BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

15 minutes ago, alcd said:

Don't agree that Pukkis first goal was unavoidable. He was allowed to wander into space completely unmarked. Where was his marker Lenihan? Not even in camera shot. The second goal resulted from Lenihan fluffing a simple headed clearance then getting done for pace far too easily. 

Calling Pukkis movement to get that shot off "wandering into space" does a huge disservice to what he did. It was all super quick. That's why he scores so many at this level. 

Ya, Lenihan has had a few stinkers this season and he has put his hands up. We had bodies back though, it was a deflected shot really, through many bodies. He won 9 aerial duels against Millwall. His pace is what it is, I wouldn't say he is slow, it's just the other player was quicker on this occasion. To say he was "outpaced too easily" suggests he could have done something about it. In certain situations it just literally comes down to raw pace. What I have noticed with Ayala is his positioning is a lot cuter than Lenihan and Williams. I suppose neither of them have always played centre half. If they don't learn it quick, they wil struggle to stay at this level, because now they rely on physical attributes a lot. I think Williams is actually learning faster to be honest. 

I wonder has the captaincy affected Lenihan? Or maybe to many wake ups at night time! 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

When you start believing that deflections go against us more often than not, it is clutching at straws, such an observation is totally baseless and nothing to do with hard luck across the course of a season. Against both Millwall and Brentford, we benefitted hugely from late deflected goals, within the last 4 games.

Well it's based off watching the games. Maybe it's biased, but I would be interested to see the stats.

Anyway, it's irrelevant as I'm not using it as an excuse, just making an observation. 

40 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Having taken a look at the first goal again it’s Williams the culprit for me as he was the only defender who had eyes on him before he made his run. Gallagher already had a man to mark, so Pukki appearing ahead of him gave him an impossible task. Williams hadn’t moved at all.

5C9C28F0-A722-4334-ACA6-9069CF5B7E0F.jpeg

40CDF253-1B72-4CF7-BDFE-5461ED82A1F4.jpeg

Ya why are people saying Lenihan was marking him? 

It is criminal giving Pukki that much space, whoever was meant to be marking him. That's why I asked was in zonal ,cos I can't make out who it was meant to be. 

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya why are people saying Lenihan was marking him? 

It is criminal giving Pukki that much space, whoever was meant to be marking him. That's why I asked was in zonal ,cos I can't make out who it was meant to be. 

Going back to the original corner, there’s no doubt he was Williams’ man

83C75165-EA66-4F2A-8877-B7581F4C0BD0.jpeg

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I hate that zonal shite. I have no idea how it's beneficial. With the man marking though, as you allude to, you've got to actually do it like your life depends on it. I wonder do players ,let alone forwards find it beneath them. The art of defending in general is dying. Not being helped by the authorities to be fair. 

Exactly, what happens if two players run into your zone ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah we would probably agree with many things in person. It's weird online at times.

On the first point, ya well if he can't get this team into the play offs, then that's it for me. There are no mitigating factors. I just don't like when people insult him and question his integrity. I think overall he has been very,very good for the football club following some dark days. Actually feel like a normal club now. He does some bizzare stuff ,but I think the ground work he has put in,if not for him,will help whoever replaces him. Both with players at the club and fees received for players. People should not minimise that, even when it is frustrating to always seem to get so close, but yet so far. 

Ya, I hear ya,but it's such a gamble replacing a manager. Even guys ya think might do well,let alone what Venkys might pull out of the bag. Personally and I know this probably sounds mental, I would get Roy Keane in til the end of the year. I think that would suit both parties. I just feel the payers we have would respond to him and we would have that nasty/ruthless side that I think let's Mowbray down. 

Roy Keane would scare the absolute shite out of this lot after Mowbray's lemon drizzle approach. They wouldn't know what'd hit them! Actually on that, despite believing a better manager would get more out of this group, I do also think the players get off lightly vs Mowbray 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Exactly, what happens if two players run into your zone ?

You know what actually, I bet if you had world class defenders it could work, cos they would literally just win what comes into their zone, regardless of how may opponents are there. I'm talking like Cannavaro and Nesta like 

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh I know, ultimately it's pretty much the same thing when it comes to deliverables, but it is progression and would probably make us a more attractive proposition for out of work managers. 

Even if they do "bail out" we will get good money for them. Going off recent history, they are willing to spend a bit,even whilst bringing in practically nothing in fees. 

