BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DANIEL AYALA

Neal

39 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Maybe a bit of confirmation bias? Really not sure about your dishonesty line re the Boro connection here. We can all be frustrated by performances and decisions, but I think Tony deserves more respect.

He is not Steve Kean!

Leonard......apart from my glaring error of Wearside for Teeside.....I’m not sure where the dishonesty is ??.....I haven’t mentioned dishonesty in any way......just poor judgement in the circumstances we found ourselves .

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Leonard......apart from my glaring error of Wearside for Teeside.....I’m not sure where the dishonesty is ??.....I haven’t mentioned dishonesty in any way......just poor judgement in the circumstances we found ourselves .

OK, sorry. I am happy to take it back. (I would have let the Wearside/Teeside thing go!)

I admit that read "love of Boro best" as putting Boro connections ahead of the interests of Blackburn Rovers, his employers..

But that is probably because there is so much on here (posted by others-not yourself) around TM's pension pot, the Pears' Dad context for the that signing and keeping his Boro mates happy etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk

More guff from Mowbray in what is clearly an arse covering interview. He blames the way we play for Ayala's injuries and yet two of his injuries have happened in training, one of them actually warming up. Its not like his injury record at Boro was any good despite the way they played (in Mowbrays parallel universe that is). That alone should have been the deterrent here but we give him a three year deal committing the club to several million quid in the process.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

More guff from Mowbray in what is clearly an arse covering interview. He blames the way we play for Ayala's injuries and yet two of his injuries have happened in training, one of them actually warming up. Its not like his injury record at Boro was any good despite the way they played (in Mowbrays parallel universe that is). That alone should have been the deterrent here but we give him a three year deal committing the club to several million quid in the process.

I thought we took the more scientific approach to transfers these days. Surely data would have shown that Ayala does not run much and would therefore not fit into the way we play? 

Complete guff as you say.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t realise it was that taxing being a centre half here, you get to spend most of the game watching it being passed around our midfield...

Yes but Mowbray has the answer - he is going to get his 'meterage' (which is nothing to do with distance) up.

I worked in boro and every man and his dog knew Ayla never plays between Christmas and April. I’ve not looked at any stats and I’m merely relaying the general opinion.

I also assume Mowbray will have known the style we were going to play and made Ayala his player of choice irrespective of a poor injury record.

Like or loathe Mowbray he is guilty in this case of poor decision making

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Basically admitting he bought and played an unfit player.

We knew that Mowbray.

Now Ayala is on a Journey - it will end badly.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Basically admitting he bought and played an unfit player.

We knew that Mowbray.

Now Ayala is on a Journey - it will end badly.

He's also admitting that he caused more serious injury to Ayala by playing him 3 times in a week when he wasn't fit. Seems to be a pattern here...one that Dack can be included in. Mowbray needs to be fucked off pronto, if only for the safety of the players. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I wonder what prompted this sudden need to inform the fans of Ayala's condition after all this time. Surely he wasn't getting his excuses in on the back of Nixon recently alluding to the fact the Venksters weren't impressed with Mowbray signing a known crock? I wouldn't believe honest Tony to be so cynical.  

Anyway, Tony's quick to point out in the article that he's learned the lessons so it's all sorted!

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 4

The worst bit about it is he signed yet ANOTHER player who doesn't fit the way he wants to play. 

This one being a 30+ center back who's been around the bloc and under different managers at Boro, never mind anywhere else.  Honestly anyone now still swallowing his bullshit needs a good talking to in the corner of a room.

What a W##### !

• Like 4

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't even think Ayala suits the way TM wants to play.  Full backs push up with Mowbray and with 1 holding midfielder our CBs must have some sort of pace to their running ability.  He is slow cumbersome and does not go out to protect the flanks as he knows he will not make it and his lack of pace will leave the area behind him exposed.  He was a strnge signing, with a more traditional back 4 and less forward thinking full-backs he would be fine, but never in a million years does he replace the attributes we lost when Adibaryo went back to City.  Strange signing and from Boro to boot, not saying anymore...  Pears

The signing of Daniel Ayala on a 3 year deal is bad management and to be total honest it stinks ..

When the guy walks on to the training pitch and seconds later complains about is calf muscle and walks off..Even a 12 month deal you would at least be looking at cutting your losses with him ,but another 2 years on the books potentialy is criminal ..

Good point about having traditional full backs that's something else we've needed for years. 

The style he's installed doesn't get the best out of hardly any of the guys in this squad. That's been the main argument all season for me and it's just a responsible for our poor results and league position as anything else.

Early season i honestly thought we'd be in for a win one lose type year where we'd doff out some beating but have to take some on the chin as well.  Pretty certain that even if we hadn't got to the top 6 that way we'd be in a bit better position now.

It would've drawn its critics but it would have been far more interesting. At least it would have looked like they were having a go not just protecting the status quo.

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Good point about having traditional full backs that's something else we've needed for years. 

The style he's installed doesn't get the best out of hardly any of the guys in this squad. That's been the main argument all season for me and it's just a responsible for our poor results and league position as anything else.

Early season i honestly thought we'd be in for a win one lose type year where we'd doff out some beating but have to take some on the chin as well.  Pretty certain that even if we hadn't got to the top 6 that way we'd be in a bit better position now.

It would've drawn its critics but it would have been far more interesting. At least it would have looked like they were having a go not just protecting the status quo.

If they did that we'd be, Rocking all over the world.

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

I'll don my tin hat. I thought he was a good signing at the time, but even after seeing him play, I haven't seen anything that makes me think it was worthwhile. I bet he's one of the highest-paid at the club. We were Ayala's second choice (at-best) behind some club in the Middle £a$t, weren't we?

I'd be interested to find out why that fell through then he ended up here after turning us down.

• Like 1