BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We were also 2nd place for a period last year with Buckley having started almost every game, so...

Buckley has plenty of time to sort it out. 

Let's just be thankful that Morton's turning into a fine replacement for the interim.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every team is suffering but we seemed to be suffering more than most.

It's a tricky thing to track, but curious that I can't seem to find any 'man games lost' tracker for the Premier League (let alone Championship). There's some attempts at tracking such a thing for the NFL, NHL, MLB, etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every team is suffering but we seemed to be suffering more than most.

Blackpool were missing 14 first team players yesterday (apparently). Even Sheffield United have complained about injuries on commentary last night.

The fixture list is insane.

• 1 month later...

John Buckley’s performance tonight just about sums him up. He was superb in the first half and then did a stupid ball bouncing off a borough player to get sent off. At that point it was 1-1 and everything to play for. He’s cost us the game. His behaviour our the last couple of years has been littered with indiscipline. My initial thought as he walked off Ewood was he needs fining the maximum the club can impose and have him in front of all the squad to apologise to them. Then send him off on loan to a lower league team, to show him that there are lots of talented players who don’t have the right game attitude. After cooling down we need him for the second half of the season but I’d leave him in no doubt that no one is indispensable, and a reoccurrence will see him traded in the summer.

if he wants to spit his dummy out I’d have him out the door in the new year. 

John you have the talent fucking knuckle down you dick.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think he cost us the game,we lost our shape within a minute of the restart,bloody morton losing the ball again was at fault for the first boro goal

Is it in the loan T&C’s that he has to play? I think Adam Wharton is much the better player and I’d rather see us play and develop him. The loan seems to benefit Liverpool more than us. 

Thought JB played well first half, had some great moments. Harsh red, but a needless way to get sent off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartakfenni said:

John Buckley’s performance tonight just about sums him up. He was superb in the first half

Hardly.  He started well, obviously punted the ball up for the goal.  Apart from that a lot of side passes and not much guile or bollocks to drive forward.

And don't get me started on Garrett,  struggles with the  basics for me....if it ain't a 50/50 he's lost.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hardly.  He started well, obviously punted the ball up for the goal.  Apart from that a lot of side passes and not much guile or bollocks to drive forward.

And don't get me started on Garrett,  struggles with the  basics for me....if it ain't a 50/50 he's lost.

Has Buckley shagged your wife or something? Incredible how much you slate him. He played some decent diagonals in the first half, you always find a negative. He’s better than your nob end friend anyway

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

Has Buckley shagged your wife or something? Incredible how much you slate him. He played some decent diagonals in the first half, you always find a negative. He’s better than your nob end friend anyway

Do you think it's a coincidence that when he's nowhere near the squad we are top and playing well, he's back and we are shit.?  Not a coincidence for me.

I think my nob end friend schooled our entire midfield a couple of weeks ago....you must have been asleep 

Garrett hasn't shagged the missus either.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartakfenni said:

John Buckley’s performance tonight just about sums him up. He was superb in the first half and then did a stupid ball bouncing off a borough player to get sent off. At that point it was 1-1 and everything to play for. He’s cost us the game. His behaviour our the last couple of years has been littered with indiscipline. My initial thought as he walked off Ewood was he needs fining the maximum the club can impose and have him in front of all the squad to apologise to them. Then send him off on loan to a lower league team, to show him that there are lots of talented players who don’t have the right game attitude. After cooling down we need him for the second half of the season but I’d leave him in no doubt that no one is indispensable, and a reoccurrence will see him traded in the summer.

if he wants to spit his dummy out I’d have him out the door in the new year. 

John you have the talent fucking knuckle down you dick.

From watching him last season and this my opinion of him hasn't changed there is good talent there but a stinking self centred attitude.

Just another example of a young player who got way above his station after the briefest of good spells in the team.  Another who should have been learning the hard yards first at a lower league club on loan.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you think it's a coincidence that when he's nowhere near the squad we are top and playing well, he's back and we are shit.?  Not a coincidence for me.