Re your second paragraph. That's one way of looking at it and in certain circumstances not an unreasonable one. That's more or less what Brentford have done. Sell your better players for big money and hopefully get good replacements at half the price. A lot is riding on your recruitment team though,

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Roy Keane would scare the absolute shite out of this lot after Mowbray's lemon drizzle approach. They wouldn't know what'd hit them! Actually on that, despite believing a better manager would get more out of this group, I do also think the players get off lightly vs Mowbray 

Oh I totally agree.He trusts them to self motovate, which is risky with players on thousands a week. Whereas Keane would basically try and control that, along with other things 

I'm not doubting this team are motivated though, we have some good pros, but it comes down to deep down how badly do you want it? Do you want it more than 6 other teams. There is some issue anyway. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You know what actually, I bet if you had world class defenders it could work, cos they would literally just win what comes into their zone, regardless of how may opponents are there. I'm talking like Cannavaro and Nesta like 

Problem solved, lets sign the world's two best centre halves and we can forget all about miss matched mark ups at corners. 

On 12/12/2020 at 15:09, Exiled_Rover said:

How do I like a post on this new system?

On 12/12/2020 at 15:10, Dolly blue said:

I would like to ask the same question 😊

On 12/12/2020 at 15:22, K-Hod said:

On the very right of the box where you’ve got the + symbol and quote. It’s invisible, but hover over it and you get the option.

After the message board has been upgraded, and if there are differences that cause a lot of people trouble, why not explain in Forums; Help Zone. I note that in Help Zone there doesn't seem to have been much activity of late. 

3 minutes ago, bazza said:

After the message board has been upgraded, and if there are differences that cause a lot of people trouble, why not explain in Forums; Help Zone. I note that in Help Zone there doesn't seem to have been much activity of late. 

I still can’t like posts, I use my mobile not a computer so I can’t hover over anything 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I still can’t like posts, I use my mobile not a computer so I can’t hover over anything 

If you tap where the 'like' button would normally be it should appear. It does on my phone anyway!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

If you tap where the 'like' button would normally be it should appear. It does on my phone anyway!

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tap the bottom right hand corner of the post opposite the quote button

Thanks folks. My point is that this discussion should be in a separate help thread and not in Rovers v Canaries thread. Not your faults. There seems to be nowhere to get help of this nature other than on a football thread. Perhaps Admin/ Mods could advise.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, bazza said:

Thanks folks. My point is that this discussion should be in a separate help thread and not in Rovers v Canaries thread. Not your faults. There seems to be nowhere to get help of this nature other than on a football thread. Perhaps Admin/ Mods could advise.

Can you see/post in the Ask a Question forum?

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/107-ask-a-question/

This would be the best place to get attention from admin/mods on technical issues affecting the site post-upgrade. Appreciate the 'like' button being invisible is an issue and will hopefully be fixed soon. If there are any other issues then I would definitely suggest posting it in 'Ask a Question' as it will get our attention and also allow people with the same question a chance to potentially see the answer. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DE. said:

Can you see/post in the Ask a Question forum?

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/107-ask-a-question/

This would be the best place to get attention from admin/mods on technical issues affecting the site post-upgrade. Appreciate the 'like' button being invisible is an issue and will hopefully be fixed soon. If there are any other issues then I would definitely suggest posting it in 'Ask a Question' as it will get our attention and also allow people with the same question a chance to potentially see the answer. 

In the Help section it says "popular questions asked in the past month". "There are no popular questions asked".

When the site was upgraded perhaps there should have been a message to us all that, if we were having difficulty, we should go to the "Ask Questions" in the "Help" section.

I'm not arguing or stirring it. I'm suggesting a better way of informing us.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, bazza said:

In the Help section it says "popular questions asked in the past month". "There are no popular questions asked".

When the site was upgraded perhaps there should have been a message to us all that, if we were having difficulty, we should go to the "Ask Questions" in the "Help" section.

I'm not arguing or stirring it. I'm suggesting a better way of informing us.

Fair point, acknowledged. 

• Like 1

ToMo's subs baffled me, down one at home pull off 3 kads who in an instant can create something and replace with 3 who likely won't.  Downing perhaps, Buckley a chance I suppose.  I think Mowbray luckily had it work against Brentford and just wanted lightening to strike twice.  It did not we became a lot less threatening after those subs.  We had them in the back foot for a bit and I felt we.could.still snatch a draw.

Clear as mud to me we are missing Big Ben, who'd a thunk?

On 12/12/2020 at 11:31, chaddyrovers said:

Disappointed by the result as I felt at 1-1 we would go on to win, the same old Rovers defending. 

Lenihan, Douglas and Williams were awful and I don't know why Ayala didn't start. 

I didn't understand the triple subs Mowbray made. 

We are now 6 points behind the top 6 now. We need to put a winning run together now. I think we are better footballing side now then we were when we came up from league 1. 

Gallagher was unlucky not to score. 

I would drop Williams, Douglas, Holtby for the next game with Ayala, Bell and Trybull coming in 

Maybe Downing for Holtby (who I think is off).or Davenport even.