BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

In order of players who disappointed yesterday 

1- Gallagher. The decision to continue with him is driving me mad. It's something I couldn't see another manaher doing. He's destroying him

2-Holtby. Looks nice with the ball, has the reputation, but ultimately what is he meant to be bringing? He doesn't score or assist. We need more

3-Rothwell. The usual stuff really, looks exciting at times, but seems afraid to push on and really hurt teams consistently. 

I'm not including Douglas or Lenihan, who were slightly better than recently at maybe a 5/10. They are struggling badly with form. 

The question now is, where will we be when Dack and Travis come back? Anymore than where we are now and it will be an anticlimax I feel. Anything less than 6 points from the next 3 is not good enough. To be honest if Mowbray was sacked over the Gallagher stuff alone, I wouldn't complain too much. What in god's name is it about. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In order of players who disappointed yesterday 

1- Gallagher. The decision to continue with him is driving me mad. It's something I couldn't see another manaher doing. He's destroying him

2-Holtby. Looks nice with the ball, has the reputation, but ultimately what is he meant to be bringing? He doesn't score or assist. We need more

3-Rothwell. The usual stuff really, looks exciting at times, but seems afraid to push on and really hurt teams consistently. 

I'm not including Douglas or Lenihan, who were slightly better than recently at maybe a 5/10. They are struggling badly with form. 

The question now is, where will we be when Dack and Travis come back? Anymore than where we are now and it will be an anticlimax I feel. Anything less than 6 points from the next 3 is not good enough. To be honest if Mowbray was sacked over the Gallagher stuff alone, I wouldn't complain too much. What in god's name is it about. 

Re. Gallagher I wouldn't look too much past the amount he cost as to why he's being played. Perhaps Balaji or another one of the clowns pays more attention than we think and explaining why the £5m player isnt playing isn't something Mowbray or Waggott fancies. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Re. Gallagher I wouldn't look too much past the amount he cost as to why he's being played. Perhaps Balaji or another one of the clowns pays more attention than we think and explaining why the £5m player isnt playing isn't something Mowbray or Waggott fancies. 

Pity they can't go further so and see he would be better off not playing , rather than playing there. 

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pity they can't go further so and see he would be better off not playing , rather than playing there. 

Gallagher isn't a wide forward - the manager has to take a lot of responsibility for not getting the best out of him. We are very predictable - why can't we switch at times to 442 and play Gallagher alongside Armstrong?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Gallagher isn't a wide forward - the manager has to take a lot of responsibility for not getting the best out of him. We are very predictable - why can't we switch at times to 442 and play Gallagher alongside Armstrong?

Mowbray probably thinks he's tactically advanced to play 4-4-2 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

He's being flogged to death to try and make it work and it does in about 1 game in 5 or 6.  That seems enough to justify it but 100% there's the fee behind it as well.

We've been told in the past by a manager, forget which one, that Venkys DO make ask why big signings and wage takers aren't playing.

I'll never for the life of me understand why he chased him so long then splashed out if he had this system in mind. Brereton this season looks like he actually fits it but big Sam looks like a beached whale floundering for its last breath.

Pathetic really and it totally upsets the balance of the team.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Also, what has happened Chapman?

My god he has gone from a sprightly young lad, to lads in Sunday league who were out the night before and just managed to get out of bed, grab their gear and show up. 

He's literally a different person. Always had doubts about his attitude. I was shocked to see him on yesterday. Surely the sub was leave Elliott up there and bring Davenport on midfield? We probably won't see Chapman now again for a couple of months. 

I still think we will go close when we get everyone back, but no doubt we are under achieving at the moment and another manager could do better. I don't really even engage in considering a new manager, because I don't think there is any chance of it happening this season. 

It's play offs or nothing, so I really hope that if we miss out, this won't drag on and end up really damaging Mowbrays reputation here. He could walk away happy with the job he has done. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Gallagher has actually been semi-handy coming off the bench. From memory he grabbed a couple of goals. When starting he is beyond useless, particularly on the wing. As I said yesterday, seems like the media are too scared to bring Mowbray to account over this after half the squad chased Sharpe out of Brockhall for that article last year.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Gallagher has actually been semi-handy coming off the bench. From memory he grabbed a couple of goals. When starting he is beyond useless, particularly on the wing. As I said yesterday, seems like the media are too scared to bring Mowbray to account over this after half the squad chased Sharpe out of Brockhall for that article last year.

Ok,that's the second time I heard that since yesterday. I vaguely remember a semi critical article, but I didn't realise the players reacted like that??

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok,that's the second time I heard that since yesterday. I vaguely remember a semi critical article, but I didn't realise the players reacted like that??

100%. I remember Graham and a couple others coming out firing (pity they couldn’t have shown some of the same fight on the pitch). The article wasn’t even bad, just pointing out the facts. This was it: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18265810.5m-question-rovers-wanting-sam-gallagher/. You can read about it in the Gallagher thread too: https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34080-sam-gallagher-returns/page/9/

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

100%. I remember Graham and a couple others coming out firing (pity they couldn’t have shown some of the same fight on the pitch). The article wasn’t even bad, just pointing out the facts. This was it: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18265810.5m-question-rovers-wanting-sam-gallagher/

This is the situation Mowbray has created. There is no accountability from top to bottom. It's such an amateurish approach to management . 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The most flat track of flat track bullies Arma is appearing to be. Just not able to do it against the better defenders. 

