BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Canaries. Sat 12th Dec 3pm

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Johnson has said he has no interest in becoming a senior team manager.

And come on Mowbray has plenty of faults as a manager but that last statement by you is just nonsense and questions his integrity, you are basing that off nothing 

There's a " Maybe " missing of the beginning of the last sentence.

I just find it strange that the guy who was achieving real success with what amounts to be the reserve team and was being looked upon by some fans as Mowbray's heir apparent was suddenly appointed chief drone pilot and sums man. That's not even a sideways move. Plenty of blokes with no real football background can and do get jobs sorting out stats, flying drones etc.

I was expecting whoever coached the team at that moment to be down graded to that job and Johnno being appointed as Mowbray's right hand man with responsibility for sorting out how we play.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Chris Wilder on a sticky wicket here as well. I wonder what he could do with this squad.

Yes, It'd be interesting. I think he's a bit shell shocked at the moment. It's getting to " Make Your Mind Up " time for clubs thinking about changing their manager. Apart from Rovers that is. If those other clubs are hoping to stay up that is. Maybe they're following the Dingles game plan - go down and then come back a bit stronger.

It's not looking good for Dunny at Barrow as well. They lost again yesterday.  

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, It'd be interesting. I think he's a bit shell shocked at the moment. It's getting to " Make Your Mind Up " time for clubs thinking about changing their manager. Apart from Rovers that is. If those other clubs are hoping to stay up that is. Maybe they're following the Dingles game plan - go down and then come back a bit stronger.

I know. My Saturday acca generally sees me searching for their fixture so I can back against them.

They rarely let me down.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I just find it strange that the guy who was achieving real success with what amounts to be the reserve team and was being looked upon by some fans as Mowbray's heir apparent was suddenly appointed chief drone pilot and sums man. That's not even a sideways move. Plenty of blokes with no real football background can and do get jobs sorting out stats, flying drones etc.

I was expecting whoever coached the team at that moment to be down graded to that job and Johnno being appointed as Mowbray's right hand man with responsibility for sorting out how we play.

We don't know what Johnson is doing ,maybe he is working one on one with players?

Brereton has improved as have others.

Johnson has said he has no interest in being a first team manager.He must be happy doing whatever it is he is doing though haven't heard any rumours of him moving on 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watched the highlights again. How anyone can blame the defenders for those goals yesterday is beyond me. Pukki is class for the first goal and they second is a big dirty deflection, that typically seem to go against us more than we get them. You would think for the amount of shots Armstrong has, he would get a few more deflections. It probably shows how crazy and impossible some of the shots are. 

Pukkis link up play excellent too. Brings the 3 class attacking midfielders behind him into play. Norwich are the best side in the division. They wil be promoted with at least 5 games to play. 

When you start believing that deflections go against us more often than not, it is clutching at straws, such an observation is totally baseless and nothing to do with hard luck across the course of a season. Against both Millwall and Brentford, we benefitted hugely from late deflected goals, within the last 4 games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

When you start believing that deflections go against us more often than not, it is clutching at straws, such an observation is totally baseless and nothing to do with hard luck across the course of a season. Against both Millwall and Brentford, we benefitted hugely from late deflected goals, within the last 4 games.

Yes.

Del can't clear his plate, and was to blame for everything 

42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They've a bloody good 20 year old centre half/left back playing for them, Scott Wilson, released by The Dingles over the summer. He's a Blackburn lad and Rovers daft too. I'm really surprised Rovers haven't been sniffing.

41 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We don't know what Johnson is doing ,maybe he is working one on one with players?

Johnson has said he has no interest in being a first team manager.He must be happy doing whatever it is he is doing though haven't heard any rumours of him moving on 

Previous articles have stated that all of Johnson's work is done at Brockhall and his match day input is negligible.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Johnson is first team technical coach. Plus he works one and one with players, shows their clips of their games and what they should or could have done. 

52 minutes ago, islander200 said:

When did Johnson say he has no interest in being a first team manager? Any link please? 

“We were in League One only two-and-a-half years ago and we’re trying to build and grow".  Mowbray post match in yesterday's LT.

So feckin what !?!?

As far as I'm aware, Mowbray has not been forced to sell any player during his tenure and, relatively, has had untold riches (what most other Championship managers could only dream of) to build a squad capable of getting us promotion to the PL.

After four years, Mowbray, has, IMO, miserably failed.

