BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

Thought most of us thought on paper he was a good signing at the time. Boro fans said on his day he is one of the best CBs in the league. The hint was that most said he always gets injured around Xmas time - well fck me we have barely seen him. When he has played he hasnt been too bad - he just doesnt play.

Then, he really doesnt suit our style, so I question his recruitment. Surely this new fangled system requires somebody that can run and play a bit, ie a Tosin (who went for cheap to WBA). Has a bit of panic signing to it, or something to do with the Boro connection. 

• Like 1

Certainly a little dubious his signing , reminds me of the guy Coyle signed from Celtic ( I think ) he didn't want to sign for Rovers can't remember his name  ....Played the odd game and left after a season and relegation....Went back up Scotland ....

Me thinks the deal to Saudi got scuppered by Covid and he came here , will leave in summer by mutual consent ...Will end up in the Middle East next season....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mowbray recruited a known sicknote from his love Club.

He has never been our best CB and was unwanted by Warnock.

Mowbray is a liar and a conman. A disgrace to his profession.

Mowbray "I think the bigger picture for Daniel is to have a really, really strong pre-season, build up the robustness to get used to the intensity of the training at this football club and make sure he’s going to be available for a lot of games next season.”

Absolute cobblers. There is no chance of Ayala ever playing a lot of games for us. Never ever will this happen.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19233280.tony-mowbray-delivers-daniel-ayala-fitness-latest/

He said: “We’re missing our main centre half for the season who’s won promotion twice.

He’s played a handful of games.

Yeah, but he's won promotion twice. The obvious conclusion, and one which Tony wants us all to make, is that had he played we would have won promotion. Nothing could be simpler.

It is never Tony's fault and I will fight any man, woman or beast who tries to imply it is.

Clapton Tony is God. 

On 21/03/2021 at 08:39, JacknOry said:

Thought most of us thought on paper he was a good signing at the time. Boro fans said on his day he is one of the best CBs in the league. The hint was that most said he always gets injured around Xmas time - well fck me we have barely seen him. When he has played he hasnt been too bad - he just doesnt play.

Then, he really doesnt suit our style, so I question his recruitment. Surely this new fangled system requires somebody that can run and play a bit, ie a Tosin (who went for cheap to WBA). Has a bit of panic signing to it, or something to do with the Boro connection. 

Without meaning to be a pedant; Tosin went to Fulham and has been bang average. A good friend of mine is a Fulham fan and often moans about him. I agree he's excellent on the ball but not so good at what he's primarily in the side for.

IMHO in whatever system you play, you need your defenders to primarily defend. We should be playing a "quarter back" if we want to continue in this system - someone who drops deep to take the balls from the centre halves and starts to dictate the ball from deep

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19233280.tony-mowbray-delivers-daniel-ayala-fitness-latest/

He said: “We’re missing our main centre half for the season who’s won promotion twice.

Oh ,he's our main centre half now, is he? I wonder what our captain makes of that. Some label for a guy that we have barely seen play. In fact ,let's call it what it is, More Mowbray manure 

• Like 5

We actually lost what could be argued our other main center half in Williams not this sick note.

He's absolutely getting away with spouting crap again why isn't he asked directly why he signed him ?

Given, he hadn't played all year and then he went on record saying he wasn't suited to our style.

No way can i stomach this guy any longer he is literally winging his way to his pension. Proper clown.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Mowbray once again managing to insult, criticise or degrade multiple people or clubs in a single interview 

Suggests Ayala is our main CB. He isn't, never has been and likely never will be. What about Lenihan?

Includes a dig at Harwood Bellis suggesting we'd be much better off with Ayala playing rather than him.

Includes a dig at other clubs suggesting their training isn't as intense as ours. Might have a point yet he's got to the Prem with his last two clubs and both are well above us now so perhaps their training methods would be worth looking at.

• Like 5

He's just covering up and spinning the fact he's made another boo boo.

Similar stuff trotted out with the Brereton and Gallagher signings and we are still waiting for those to click.  Midway through next season he'll be suggesting Ayala is struggling due to relocating.

Full of shit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He's also only won promotion once. But I think we all know by now that Mowbray has an aversion to the facts.

Things to Come:

This time next season with Mowbray still in charge and Ayala having made half a dozen more appearances, having also taken his usual mid December to end January non-injury annual holiday, he will have become world class and if we'd had him the full season we wouldn't have been relegated by mid March 2022.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

On 15/04/2021 at 11:43, AllRoverAsia said:

Things to Come:

This time next season with Mowbray still in charge and Ayala having made half a dozen more appearances, having also taken his usual mid December to end January non-injury annual holiday, he will have become world class and if we'd had him the full season we wouldn't have been relegated by mid March 2022.

And because he has won promotion twice he has earned an extended contract.

On 15/04/2021 at 09:00, BigUts said:

Without meaning to be a pedant; Tosin went to Fulham and has been bang average. A good friend of mine is a Fulham fan and often moans about him. I agree he's excellent on the ball but not so good at what he's primarily in the side for.

IMHO in whatever system you play, you need your defenders to primarily defend. We should be playing a "quarter back" if we want to continue in this system - someone who drops deep to take the balls from the centre halves and starts to dictate the ball from deep

Tosin as a Libero in a back 3 might work.

Frees him up from his defensive duties (the other two CBs concentrate on that, he's free to sweep up anything with no man-marking duties) and allows him to carry the ball out of defence and join the midfield. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Tosin as a Libero in a back 3 might work.

Frees him up from his defensive duties (the other two CBs concentrate on that, he's free to sweep up anything with no man-marking duties) and allows him to carry the ball out of defence and join the midfield. 

Yes I could see that. Some modern centre halves see defending as a bit of a chore, he’s one of them. I prefer centre halves who love defending.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Anyone remember Ayala?

Grellayala ... ?

To be fair to Vince on the 3 occasions he was actually well enough to play throughout his contract he put a shift in.

This guy though looked like he'd rather have been somewhere warm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Grellayala ... ?

To be fair to Vince on the 3 occasions he was actually well enough to play throughout his contract he put a shift in.

This guy though looked like he'd rather have been somewhere warm.

I was just reading about Vince Grella on Wikipedia to see how many games he did manage for Rovers. He had terrible luck with injuries.

He went off injured at half time on his debut - and then was out for month.

He managed 29 league starts in 4 years - including just 4 in his last 2 years at the club (none of those 4 he completed the 90 minutes).

Then went to Melbourne City - signing a one year deal. It took him 3 months to make his debut - coming on as a sub. He got injured in that substitute appearance and retired 2 days later.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Chris Samba was at Brockhall today.

I've no idea what he was there for but I wish he was still playing!

Be careful he could be next seasons Wes Brown if the summer plays out like that one did.