BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

26 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Chris Samba was at Brockhall today.

I've no idea what he was there for but I wish he was still playing!

Total random aside for this thread but...

I loved Samba, but can't forgive him for ditching us mid relegation battle. We all know that the bald idiot shouldn't have been in charge. However, Samba could have played his heart out for the fans until the summer and then left.

P.S. He'd still be more use than Ayala

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Displaced Rover said:

I loved Samba, but can't forgive him for ditching us mid relegation battle. We all know that the bald idiot shouldn't have been in charge. However, Samba could have played his heart out for the fans until the summer and then left.

You're forgetting the club urgently needed 10 mill to pay Barclays and stave off admin.

That was probably the best option knowing what we know now but Big Chris was shunted to Russia by a super agent. Outside the domestic window but just in time to settle the debt.

I'm not sure he had a whole host of options by that point.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Along with the “ I saw Stuart Munro play “ tee shirt. Big money signing that played 1 game for us. I think he got Don McKay fired as a result.

As soon as the likes of Mike Newell wouldnt sign for him, McKay's days were numbered. Out of the three big money signings that close season ony Speedie could be considered as a marque signing, Munro and Agnew IMO weren't big enough for Uncle Jack at the time. Mackay didn't last long enough for their poor fitness record to be considered in the sacking decision, although Agnew signing already injured probably didn't help.  

20 hours ago, Mhead2 said:

Vince Grella....true legend.

Must get a "I saw Vince Grella play(25minutes)"

I have two memories of Grella playing. One Vs Boro home where he actually looked rather good. Can remember my Dad saying he's pretty good if he can stay fit. Sadly he never did. 

The other was Hull away where he injured himself taking a shot. That summed up his time with us completely. 

21 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Losing stars always hurts, but that one was really tough.

23 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Losing stars always hurts, but that one was really tough.

We had to sell him when we did - the £10m raised paid the players wages that period. Venkys couldn’t get funds raised in the UK due to bank of India saying nop. 

One of the many ridiculous situations at the time and probably now.

On 23/04/2021 at 17:28, blondie said:

Derek Fazackerley i

I would have like to see him in a coaching capacity at the club over the past 10/12 years. Sadly never happened despite all of his footballing and coaching experience. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

So, his investment players start scoring when the season is virtually over. And his marquee defenders are coming defender that we've waited 2 years for turns up for 15 mins in the last game.

Amazing stuff really the 'investors' must be so pleased.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would have like to see him in a coaching capacity at the club over the past 10/12 years. Sadly never happened despite all of his footballing and coaching experience. 

He was on the coaching staff , very briefly in the late 1990s , not sure what happened ...Joined up with Sven later on..