BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This would be unthinkable at any other Football League club. I include Accy Stanley in that who I can't believe would plunge to such depths.

I am going to try to persuade every season ticket holder I know not to renew next season.

• Like 1

Not that long ago we were winning the League at Anfield, we were a better side than them, and even in the early years of this rotten regime we were playing them with regularity and beating them at Ewood. 

Fast forward a decade and I'm trying to imagine just how little pride or care there is rattling around down there to accept, support, welcome, even just tolerate hosting an event celebrating the 'legends' of what was until recently a rival. 

Even if we were a perennial League Two club it is simply something you 'don't do' in the world of English football and such a historic footballing region as this. 

It really is sickening. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not that long ago we were winning the League at Anfield, we were a better side than them, and even in the early years of this rotten regime we were playing them with regularity and beating them at Ewood. 

Fast forward a decade and I'm trying to imagine just how little pride or care there is rattling around down there to accept, support, welcome, even just tolerate hosting an event celebrating the 'legends' of what was until recently a rival. 

Even if we were a perennial League Two club it is simply something you 'don't do' in the world of English football and such a historic footballing region as this. 

It really is sickening. 

Exactly. Remember Benjani running riot against them, with the odious one sat in our dugout. Amongst other moments where we not only competed with them, but hurt them too. Who can forget Tugay making Gerrard look silly before cutting them open for Benni's goal?

This is shameless, absolutely shameless. That word sums up the whole operation though. Anything for a quick buck. Doesn't matter how it looks or sounds to our fan base, or the football world, let's keep Liverpool sweet so we can keep on loaning a kid or two off them.

I don't think ANY other club in all four Divisions would stoop this low. There's something called self respect, which prevents them from doing so. No such thing here though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Exactly. Remember Benjani running riot against them, with the odious one sat in our dugout. Amongst other moments where we not only competed with them, but hurt them too. Who can forget Tugay making Gerrard look silly before cutting them open for Benni's goal?

This is shameless, absolutely shameless. That word sums up the whole operation though. Anything for a quick buck. Doesn't matter how it looks or sounds to our fan base, or the football world, let's keep Liverpool sweet so we can keep on loaning a kid or two off them.

I don't think ANY other club in all four Divisions would stoop this low. There's something called self respect, which prevents them from doing so. No such thing here though.

As long as the agents palms are kept greased and there's somewhere to write a bit of cash off the books that's all that matters at this club.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2024 at 11:37, Mattyblue said:

https://www.superstarspeakers.co.uk/event-details/an-evening-with-liverpool-legends-blackburn-29th-february-2024

’Liverpool legends night comes to Blackburn’

I’m thinking ‘’load of plastic Scousers at King George’s Hall, pathetic”… clicks link, no it’s at Ewood, of course it is.

The ‘Head of Consumer’ obviously knows what plenty of locals want to consume , I suppose… but so small time I’m still cringing.

When I moaned a while back on here that the club should find ways to make money rather than just save money, I didn't think I needed to explain we shouldn't welcome other clubs "legends" to our ground for an evening.

For the purposes of absolute clarity I don't want to see an evening for "Burnley legends" to raise money hosting the event!

36 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Have they really removed everything Rovers related from the Blue's Bar?

Not everything, there’s an odd nod to the club left (which is good of them), but nothing like the wall to wall merchandise it was before.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not everything, there’s an odd nod to the club left (which is good of them), but nothing like the wall to wall merchandise it was before.

Josh tweeted earlier that stuff had been removed over the weekend, just seems very odd 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

Josh tweeted earlier that stuff had been removed over the weekend, just seems very odd 

There wasn’t much left to start with.

What the fuck is going on down there? A football club that seems to be actively washing its hands of its own supporters and heritage.

Edited by Mattyblue

All the pictures in blues bar came down and the walls were painted magnolia a couple of years ago. I may be wrong but I think it coincides with when Sodexo took over the running of the place. There is the odd picture on the wall including one of Mowbray and one of Elton John, but the murals have been gone ages. How long they have been sat at the back of the Riverside I can’t say.

Piss poor do whichever way you slice it. Why would Sodexho care about Rovers merchandise on the wall one way or another?

They run the Premier Suite too and they haven’t magnolia-ed that (yet).

