BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stoke City v Rovers (a) Sat. 19th Dec. 3pm

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Footballers are no different to the common man. 

They come from all walks of life just like any of us on this forum.

Im sure we ve all worked somewhere where we know he's a great worker ..he's aways late .,.he's always ringing in sick ..he's knobbing the secretary upstairs ..he,'s up the bosses ass... he does as little as possible whilst picking up top dollar ..footballers are no different. Its just a job to them ..once they leave training ..just like we do leaving work ..most wont give a monkeys.

It's a privileged over paid job so they should be made well aware of that fact from a young age.

Yes they graft and make sacrifices but the pay reflects that and quite simply in most other jobs piss taking like that gets you the sack. Football should be no different, a craic is a craic but signing for a new club for over a million quid on ten grand a week then going on the piss for a fortnight ?

Come on that's utter bollocks if i was team captain i'd have had him by the throat.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

No but the manager in 5th place has. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55381160

We have been there before. A procession of losers and dodgy deals all requiring pay off. Like everyone, I thought this was our year. It still may be. I don’t want to go back to the days of hire and fire. 

We have a good team with valuable players. We need a bit of luck with injuries and a consistent run. 

This is a hard league with 6 teams at least on Premier league pay offs from relegation. 

Nothing is great about this year but let’s review once we get Dack, Bretherton and Travis back. Oh and our fans. 

Bilic to be named manager?

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If you listen to that Marshall podcast i think we've got another one there in Chapman.

Just shows some of their attitudes and what they are allowed to get away with. Why the hell they don't put stuff in their contracts about turning up and fitness i'll never know.

I don't want to be hard on the lad, but his general appearance has even gone to shit. Body language too. Scruffy looking little pudding, with his head constantly down and shoulders slouched. 

Has he bet a man since League 1? Should have been sent back on loan there. 

He's 23. He looks like a washed up cop from an American move who has "seen too much shit and is too old for this shit" 

I don't know what's gone on with him, but it's a noticeable deterioration. Hard to see him comimg back from this. 

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

It's a privileged over paid job so they should be made well aware of that fact from a young age.

Yes they graft and make sacrifices but the pay reflects that and quite simply in most other jobs piss taking like that gets you the sack. Football should be no different, a craic is a craic but signing for a new club for over a million quid on ten grand a week then going on the piss for a fortnight ?

Come on that's utter bollocks if i was team captain i'd have had him by the throat.

But ..it happens.

So you d grip Gazza by the throat knowing hes pi55ed up againnnn   yet know deep down he ll probably turn a game in an instance ? And then comes the knock on effect ..others say if he can get away with it i can ..give people an inch and some will take a mile . 

Again its a job ..a well paid job i agree and standards should be met ..but unfortunately some players dont and thats a fact as we hear every week of past players and their gallivanting ways .

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The proper captains would. 

I think an issue we are having is our captain is performing badly, so where does that leave him with scolding others? 

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

But ..it happens.

So you d grip Gazza by the throat knowing hes pi55ed up againnnn   yet know deep down he ll probably turn a game in an instance ? And then comes the knock on effect ..others say if he can get away with it i can ..give people an inch and some will take a mile . 

Again its a job ..a well paid job i agree and standards should be met ..but unfortunately some players dont and thats a fact as we hear every week of past players and their gallivanting ways .

Gazza was 30 years ago pal there's no comparison to a second tier journeyman.

Football is the problem though and in Bens case like Bentley he's basically thrown the towel in because he can't do what he wants.  Yet the managers were telling each other he's a good lad, good player but doesn't like Mondays.  Surely you'd be telling him when you signed him you'd be expecting him in on time or he'd be walloped with a fine etc.

Stupid industry.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Gazza was 30 years ago pal there's no comparison to a second tier journeyman.

Football is the problem though and in Bens case like Bentley he's basically thrown the towel in because he can't do what he wants.  Yet the managers were telling each other he's a good lad, good player but doesn't like Mondays.  Surely you'd be telling him when you signed him you'd be expecting him in on time or he'd be walloped with a fine etc.

Stupid industry.

But surely you cant be selective ? One rule for one ..one rule for all.

As i say all these lads from different backgrounds no different than factory workers. You ll have your good and the bad ..oh and the ugly ! its always been that way and will always be unfortunately.

As long as deliver in the games I wouldn't care, if you're not delivering then your life choices outside of football will be under scrutiny 

Roy Keane alluded to as much about Dwight Yorke. As long as he delivered, he turned a blind eye to his shenanigans. He apparently never missed training and always worked hard. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

But surely you cant be selective ? One rule for one ..one rule for all.

As i say all these lads from different backgrounds no different than factory workers. You ll have your good and the bad ..oh and the ugly ! its always been that way and will always be unfortunately.

That's not being selective the games moved on since then.

I agree it's no different than any other industry in that respect but the fact is in other jobs you'd be sacked. No way could you get away with taking the piss to such extremes. 