The bottom line is we have failed to beat a top half team this season (a damning statistic) and promotion is just a dream.

Places 3 to 6 mean zilch unless you win the play offs.

It's more than time to move on.     

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

Having taken a look at the first goal again it’s Williams the culprit for me as he was the only defender who had eyes on him before he made his run. Gallagher already had a man to mark, so Pukki appearing ahead of him gave him an impossible task. Williams hadn’t moved at all.

5C9C28F0-A722-4334-ACA6-9069CF5B7E0F.jpeg

40CDF253-1B72-4CF7-BDFE-5461ED82A1F4.jpeg

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Watched the highlights again. How anyone can blame the defenders for those goals yesterday is beyond me. Pukki is class for the first goal and they second is a big dirty deflection, that typically seem to go against us more than we get them. You would think for the amount of shots Armstrong has, he would get a few more deflections. It probably shows how crazy and impossible some of the shots are. 

Pukkis link up play excellent too. Brings the 3 class attacking midfielders behind him into play. Norwich are the best side in the division. They wil be promoted with at least 5 games to play. 

Don't agree that Pukkis first goal was unavoidable. He was allowed to wander into space completely unmarked. Where was his marker Lenihan? Not even in camera shot. The second goal resulted from Lenihan fluffing a simple headed clearance then getting done for pace far too easily. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even as 15 year old kid I knew you had your best markers on the opposition danger men. Most forwards look at marking up as something slightly beneath them.

I hate that zonal shite. I have no idea how it's beneficial. With the man marking though, as you allude to, you've got to actually do it like your life depends on it. I wonder do players ,let alone forwards find it beneath them. The art of defending in general is dying. Not being helped by the authorities to be fair. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Different opinions and all that but I watched them and couldn't believe how anyone wouldn't blame them! Why was Gallagher left to mark Pukki for the first and, whilst the second took a lucky deflection, the whole passage of play in the lead up to it was a shambles starting with Williams' weak attempt at a block on the half way line, Lenhian's weak attempt at a tackle on the edge of the box, Williams' poor clearance etc etc.

"Weak" defines Williams defensive ability. I still cringe at the memory of all those times a winger brushed him aside (or he just gave up) when playing at left back. Changing his position in the back four doesn't change that. A team that relies on his defending will never get promoted from the Championship. 

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Hmm would say perhaps that's the reason to get rid. If he can't get this lot close then he never will. 

We don't agree much but that is a fear I definitely share. The problem is our recruitment policy for a manager is pretty horrific seemingly coming from one agency. It is a heck of a risk. 

My counter is that a) I feel with increasing certainly TM won't get us promoted, thereby lowering the risk of a gamble. And b) like Bowyer TM seems to have run his course, can't get the best out of what he has and will therefore struggle as cutbacks are made. The more I think on it, it really seems like just before the season Bowyer was sacked with us underachieving with a talented squad. IF the new man could be brought in before the squad starts getting dismantled it might be enough to break the cycle and push us to promotion or at least playoffs. Fairly confident within a year there will be no Nayambe, Elliott and Armstrong so this season imo is our last chance to stop history repeating itself. It's a risk no doubt but it's a risk Vs the certainty of stagnation under TM. 

Ah we would probably agree with many things in person. It's weird online at times.

On the first point, ya well if he can't get this team into the play offs, then that's it for me. There are no mitigating factors. I just don't like when people insult him and question his integrity. I think overall he has been very,very good for the football club following some dark days. Actually feel like a normal club now. He does some bizzare stuff ,but I think the ground work he has put in,if not for him,will help whoever replaces him. Both with players at the club and fees received for players. People should not minimise that, even when it is frustrating to always seem to get so close, but yet so far. 

Ya, I hear ya,but it's such a gamble replacing a manager. Even guys ya think might do well,let alone what Venkys might pull out of the bag. Personally and I know this probably sounds mental, I would get Roy Keane in til the end of the year. I think that would suit both parties. I just feel the payers we have would respond to him and we would have that nasty/ruthless side that I think let's Mowbray down. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It looks good on paper but in concrete terms it's pretty meaningless. Especially if 3 or 4 off your better players bail out in summer.

Oh I know, ultimately it's pretty much the same thing when it comes to deliverables, but it is progression and would probably make us a more attractive proposition for out of work managers. 

Even if they do "bail out" we will get good money for them. Going off recent history, they are willing to spend a bit,even whilst bringing in practically nothing in fees.