BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

His attitude stinks and it has done all the time he’s been in the team. He must be the most petulant player I’ve ever seen in my time watching Rovers. I can’t recall him ever being carded for a proper tackle. It’s always snidey, sly, childish stuff.  However part of the problem lies with the management at the club. They should have eradicated his attitude early on in his career. Can you see Souey, Sparky or Big Sam putting up with an absolutely ridiculously long series of pointless yellow cards ?

I remember my only sending off. It was in an interdepartmental game and I got frustrated and took it out on the guy who was marking me.

Next morning I was called up before the Works Engineer ( God in the engineering industry ) to got a bollocking for letting the department and myself down. I learnt from that episode. Will John Buckley. 

Fortunately JDT recognises not only his talent but also that he's got a lot to learn. It was reassuring to hear he won't be throwing JB under the bus. 

I think you're exaggerating his petulance is comparison with every other play that has played for Rovers in your time watching. 

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Fortunately JDT recognises not only his talent but also that he's got a lot to learn. It was reassuring to hear he won't be throwing JB under the bus. 

I think you're exaggerating his petulance is comparison with every other play that has played for Rovers in your time watching. 

I don’t think I am matey. Can you name me a more petulant Rovers player ?  He gets booked every other game and they’re all for childish acts. He needs to grow up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Pantomime dame is Travis. Says it all if he’s the ‘hard man’ of the midfield…

There aren’t any hard men nowadays. That side of the game has been legislated out. When you get three games for doing what Buckley did it tells you all you need to know. I presume they’d bring back the death penalty if you broke somebodies leg !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There aren’t any hard men nowadays. That side of the game has been legislated out. When you get three games for doing what Buckley did it tells you all you need to know. I presume they’d bring back the death penalty if you broke somebodies leg !

There's quiet hardmen like Johnny Howson, a quality professional footballer.  Holds his position, keeps it simple and can stick a tackle in when it matters....the other night he was pretty flawless, I took notice.  We need someone like him.

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I seem to remember Robbie Savage being quite petulant, and EH Diouf. 

But yeah, lets all hate on mild-mannered Buckley because people are upset cos he got sent off. 

I don’t hate him. He just needs to grow up, he behaves like a child much too often. The penny might drop now but somehow I doubt it. That’s the problem when you get players who’ve been lauded with praise from being about 8 years old. Not all of them can handle it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

There's quiet hardmen like Johnny Howson, a quality professional footballer.  Holds his position, keeps it simple and can stick a tackle in when it matters....the other night he was pretty flawless, I took notice.  We need someone like him.

Just had a look on the Boro forum what they think of Howson. Here are some highlights from that first half on Thursday when Buckley was pulling the strings. 

“Howson’s good games are getting further and further apart.”

“Howson has been woeful so far.”

“We’re playing decent for me but Howson is losing possession every time he gets it.”

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Just had a look on the Boro forum what they think of Howson. Here are some highlights from that first half on Thursday when Buckley was pulling the strings. 

“We’re playing decent for me but Howson is losing possession every time he gets it.”

Don't bring facts into it. That's not how it works with some round here!

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Ha ha.....I'd have him here.  Any comments from full time?

Saying that, he's 34 so probs not him, but a player like him...had a very good career 

Edited by Sparks Rover

48 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The facts are Buckley dominated him in the first half. 

Ok mate, just irrelevant when I'm on about improving our midfield with someone like Howson....he's had a stellar championship career....if Bucko hadn't sent that ball up and Hedges finished well you'd be lost for anything that Bucko did.  But you're right, Bucko better than Howson

Edited by Sparks Rover

5 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I seem to remember Robbie Savage being quite petulant, and EH Diouf. 

But yeah, lets all hate on mild-mannered Buckley because people are upset cos he got sent off. 

No, youve missed a key point.

The players you mention both knew when to petulant and when to be professional. How many times was Savage suspended? From memory he only got sent off once.

Buckley....and Travis both need to learn that skill.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

No, youve missed a key point.

The players you mention both knew when to petulant and when to be professional. How many times was Savage suspended? From memory he only got sent off once.

Buckley....and Travis both need to learn that skill.

Yeah they need to learn to spit at people in the crowd🤔

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah they need to learn to spit at people in the crowd🤔

EH Diouf was a horrible perosn and personally wouldnt had had him at the club but as a professional windup merchant ot pantomine villian he was a master of his craft as was Savage.

Buckley is a spolit child who needs his legs slapping

• Like 1

On 30/12/2022 at 13:31, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think I am matey. Can you name me a more petulant Rovers player ?

Savage, Diouf, Neill, Lenihan, Hanley, Todd, off the top of my head. And Batty and Le Saux managed to fight with each other in Moscow.

And this is just in my era.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Andy Todd was full blown nuts. I absolutely adored him at Rovers.

I think the difference for me perhaps is that the likes of Todd and Savage were hard lads who had the bite to go with the bark. Buckley doesn't - he appears a quiet, polite chap by and large, which makes his actions on Thursday all the more baffling. I was pissed off with him - I still am a bit - but hopefully he either matures out of such pettiness or gets the persona to go with it. I'd say the only player we've had of late like Todd, Savage, Neill and whoever else you want to throw in was Bradley Johnson.

• Like 2