BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

27 minutes ago, GHR said:

Andy Todd was full blown nuts. I absolutely adored him at Rovers.

I think the difference for me perhaps is that the likes of Todd and Savage were hard lads who had the bite to go with the bark. Buckley doesn't - he appears a quiet, polite chap by and large, which makes his actions on Thursday all the more baffling. I was pissed off with him - I still am a bit - but hopefully he either matures out of such pettiness or gets the persona to go with it. I'd say the only player we've had of late like Todd, Savage, Neill and whoever else you want to throw in was Bradley Johnson.

Andy Todd had a short fuse. I don’t think that is news to anyone who saw him play.

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Andy Todd had a short fuse. I don’t think that is news to anyone who saw him play.

A short fuse? Jesus Christ, in modern day times he'd be an RCBO with added arc fault detection! (Short fuse is a lot more catchy though! 😆)

Still didn't stop me enjoying it though, albeit with a little bit of trepidation!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ Just don’t get involved “. There’s a reason their guy gave him a nudge.

Thought Cardiff may have been targeting Garrett yesterday in much the same way. After he got his early booking, he came in for a few rough tackles...well, fouls. I was saying to my dad they're trying to get a rise out of him to tempt him into that second booking. But despite being 4 years younger than Buckley, he kept his cool.

• Like 2

On 01/01/2023 at 11:27, GHR said:

Andy Todd was full blown nuts. I absolutely adored him at Rovers.

I think the difference for me perhaps is that the likes of Todd and Savage were hard lads who had the bite to go with the bark. Buckley doesn't - he appears a quiet, polite chap by and large, which makes his actions on Thursday all the more baffling. I was pissed off with him - I still am a bit - but hopefully he either matures out of such pettiness or gets the persona to go with it. I'd say the only player we've had of late like Todd, Savage, Neill and whoever else you want to throw in was Bradley Johnson.

Savage couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag - hard lad. 🤣

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Thought Cardiff may have been targeting Garrett yesterday in much the same way. After he got his early booking, he came in for a few rough tackles...well, fouls. I was saying to my dad they're trying to get a rise out of him to tempt him into that second booking. But despite being 4 years younger than Buckley, he kept his cool.

Garrett had lumps kicked out of him yesterday - including being on the receiving end of a straight red card. The ref gave him no protection - but I mean we've discussed the standard of officiating at this level to death this week. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The way Garrett kept himself in check when subjected to those deliberate fouls was for me a standout feature of his good performance.

That is what midfielders who want to be 'hard' have to do. Get their tackles in and just don't rise to the bait of others.

We need that sort of player and Garrett could be the one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Garrett had lumps kicked out of him yesterday - including being on the receiving end of a straight red card. The ref gave him no protection - but I mean we've discussed the standard of officiating at this level to death this week. 

They are doing their best to converting me to being a VAR supporter.

Apart from a few past it or just lardy it looks like the rest use the same gym and dance instructors.

No the Keano line was when he tried to sign him on loan from us (for Sunderland)…

“Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie – whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. 

“I never called him back. I thought, ‘I can’t be f***ing signing that’.”

😁

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

On 30/12/2022 at 14:31, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t think I am matey. Can you name me a more petulant Rovers player ?  He gets booked every other game and they’re all for childish acts. He needs to grow up. 

His public apology and recognition of his mistake was "grown up", I'd say, although I appreciate he hadn't done that at the time of your post.

I'm a big fan of Buckley. He is capable of a defence-splitting pass, and very tidy play on the ball. To me, he's a talent that we need. His petulance (if that is the right word) is something he'll have to rein in, but hopefully he'll learn from it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...