I think my nob end friend schooled our entire midfield a couple of weeks ago....you must have been asleep 

We haven’t been playing well and that’s why he’s got a chance back in the squad?

Works both ways, we’ve done well at times with him as well as poor. Just don’t understand your pure hatred for him, has to be more than the player he is because he isn’t that bad. 

yeah well done he had one decent game against us, I was there and watching. 

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Must be Morton that’s doing the shagging, you don’t seem to have an issue with him constantly taking the ball 5 yards from the centrehalfs and knocking back to Kaminski. Klopp is certainly fucking someone.

Just now, Spartakfenni said:

Must be Morton that’s doing the shagging, you don’t seem to have an issue with him constantly taking the ball 5 yards from the centrehalfs and knocking back to Kaminski. Klopp is certainly fucking someone.

Yeah, love morton me...🤷‍♂️ 

I'll reiterate.....we need some men in there, been saying it for weeks.  Garrett pretends to be a man, but just to look at Howson tonight, a calm assured championship midfielder, a real player in this league.....I liked their number 8 aswell....Nice player

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That’s not how it has gone down at all 

At least when you’re making your classic know it all statements try and use a modicum of the truth 👍

55 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s not how it has gone down at all 

At least when you’re making your classic know it all statements try and use a modicum of the truth 👍

Our early good form was with Travis and Morton/Wharton in CM.  LT has gone off the boil and his replacement (JB) has made the team worse.  How else can we see it?

Buckley was petulent to get sent off and I cant understand Garrett getting criticised when Travis came on and contributed nothing. We need an experienced midfielder to bring the best out of these players. Travis is not that player.

The midfield department is not working at present. The individuals all have plus and minus but none are the total package. Maybe Whiteman would of benefitted us alongside Buckley, Wharton or Morton but none will flourish in our present midfield.

If only we had a Gordon Cowans to pull the strings. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Our early good form was with Travis and Morton/Wharton in CM.  LT has gone off the boil and his replacement (JB) has made the team worse.  How else can we see it?

No

We had lost the the Burnley and Preston game back to back when Buckley hadn’t started 

Since JB has started we beat Norwich, where he was arguably the best player in midfield, and have lost to Sunderland and Boro 

Against Boro he had a good first half and an act of petulance ruined it for him

We can’t see what you see because we don’t look at it through the same strange hatred of all things Buckley 

As for your comments about your mate from PNE bossing our midfield: where was you when we turned em over twice last year? Including a 4-1 drubbing that Buckley scored in? 
Like I said: at least try and hide your bias 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Only one way to deal with Buckley, loan him out to lower league club. He cost us at least a point last night and for hard earning fans to see a kid on good money act unprofessionslly is a disgrace. 

Gutted.

I was always taught the best relief of football tension was to play better. The worst was tetchy retaliation. Don't give the officials an excuse to make a shit decission. They can do that themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

No

We had lost the the Burnley and Preston game back to back when Buckley hadn’t started 

Since JB has started we beat Norwich, where he was arguably the best player in midfield, and have lost to Sunderland and Boro 

Against Boro he had a good first half and an act of petulance ruined it for him

We can’t see what you see because we don’t look at it through the same strange hatred of all things Buckley 

Exactly. The frustration is that at Norwich we were much better with him in, and last night I thought he was excellent first half. 

His attitude stinks and it has done all the time he’s been in the team. He must be the most petulant player I’ve ever seen in my time watching Rovers. I can’t recall him ever being carded for a proper tackle. It’s always snidey, sly, childish stuff.  However part of the problem lies with the management at the club. They should have eradicated his attitude early on in his career. Can you see Souey, Sparky or Big Sam putting up with an absolutely ridiculously long series of pointless yellow cards ?

I remember my only sending off. It was in an interdepartmental game and I got frustrated and took it out on the guy who was marking me.

Next morning I was called up before the Works Engineer ( God in the engineering industry ) to got a bollocking for letting the department and myself down. I learnt from that episode. Will John Buckley.