was the biggest thing and is something which continued to be true up until 2010.

What we have today, and have had for almost 12 years is nothing short of a disgrace. Almost everything good about the club has been removed leaving us with a shell of a club. There is no accountability for performance or results, there are no standards to meet, no goals and no aims. Absolute no marks and chancers continue to ride the gravy train, while nobody cares about the success of the club except the fans and some of the players. It is a situation that people on the outside don't understand. "I thought Blackburn fans like the Venky's now" and "Mowbray's doing a great job" are just two examples of how things appear on the surface.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with Mowbray and how he has turned out to be. He was a left field appointment but very quickly there was a perception that he was a good guy and that he would bat for the fans. The owners are absolute tossers, but Tony's a good guy he'll see us right, he'll set them straight. That kind of vibe. His "this is Blackburn Rovers" comment resonated with me at the time as that's how I feel about the club and the standards that I hold it to. To realise years later that he was just telling us what we wanted to hear and that he doesn't believe it himself is painful. Add to that his insulting and at times arrogant comments, the lies, the favours, glossing over us being in 2nd, not caring about or wanting promotion, the stubborn tactics, shrugging off poor results constantly and trying to blame everybody but himself. None of that is befitting of a Blackburn Rovers manager. None of that meets the standards that I hold for this football club.

If any of the issues at Rovers were a natural consequence of us not being good enough, but there was an honest will to win, I could accept it. Relegation in 1999 was a natural consequence. There was nothing natural about 2012 and anything that has followed to this present day. There is nothing natural about the way we have thrown promotion away these last two months.

This is not a case of me being entitled or spoilt. This is about standards and ours couldn't be any lower. They are on the floor and need raising urgently. It is unacceptable for a Rovers manager to be so blase about results. It is unacceptable for a Rovers manager to not be bothered about promotion when it is in plain sight and when the fans are so desperate to see it happen. If he's not bothered despite us being 2nd in January, why would he be bothered next season or the season after that? To see him now try and pass it off on to the "young lads" who "can't handle the pressure" is even more galling. That is cowardly and not what I expect from a Rovers manager. All because his fragile ego has to come first. The disconnect between some of us and him is huge.

The whole lot of this garbage is only possible due to the sheer ineptitude of the owners and the crooks that lurk in the shadows. We need to go after the scum at the top to truly get the club back to how it was. It will be back, I believe that and so will the good times, but only when the entire poison has been removed.

Preach brother

i think we are if similar age and I couldn’t of written anything from my own heart as well as you have put that. 

in a nutshell that’s exactly one million percent bang on and how I feel

• Like 3

On 10/04/2022 at 01:15, SuperBrfc said:

If Mowbray and Waggott are still here next season, it's time for some banners to come out. They need telling.

It doesnt need banners send an email or letter into the club and outline your issues/views and ideas

• 1 year later...
  • Backroom

Useful when fit, but that was only roughly 30% of each season, so I can't say I'm bothered about this one. With his age, wages, injury record and questionable ability to fit into JDT's style of play it seems like the right decision to release.

• Like 2

A bloke thats a leader and offers experience in a squad seriously lacking it, pre match you would often see him talking things through with the other defenders etc.

But just like Boro fans said, he would disappear for months in winter, so ultimately not someone you can keep around on his wages.

22 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

If the list is correct it’s no wonder we let Hirst go in january

George Hirst £16,000...

"But we can't afford to spend money lots of money, even if he is an excellent player."

We can certainly afford to waste it.

I liked Ayala and thought he was our best defender when fit but his release comes no surprise to me. A big earner with injury issues isn't and good to us anymore as the wage bill is driven down. I also think there is an element of Tomasson wanting to build his own squad and neither Dack or Ayala fit what he wants.

There are echoes of last summer here when we lost three players for nothing (albeit two have not been offered terms) and my wider concern is still that Tomasson doesn't get the backing he wants and as importantly deserves.

Poveda on double figure wage contribution with no termination allowed even when injured, Hirst alleged 16k pwk loan this season ?

Somebody down there needs dangling by their balls all the way to the jobcenter.

Awful wastes of money on unproven kids.

• Like 2