BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bad news for the player times and Rovers. I found this comment from Tomasson interesting in light of our upturn in form and playing a different style.

“We’re very disappointed for John because he’s had an excellent 2023, he’s worked hard and developed how we want to play, the new way we want to play.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Terrible news for Buckley. Really like him as a player, really hope he is okay. 

But equally it is probably the one position where we have a lot of depth. Travis, Morton, Garrett, Adam Wharton all available. 

Garrett is poor and was only in the team to give Travis a kick up the backside, Morton is poor and Wharton is out in the cold. Strongly disagree with this comment.

This leaves us very short and just re-emphasises the potential cost to the club of the colossal O’Brien fuck up. Now the appeal saga is over and the arbitrator’s funding provided further embarrassment, when is Greg B going to front up with his promised disclosure of events 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

This leaves us very short and just re-emphasises the potential cost to the club of the colossal O’Brien fuck up. Now the appeal saga is over and the arbitrator’s funding provided further embarrassment, when is Greg B going to front up with his promised disclosure of events 🤷‍♂️

Don’t hold your breathe. Nothing to see here, move along please.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The O'Brien incident which could really cost us now. 

Well we got so far witn the current set of midfielders we have that have kept us with playoff place most of the season. No reason they shouldn't finish it. All 5 midfielders have played a part in us being in that position

Guess it depends how you look at it. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we got so far witn the current set of midfielders we have that have kept us with playoff place most of the season. No reason they shouldn't finish it. All 5 midfielders have played a part in us being in that position

Guess it depends how you look at it. 

We could have got the best midfielder in the division last year and fucked it up due to off field issues. Any of our current midfielders is a huge downgrade on him.

Even if we differ in opinion on Garrett and Morton, especially the former, even you would be hard pushed to suggest that they would get in any of the other top 6 contender's teams.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We could have got the best midfielder in the division last year and fucked it up due to off field issues. Any of our current midfielders is a huge downgrade on him.

We haven't had O'Brien all season and yet been top 6 team most of the team, but many of people rather focus on us not getting O'Brien than actually looking at this squad has got us into playoffs picture. 

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if we differ in opinion on Garrett and Morton, especially the former, even you would be hard pushed to suggest that they would get in any of the other top 6 contender's teams.

That isn't interested me whether they would get into another top 6 team as we are top 6 team and been there most of the season. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We haven't had O'Brien all season and yet been top 6 team most of the team, but many of people rather focus on us not getting O'Brien than actually looking at this squad has got us into playoffs picture. 

That isn't interested me whether they would get into another top 6 team as we are top 6 team and been there most of the season. 

It is a fair comment to mention the off field issues that become highlighted when we get a serious injury in that same position. One below par loanee in the summer and a failure in January. 

For some perspective, Garrett has 4 senior league starts, Wharton has 6 and Morton is the most senior statesman and himself is in his first season of regular first team football. That is the hand Tomasson has been dealt to support a top 6 push. These aren't the calibre of players you would ideally like at the business end of the season.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is a fair comment to mention the off field issues that become highlighted when we get a serious injury in that same position. One below par loanee in the summer and a failure in January. 

It's still the same players that have us in the hunt for playoffs. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

For some perspective, Garrett has 4 senior league starts, Wharton has 6 and Morton is the most senior statesman and himself is in his first season of regular first team football. That is the hand Tomasson has been dealt to support a top 6 push. These aren't the calibre of players you would ideally like at the business end of the season.

Yet all 3 players have played their part in us being in a good league position and playoff picture

• Like 1

Travis is fine. He is on 8 bookings so far. Unsure when the cut off might be for the 10 bookings but I'm sure I read somewhere its after the game tonight...so unless he gets 2 tonight, he's all good.

• Like 1

I'm not even commenting on the individual talents of the players in question, I love watching Adam Wharton and think he can play at this level now, albeit I am not keen on Morton and I think Garrett is well off at this stage of his career.

But I just don't see how it is ideal that with only one injury, we are left with such a lack of experience aside from Travis. We are at the business end of the season, pressure really building and we have such limited knowledge of how any will cope. Both Wharton and Garrett have been removed from the squad with Tomasson questioning their training intensity in press conferences having made 10 professional league starts between them.

It can't only be me that thinks that hence why we tried to sign O'Brien.

5 hours ago, BigUts said:

Travis is fine. He is on 8 bookings so far. Unsure when the cut off might be for the 10 bookings but I'm sure I read somewhere its after the game tonight...so unless he gets 2 tonight, he's all good.

Is anybody able to clarify when the cut off point for 10 bookings is? I tried searching for it a week or so back and found nothing. 

Losing either Travis or Thomas for 2 games would be an enormous blow. 

8 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Is anybody able to clarify when the cut off point for 10 bookings is? I tried searching for it a week or so back and found nothing. 

Losing either Travis or Thomas for 2 games would be an enormous blow. 

Football Association rules see players hit with a one-match ban for picking up five yellow cards, with the deadline for that long passed, meaning the next suspension milestone is for 10 bookings. The cut-off point for 10 yellow cards is after the 37th round of the season

EFL suspension rules explained as Sheffield United star looks to avoid two-match ban - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

• Like 1