Edited by Mattyblue

15 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

All the pictures in blues bar came down and the walls were painted magnolia a couple of years ago. I may be wrong but I think it coincides with when Sodexo took over the running of the place. There is the odd picture on the wall including one of Mowbray and one of Elton John, but the murals have been gone ages. How long they have been sat at the back of the Riverside I can’t say.

It’s not really the point - the point is the additional ones have been removed to make the space more acceptable for Liverpool Legends events. Which is utterly fucking bonkers and undermines all the hard work people have done to get local people back involved in the club. 

• Like 2

Just more psychological warfare against the fanbase. 

Remove any and all reminders of what this club was and reaffirm the glory days of the gurning chump and Elton John played here once.

Pretty soon the mention of Shearer or Jack Walker or Souness or Friedel will be met with a response of "who's he when he's at home?" by some glazed eyed 'supporter' decked out in their Totally Wicked Rovers shirt complete with the venkys logo tattoo on thier chest.

Their tactics really are quite transparent and predictable. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s not really the point - the point is the additional ones have been removed to make the space more acceptable for Liverpool Legends events. Which is utterly fucking bonkers and undermines all the hard work people have done to get local people back involved in the club. 

If photos of Blackburn Rovers legends are unacceptable for an event then Ewood isn’t the place to host that event.

What on earth goes through the minds of these people??!!

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

Which are the additional murals that have been removed for the Liverpool event please?  As far as I can see, I could be incorrect, the murals stuffed into the back of the Riverside were removed pre lockdown and no more have been removed; a better use would be to have relocated them on the concourses.  The DE has numerous murals stored in the office space and I have previously asked for them to go on permanent display various home concourses.

The issue of the Liverpool Legends embarrassment will be raised this Wednesday evening.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

Which are the additional murals that have been removed for the Liverpool event please?  As far as I can see, I could be incorrect, the murals stuffed into the back of the Riverside were removed pre lockdown and no more have been removed; a better use would be to have relocated them on the concourses.  The DE has numerous murals stored in the office space and I have previously asked for them to go on permanent display various home concourses.

The issue of the Liverpool Legends embarrassment will be raised this Wednesday evening.

I’ve no idea the dates when the imagery was taken down - other than believing what Duncan has stated, some were taken down pre COVID and there was some additional imagery that may or may not have been taken down more recently.

Let’s look at it a different way: If the murals haven’t been taken down to facilitate Liverpool Legends Evenings, why have they been taken down? They were in perfectly good condition and whoever has taken them down has been paid to do so. We’re in financial armageddon, who has approved that cost? 

Let me guess… “It was Sodexo, we had nothing to do with it!” well when that comes up, can we please ask:

1) What gives Sodexo authority to just take down the imagery and repaint Blues? 

2) Do we think painting it magnolia has improved the experience for Rovers fans? 

I was always under the impression that Blues Bar was separate to the other hospitality facilities - Premier Suite, Red Rose Suite, Jack's Kitchen - in that it was still under the control and management of the Club whereas Sodexo control the rest and also the catering kiosks around the ground. 

I think this is why there is a fee to get into the Blues Bar, why their choice of beverages is wider than the other bars and why certain promotions apply in the Sodexo ones but not Blues Bar

I might be wrong on that or it might have changed more recently.

Either way of course it is another example of the club washing its hands of any responsibility and farming it out to a third party like they've done with everything else, or if it is still under the club's control it shows just how little pride there is down there, they'd sooner the place be a bland neutral venue than one that reflects our great history that this rabble are wrecking.

2 minutes ago, Mike Graham said:

The organiser’s terms and conditions allow for a venue change so perhaps you could suggest they do just that…

‘Venue changes. In the event that the venue has to be changed then this will be in accordance with Superstar Speakers policy of within 10 Miles, meaning the replacement venue will be within 10 miles of the original event’

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve no idea the dates when the imagery was taken down - other than believing what Duncan has stated, some were taken down pre COVID and there was some additional imagery that may or may not have been taken down more recently.

Let’s look at it a different way: If the murals haven’t been taken down to facilitate Liverpool Legends Evenings, why have they been taken down? They were in perfectly good condition and whoever has taken them down has been paid to do so. We’re in financial armageddon, who has approved that cost? 

As far as I know the murals were taken down about 4 years ago, not for the Liverpool event.  I am not defending it just trying to deal with facts.