Which supports my argument for Arma  not being good enough for Prem. (overrated by rovers fans) He needs to be better against the better teams. Happy clappers are looking at his goal tally & think he’s a world beater. He’s got us the goals we need but if he’s this proven striker, we do need him to be more clinical. 

People replying to this, “you’re crazy, he’s scored x y & z goals”. It doesn’t matter how many he’s scored! His overall play needs a lot of work. He’s actually quite frustrating to watch at the moment with some of his decision making. Brings me back to the past few seasons with him. He’s got to step up if he wants to move up in the game.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Ah ya. Remember it now. The payers took it as a personal attack on Gallagher, whereas in reality it was more critical of Mowbray. Why he signed him and how best utilise his strengths. 

Well imo Gallagher has gone from a player who I wasn't against having back, to someone who impedes the team. All the players know he shouldn't be playing there. He should be sub for Armstrong and let him try and do that role well. 

Mowbray is messing with Dolan too. You can see already he's lost some of the magic. Davenport too, nonsensical approach to him. It's the Gallagher situation that's the worst though. It's no wonder we are shite pretty much every game he pays here. He's a big awkward lad, who isn't as strong as he looks. Doesn't have tricks, so usually tries to kick chase past a defender, who he typically just kicks the ball off and loses. It's hard to watch now to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Which supports my argument for Arma  not being good enough for Prem. (overrated by rovers fans) He needs to be better against the better teams. Happy clappers are looking at his goal tally & think he’s a world beater. He’s got us the goals we need but if he’s this proven striker, we do need him to be more clinical. 

People replying to this, “your crazy, he’s scored x y & z goals”. It doesn’t matter how many he’s scored! His overall play needs a lot of work. He’s actually quite frustrating to watch at the moment with some of his decision making. Brings me back to the past few seasons with him. He’s got to step up if he wants to move up in the game.

Ya, talk of 30 million is crazy. Going off previous seasons, he could only score 4-5 more goals this season. 

His strength is his pace, yet we plod along across and backwards. Jesus get the ball forward quickly and let him run. 

We are screaming out for physical presence up front. We have no plan B. Got lucky against Millwall and Rotherham, but that can't be our "tactic" every game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, talk of 30 million is crazy. Going off previous seasons, he could only score 4-5 more goals this season. 

His strength is his pace, yet we plod along across and backwards. Jesus get the ball forward quickly and let him run. 

We are screaming out for physical presence up front. We have no plan B. Got lucky against Millwall and Rotherham, but that can't be our "tactic" every game. 

25 yards out & his heads up, I’m on the edge of my seat, very good chance of a goal...He’s one on one with the keeper I guarantee he misses more times than he scores. Watford away this season is a perfect example. He should of scored at least 3!

People just need to chill with this price tag on him. Maybe it’s got to his head? I don’t know.

If he sorts his finishing out he’s most defiantly up there with the best we’ve had. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

When Brereton is back Gallagher will be on the bench most likely. It’s not his fault that he is being played out of position but he and Mowbray need to ask themselves what they consider his best position to be? He’s a big lad so should be trying to outmuscle the big defenders but that rarely happens. As someone says he’s happier running with the ball and less happy scrapping for headers etc. In the box.

The annoying thing is that Mowbray knew exactly what Gallagher was capable of before signing him so it’s not like any of this should be a surprise 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Also, what has happened Chapman?

My god he has gone from a sprightly young lad, to lads in Sunday league who were out the night before and just managed to get out of bed, grab their gear and show up. 

He's literally a different person. Always had doubts about his attitude. I was shocked to see him on yesterday. Surely the sub was leave Elliott up there and bring Davenport on midfield? We probably won't see Chapman now again for a couple of months. 

I still think we will go close when we get everyone back, but no doubt we are under achieving at the moment and another manager could do better. I don't really even engage in considering a new manager, because I don't think there is any chance of it happening this season. 

It's play offs or nothing, so I really hope that if we miss out, this won't drag on and end up really damaging Mowbrays reputation here. He could walk away happy with the job he has done. 

If you listen to that Marshall podcast i think we've got another one there in Chapman.

Just shows some of their attitudes and what they are allowed to get away with. Why the hell they don't put stuff in their contracts about turning up and fitness i'll never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

People replying to this, “you’re crazy, he’s scored x y & z goals”. It doesn’t matter how many he’s scored! His overall play needs a lot of work. He’s actually quite frustrating to watch at the moment with some of his decision making. Brings me back to the past few seasons with him. He’s got to step up if he wants to move up in the game.

Armo is like having another Beamo

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If you listen to that Marshall podcast i think we've got another one there in Chapman.

Just shows some of their attitudes and what they are allowed to get away with. Why the hell they don't put stuff in their contracts about turning up and fitness i'll never know.

Footballers are no different to the common man. 

They come from all walks of life just like any of us on this forum.

Im sure we ve all worked somewhere where we know he's a great worker ..he's aways late .,.he's always ringing in sick ..he's knobbing the secretary upstairs ..he,'s up the bosses ass... he does as little as possible whilst picking up top dollar ..footballers are no different. Its just a job to them ..once they leave training ..just like we do leaving work ..most wont give a monkeys.

• Like 3