BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think the fact he hasn't been out tells it's own story.  He's hardly pulling up trees here to warrant him stopping around, so why hasn't he ever been on loan.

Simple, lower league managers need loans to do a specific job. Buckley offers nothing to nobody down there like a Wharton or Magliore, etc...believe me, them lads in league 1 and 2 are desperate for quality.  Buckley just isn't on their list. 

Mowbray needs to do more for the lad to get him regular football...he needs to develop but it's not here.

Haha, utter drivel. You have no idea who's asked for him on loan. 

• Like 1

There’s a lot of blustering back and forth about Buckley but as I’ve said on several occasions, he is seen as ‘the one’ and the LT article only adds strength to that. Show me one other young player he’s spoken about like that since Travis!!?

Regardless of others opinions I haven’t seen enough to concur with theirs (and those PL scouts) about how good he is / potentially is. But I do trust the opinions of the people who work every single day with the players. I also know (and have said prior to yesterday’s article) that there have been many requests from clubs to loan him and they turn every one down because they believe he is that good....hence why he’s our most utilised young player. 

Surely it’s fairly obvious with Buckley. Plenty of technical ability, but can often be on the periphery of games due to his lack of physical presence - the very best players can thrive without that body strength, but I would say he needs to toughen up a bit, he’s 21 now, not 18.

Now that doesn’t mean hitting the gym Traore style, but developing a more resilient frame - look at how a beanpole like BB (also 21) can bounce through challenges.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Surely it’s fairly obvious with Buckley. Plenty of technical ability, but can often be on the periphery of games due to his lack of physical presence - the very best players can thrive without that body strength, but I would say he needs to toughen up a bit, he’s 21 now, not 18.

Now that doesn’t mean hitting the gym Traore style, but developing a more resilient frame - look at how a beanpole like BB (also 21) can bounce through challenges.

It's been said many times by some of us, but Sparks has a weird obsession with him and is therefore sadly blinded to Bucko's abundant technical ability. I can only assume that Bucko has recently become good friends with that dolloper who's just signed for North End and Sparks is now out of the picture, hence the hate. There cam be no other rational explanation. 

44 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's been said many times by some of us, but Sparks has a weird obsession with him and is therefore sadly blinded to Bucko's abundant technical ability. I can only assume that Bucko has recently become good friends with that dolloper who's just signed for North End and Sparks is now out of the picture, hence the hate. There cam be no other rational explanation. 

Dolloper who will have more championship appearances than Bucko by the end of January.....😏  

Has Bucko ever played 90 mins in his life....? Can't remember that ever happening 

If John Buckley is "the one" we are all fucked. I'd say Dolan is more "the one"🥴

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Unbelievable! Where's your evidence that he hasn't?

Still here twiddling his thumbs...evidence is there that nobody wants him....even Harry Kane went on loan...😄  Bucko too good to go out on loan...😳   

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s a lot of blustering back and forth about Buckley but as I’ve said on several occasions, he is seen as ‘the one’ and the LT article only adds strength to that. Show me one other young player he’s spoken about like that since Travis!!?

Regardless of others opinions I haven’t seen enough to concur with theirs (and those PL scouts) about how good he is / potentially is. But I do trust the opinions of the people who work every single day with the players. I also know (and have said prior to yesterday’s article) that there have been many requests from clubs to loan him and they turn every one down because they believe he is that good....hence why he’s our most utilised young player. 

I see lots of potential in Buckley and I think he could be a top player. Unfortunately I don't think the coaching currently at Rovers will bring that out of him. A new manager and coach could make a huge difference to him and others.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I see lots of potential in Buckley and I think he could be a top player. Unfortunately I don't think the coaching currently at Rovers will bring that out of him. A new manager and coach could make a huge difference to him and others.

He needs to play. Regularly and in a suitable position.   He cannot develop coming on here and there for bits and pieces.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Totally agree. Mowbray was in the paper other day saying his best position was attacking mid yet he plays him at full back where he, is totally unsuited. It would be like playing Dack there. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's not evidence. Any actual evidence? 

No, but it seems to be good for every potentially good youngster,  even the entire england 11 went on loan at some point...

Just never understood why not young Bucko...I can only conclude nobody came calling.  It's not like he plays here either is it?  Stagnating.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

No, but it seems to be good for every potentially good youngster,  even the entire england 11 went on loan at some point...

Just never understood why not young Bucko...I can only conclude nobody came calling.  It's not like he plays here either is it?  Stagnating.

Lots of players don't go on loan. Your reasoning doesn't stack up. Nyambe and JRC didn't. Butterworth hasn't and probably won't. 

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Lots of players don't go on loan. Your reasoning doesn't stack up. Nyambe and JRC didn't. Butterworth hasn't and probably won't. 

Nyambe was a regular by 21.  Using the other 2 as examples doesn't strengthen your argument....both are nowhere near 

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

He has plenty of technical ability but, when given starts, has completely fluffed his lines.

I'd worry about his mentality to be a 'player' more than anything else - I'm not sure he has the bottle.

That's my worry with him his mentality when given a start he hasn't grabbed the opportunity.

Still feel he has the potential to come good but he needs to start being more confident when he plays and work on his movement

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That's my worry with him his mentality when given a start he hasn't grabbed the opportunity.

Still feel he has the potential to come good but he needs to start being more confident when he plays and work on his movement

I think we all saw the reality the other week when he had that chance one on one with the Doncaster keeper, but completely fluffed it. A hungry and confident player would have buried it and laughed at the keeper going the wrong way. It isn't Buckley's fault that many of the opposition players he is pitted against (either in or out of positon) are built (comparatively) like brick shithouses, but he doesn't seem to have the guile to leave them on their arse either, instead just fluttering around, losing the ball or having it taken off him like a schoolkid, or even just bouncing off them like flotsam.

The upshot is he either needs to demonstrate his quality whenever given the chance, or accept that he is on a one way slide to football oblivion under present management. If I was him, I'd be pressing for a move, as it seems clear that no-one on the management / coaching side seems to know how to get the best out of him.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I think what he needs to do is, play football to the best of his ability. If that is not good enough, then he should be dropped.

Not sure how there's so much debate about the guy! He is clearly very talented (ok that's imo) and clearly there are huge question marks as to whether he will fulfil that potential for a myriad of reasons (also an imo). Whilst some of those question marks are to do with him - such as his size and mental fortitude - there's also huge questions over how TM uses him. 

Personally I don't think the odd cameo and some right back appearances (this being beyond stupid imo) will accurately ascertain whether he fulfils that potential. He needs a regular run of games to assess that. Not sure he is quite ready for us, so logically this has to be a loan, to make a proper valued judgement. TM needs to get him one sharpish because the right back farce isn't helping anyone. I think he has too much potential to ignore, too many question marks to throw into our first team making a loan a no-brainer. Sooner we do that, the sooner this debate will be settled. 

• Like 3

John Buckley will go the same way as Paul Gallagher IMO.

• Obvious technical ability
  • Will hang around here for a while
  • Never play consistently in a nailed down position to make his own
  • Drift off into league one when he's around 26/27
  • End up having a half decent Championship career without ever really pulling up any trees.

Edited by MarkBRFC