Football should be no different, nobody really cares what they do when they aren't there if they are playing well. But you should turn up to your job as contracted and you should be in a fit state to do it. I can't really see there is even a debate to be had on it.

Just think what we could have had out of Marshall or Stokes if they weren't such piss heads. Bound to be a few more as well, end of the day it's us fans who are being short changed...again, by these tossers.

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's not being selective the games moved on since then.

I agree it's no different than any other industry in that respect but the fact is in other jobs you'd be sacked. No way could you get away with taking the piss to such extremes. 

Football should be no different, nobody really cares what they do when they aren't there if they are playing well. But you should turn up to your job as contracted and you should be in a fit state to do it. I can't really see there is even a debate to be had on it.

Just think what we could have had out of Marshall or Stokes if they weren't such piss heads. Bound to be a few more as well, end of the day it's us fans who are being short changed...again, by these tossers.

Im not arguing with that statement Tomphil not arguing with any of it ..all im saying is that just like the bloke contracted to do his job in the factory ,footballers will bend the rules and always will. Im more shocked some people seem a little naive in thinking some dont.

As for the game moving on ..really ??  Its no different now  you ve still got players not adhering to the rules. Christ we had two England internationals breaking rules on England duty ..Jack Grealish careering down roads p55ed up ..and these are under lockdown ..what goes on at clubs on a regular basis ? We shall have to wait for the future  "book" "podcast" or whatever  to come out !

But yes ..i do wish players stuck to the rules implementated by their clubs.

• Like 1

This is what is going to happen this season.

Player injuries will continue throughout the year. We'll never field a stable team.

We'll come close to the playoffs but never actually get there.

We'll moan about it on here constantly to no advantage except to get the frustration out.

Management and staff will continue unchanged.

What's the point of putting myself through the pain each week i ask myself, its like Groundhog Day.

But then I remember I'm a Rovers supporter, always have been, always will be. Maybe we've all died and don't know it,  maybe we're all in the 'Bad Place.

Whatever! I'll be there when the ground opens again, I'll watch on iFollow, I'll stay bloody miserable throughout. That's the lot of being a Blue. I don't really suppose I'd have it any other way. COYB.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We really really need an alternative tactical system. Even when we were throwing people on it was effectively the same 433.

How hard could it be to try a 343 or 3412 or something different? We really need to figure this out.

Because ultimately we have no one in the box who can win a header, so it will be tippy tappy no matter what formation we play. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah ya. Remember it now. The payers took it as a personal attack on Gallagher, whereas in reality it was more critical of Mowbray. Why he signed him and how best utilise his strengths. 

Well imo Gallagher has gone from a player who I wasn't against having back, to someone who impedes the team. All the players know he shouldn't be playing there. He should be sub for Armstrong and let him try and do that role well. 

Mowbray is messing with Dolan too. You can see already he's lost some of the magic. Davenport too, nonsensical approach to him. It's the Gallagher situation that's the worst though. It's no wonder we are shite pretty much every game he pays here. He's a big awkward lad, who isn't as strong as he looks. Doesn't have tricks, so usually tries to kick chase past a defender, who he typically just kicks the ball off and loses. It's hard to watch now to be honest. 

Based on yesterdays performance he done it with Butterworth as well.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As long as deliver in the games I wouldn't care, if you're not delivering then your life choices outside of football will be under scrutiny 

Roy Keane alluded to as much about Dwight Yorke. As long as he delivered, he turned a blind eye to his shenanigans. He apparently never missed training and always worked hard. 

George Best. Enough said!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

How hard could it be to try a 343 or 3412 or something different? We really need to figure this out.

Why play 3 centre back against 1 striker? 

Also with the injuries we got and lack of training sessions happening not like we can try a new formation? 

I would try the 4-2-2-2 formation again. Similar to how Hasenhuttl plays at Southampton. He has impressed me with how he has got them playing and how well he has Stuart Armstrong playing there. We have played this formation before and with Dack returning shortly it might be a way to played. 

We havent tried a back 3 for the 18 months and with injuries at the back to our centre backs I dont see it has a viable option. 

Here is Rovers Analytics twitter account on how we could play 4-2-2-2 formation

Edited by chaddyrovers
Adding more detail

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why play 3 centre back against 1 striker? 

Also with the injuries we got and lack of training sessions happening not like we can try a new formation? 

I would try the 4-2-2-2 formation. Similar to how Hasenhuttl plays at Southampton. He has impressed me with how he has got them playing and how well he has Stuart Armstrong playing there. 

So firstly you rebutted some points of view last night by asking what tactics they would employ.

Yet when an alternative is given you then say that can't happen because of a 'lack of training' and then in the next paragraph suggest a change of formation?

Are you actually for real?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

While I agree we should at least give Gallagher the opportunity to try.

He definitely shouldnt play wide but even central which he has played numerous times mainly last season, he was ineffective more often than not.

Our current striker is one player within our team to which you cannot doubt his effectiveness. Dack should be back soon so I would suggest playing Dack off Armstrong. Gallagher should be no more than sub striker as far as I am concerned.

• Like 3