BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They must have started re opening them as in the first couple of games they wasnt open and the concourses were particularly over crowded. 

The doors of the Blackburn end have been opened at half-time for a couple of seasons. Including all home games this season, if my memory serves me right.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

There was definitely a couple of games earlier this season where they werent which I found odd.

Unless it was the cup game against Walsall, which I didn't attend, I cant think of any league games that the doors weren't open at half-time, in the Blackburn end.

Edited by rigger

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's still better than paying 37 or 39 or whatever they fleece people.

They have 7 different category's for ticket prices.

They charged Milwall £27 recently and are charging Leicester £30 on Wednesday.

I don't believe for a second we have agreed a "reciprocal" deal with them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

They have 7 different category's for ticket prices.

They charged Milwall £27 recently and are charging Leicester £30 on Wednesday.

I don't believe for a second we have agreed a "reciprocal" deal with them.

For the above games home fans who weren't members were charged the prices you quote for the Kop which is the equivalent of the Leppings Lane where we are (the local derby against Rotherham was £27 too). My understanding is that they are not allowed to charge away fans more unless there is an offer. I too don't believe there has been a reciprocal deal rather Waggott has tried to hoodwink the fans once again.

13 hours ago, rigger said:

Unless it was the cup game against Walsall, which I didn't attend, I cant think of any league games that the doors weren't open at half-time, in the Blackburn end.

I’ve been out at half time every game this season. League games in the Riverside, cup games in the Jack Walker.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

For the above games home fans who weren't members were charged the prices you quote for the Kop which is the equivalent of the Leppings Lane where we are (the local derby against Rotherham was £27 too). My understanding is that they are not allowed to charge away fans more unless there is an offer. I too don't believe there has been a reciprocal deal rather Waggott has tried to hoodwink the fans once again.

The only reciprocal deal, is that both clubs have agreed to rip-off the fans.

50 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Safe standing mentioned again. Another questionnaire on the road to nowhere. It was chaos in NO1 at the Preston game. 

I have to say (as I have before), I really don't see the appeal of standing at matches.

I'm not old enough to remember it, with seating being all that I've known - as well as having young kids with me / to keep safe.
But I just don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I have to say (as I have before), I really don't see the appeal of standing at matches.

I'm not old enough to remember it, with seating being all that I've known - as well as having young kids with me / to keep safe.
But I just don't get it.

Get a ticket in the seated area. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andy said:

But I just don't get it.

Not another victim of social engineering surely....  🙂

3 hours ago, Andy said:

But I just don't get it.

There are lots of people who don't want to stand at games and a lot who do. Surely it makes sense to set up an area where those that do can stand and those that want to sit are much less likely to have people standing around them.

• Like 2

It's funny how following Rovers back in the day there were always more people on the terraces than in the seating at all home and away matches.

Would probably be the opposite of that now if people had the choice because of the conditioning of the last 30 years.

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Where have you heard/ seen this?

A combination of reading between the lines in the minutes and also the LT reporter's summary - the implication is that the issues may be coming to a conclusion, hopefully.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not another victim of social engineering surely....  🙂

Or just my personal preference, as it is for those who would like to stand up at a match 👍

It's alien to me, but clearly a section of people have a desire to do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

A combination of reading between the lines in the minutes and also the LT reporter's summary - the implication is that the issues may be coming to a conclusion, hopefully.

A couple of reliable sources there.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

I find it odd they are inviting fans views on safe standing when they've made it perfectly clear they won't be incurring what they see as unnecessary additional expense in installing such a thing.

A bit like when they recently invited fans to offer their views on kits for the next couple of years I wonder how much of this is actually going anywhere and how much is just them wanting to appear to be taking fans' views on board.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Or just my personal preference, as it is for those who would like to stand up at a match 👍

It's alien to me, but clearly a section of people have a desire to do it.

Preferences are just that and were around at most grounds pre all seater.

The bit that i was referring to was 'I just don't get it' which implies there is something odd about it.  Yet football support from its very roots was centred around fans standing at games and being able to move around freely. It was mostly civilised as well before social problems in post war generations began to creep onto the terraces.

A lot of us do get it and plenty younger ones can't wait to try it although personally i think things are so sterile now it'll be a minority.

Probably not worth ripping out half a stand and spending a fortune converting it to terrace.

However those who experienced the BBE terrace or saw the Kops at Anfield or even those at Sheffield and Bradford or the side terrace at Huddersfield and that lot on the dark side will know what it's all about.

Lost era though, gone forever.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I find it odd they are inviting fans views on safe standing when they've made it perfectly clear they won't be incurring what they see as unnecessary additional expense in installing such a thing.

A bit like when they recently invited fans to offer their views on kits for the next couple of years I wonder how much of this is actually going anywhere and how much is just them wanting to appear to be taking fans' views on board.

The club aren't asking for fans' views. It was fans who raised this with the club and who wrote the questionnaire. It was actually Mike Graham who wrote the it, which was amended both by other fans and by the club, who made a couple of very sensible amendments. They put it out because it's easier for them to get to more fans quickly than it is for us.

Financing is clearly going to be an issue but I was surprised by how positively the club have engaged with us - they had given it quite a bit of thought and had suggestions for us as to practical areas when we met. Safe standing seats don't cost a fortune, around £80 a seat and right now we are looking at a relatively small number being converted.

I can't be absolutely sure about future kits but I am reasonably confident that you will see where the fan input went when they are introduced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

The club aren't asking for fans' views. It was fans who raised this with the club and who wrote the questionnaire. It was actually Mike Graham who wrote the it, which was amended both by other fans and by the club, who made a couple of very sensible amendments. They put it out because it's easier for them to get to more fans quickly than it is for us.

Financing is clearly going to be an issue but I was surprised by how positively the club have engaged with us - they had given it quite a bit of thought and had suggestions for us as to practical areas when we met. Safe standing seats don't cost a fortune, around £80 a seat and right now we are looking at a relatively small number being converted.

I can't be absolutely sure about future kits but I am reasonably confident that you will see where the fan input went when they are introduced.

In the bin like it always does no doubt.

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

In the bin like it always does no doubt.

Sorry but that is absolute tosh.  The Club have meaningfully engaged with us.  It is a fan led proposal the same as the ‘Fans Takeover’ for the Watford game.  The Club 100% want Safe Standing; this is consultation to find the view of the fans.  The main issues are: do the fans want it; where will it go; consultation with existing ST holders*; and paying for it.

The positive thing is that the Club are meaningfully engaging with ‘We Are The Rovers’ and the Fans Forum.  We are starting to make a difference and personally I will grab every opportunity to make Ewood a more exciting and enjoyable place to attend for all fans and our local communities.

When it comes to the shirt design consultation they have listened….watch this space when next seasons shirts are released.

* the survey was structured so we can have an idea from existing ST holders who respond whether they support Safe Standing or not.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Safe standing mentioned again. Another questionnaire on the road to nowhere. It was chaos in NO1 at the Preston game. 

It did look a mess at that game; that is one of the reasons why the Club and the Ground Safety Committee want Safe Standing.  It is far safer to stand with rail seating than with seats.  Chelsea away was a good example of that.

I can assure you this is not a meaningless consultation; if that were the case I would not have wasted my time writing the survey as O2G has referred to.

May I suggest that supporters engage with the consultation whatever your views.  Thank you.

• Like 1