BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

1 minute ago, Ben-2000 said:

Has there been any progress on the arrangements for the B*rnley game?

I'm aware that there won't be the usual overkill of closed blocks in the home area's this time, but wondered if any other info had come to light during the fan meetings with the club/authorities.

Because of the FA cup sixth round, the date hasn't been finalised yet.

Why wouldn’t there be closed off blocks in the home areas this time?

We obviously aren’t going to be having 23,000 home fans in when it’s a £30-£35 Sky game, so my presumption would be the end blocks of the Riverside and JW would be netted off (obviously it’s all a massive overkill and unnecessary but that’s a different issue).

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why wouldn’t there be closed off blocks in the home areas this time?

We obviously aren’t going to be having 23,000 home fans in when it’s a £30-£35 Sky game, so my presumption would be the end blocks of the Riverside and JW would be netted off (obviously it’s all a massive overkill and unnecessary but that’s a different issue).

Apparently there will be sufficient netted off area's in the Darwen End, along with the existing small block in the JW which has the Venky sign on it.

Which is good news for ST holders in those end blocks who have been affected in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the place for Fans Forum queries or news?

From a little bit of checking there appears to be a meeting scheduled for next Monday the 13th March.

Might anyone have a view on what might be the overriding and biggest question that requires answering?

I would suggest that above all other matters, which might very well be important to supporters (club shop, ticketing news, Burnley match, pitch), perhaps be put aside in favour of honest answers and actions planned in light of the abject disaster that was Rover's January transfer deadline debacle.

Including probing questions as to whether the Chief Executive considers whether his decision to be in Birmingham was a correct one and if he agrees that this was a mistake what consequences there might be. If he disagrees, then does he still have full confidence in his Club Operations team?

Apologises if the Fans Forum members already have a concerted and formulated plan as to seeking answers to what must surely be one of the most serious matters appertaining to Blackburn Rovers operations. If any such forum members might feel inclined to share whether they feel equally that this is important and indeed what actions they might have ahead of next Monday's meeting, that would be appreciated.

• Like 2

I have finished the minutes and they should be out on the website on Thursday. In answer to the posts above (which I did not see before the meeting but no matter as we had it covered), Gregg Broughton came as planned and we had a long discussion about the transfer window and plenty more about his role.

I will answer on one point above though - should we get to the FA Cup semi final there will be merchandise to buy, albeit obviously not replica shirts.

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I have finished the minutes and they should be out on the website on Thursday. In answer to the posts above (which I did not see before the meeting but no matter as we had it covered), Gregg Broughton came as planned and we had a long discussion about the transfer window and plenty more about his role.

I will answer on one point above though - should we get to the FA Cup semi final there will be merchandise to buy, albeit obviously not replica shirts.

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

Anyone set to take the fall? E.g. Waggot?

The minutes are now out, this was worrying regarding season ticket prices:

There was a lot of consideration of price rises and some encouragement to use the Riverside Stand as a cheaper lead in to recognize the financial pressures that many fans had.

Are we to expect even further rises in the Jack Walker stand and Blackburn end?

• Like 1

Well as we all know its about meeting targets, numbers through the gate is less of a priority. They'll know how many will renew no matter what and price it accordingly rather than taking any risks of trying to gain new/lapsed supporters.

Yes there have been ticket promotions recently, but that's only because they have met their income targets for the season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hopefully something has been lost in translation, but please don’t tell me that the forum were actually *encouraging* the club to introduce another price hike as long as the Riverside was a bit cheaper?

So just to recap on season tickets we are now over 5 months on from Waggott's claim that plans were well underway with an intention to release earlier than in previous years.

We are 'pretty much' there but awaiting owners sign off and now talking about Easter release.

Also seem to be canvassing opinions on using the Riverside as a cheaper option (what a groundbreaking idea - didn't Waggott get rid of just that very thing?)

They're just playing for time. No intention of releasing or pushing STs. Just do it last minute and squeeze the 8000 for as much as you can get.

• Like 2

Another Fans Forum and I'm feeling underwhelmed again, apart from GB''s honest deadline day fiasco what have we learnt?

Season Ticket sales is of massive importance, do members not grill the club on this issue, or are the minutes watered down to suit the club.

Edited by damo100
  • Like 1