BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pne useless in the 1st half,then sheff utd useless in the 2nd,north played with 10 men for 70 minutes as well,entertaining game 🙂

It’s a quite reassuring outcome for me. I was beginning to look at Sheffield United as a possible dark horse after 4 wins on the spin but after losing at Derby they have now thrown away a 2-0 lead against 10 men.

The 2000/01 Division 1 goalscoring charts, the year that Rovers were promoted with Fulham and Bolton (courtesy of worldfootball.net). We're viewing it through the lense of hindsight, but the quality (at least, in terms of strikers) was superb. I think, the majority scored goals in the Premier League at some point in their careers. Further down the list were players like Crouch, Helguson and Dean Ashton, who were, presumably, still very early in their careers.

1.    Louis Saha    27 (10) - Fulham
2.    Matt Jansen    23 (0) - Rovers
3.    Lee Hughes    21 (3) - WBA
4.    Jason Euell    19 (2) - Wimbledon
       Jon Macken  19 (0) - Preston
       Tommy Mooney  19 (1) - Watford
       Michael Ricketts 19 (0) - Bolton
8.    Luis Boa Morte 18 (1) - Fulham
       Barry Hayles 18 (0) - Fulham
10.  Carl Asaba 15 (0) - Gillingham, Sheff Utd
       Marlon King 15 (2) - Gillingham
       Iwan Roberts 15 (2) - Norwich
13.  Chris Bart-Williams 14 (7) - Nottingham Forest
       Bruce Dyer 14 (0) - Barnsley
       Clinton Morrison  14 (0) - Crystal Palace
       Jason Roberts 14 (0) - WBA 
       Neil Shipperley 14 (1) - Barnsley
18.  Marcus Bent 13 (0) - Sheff Utd, Rovers
       Mikael Forssell 13 (0) - Crystal Palace
        Gerald Sibon 13 (2) - Sheff Wednesday
21.   David Dunn 12 (4) - Rovers
        Ian Thomas-Moore 12 (0) - Burnley, Stockport 
        Aaron Wilbraham 12 (0) - Stockport
24.   Steve Claridge 11 (2) - Portsmouth
        Dougie Freedman 11 (1) - Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest
        Dean Holdsworth 11 (0) - Bolton
        Rob Hulse 11 (0) - Crewe
        Tommy Smith 11 (0) - Watford

Edited by riverholmes

I noticed on the official site that Swansea away tickets are on sale. It says in the article that they are on sale to season ticket holder only, at the moment. I am not a season ticket holder, but the ticket buying page, allowed me to buy a ticket.  

• Like 1

Don't agree that we should be forgetting Fulham and focusing on Bournemouth. They are only 5 points above us. Given the situation in November/December we have slashed the gap considerably and have picked up more points than they have over the last few months. 

Fulham have shown throughout this season that whilst they have a ridiculous collection of ability in their ranks they have slipped up on several occasions. I don't care if they win every other game 7-0 if they slip up in a few along the way. 

I do think that Fulham will win the league as they should do with their spending but we certainly shouldn't be settling for 2nd in this position. We will need to finish above at least one of them and Bournemouth to get promotion.

I do worry that there is a setting of the bar too low. From this position we have to be going for automatic and be disappointed if we don't accomplish that. Top 6 has to be the minimum expectation from here. 75 points is likely to be enough for top 6 which means 26 points from 20 games - a little over a point a game and basically survival level form from here on in. It would take relegation level results across the next 20 games to not hit 75 points. 

We just need to keep doing what we have, starting with a poor Hull side tonight. Of course games will get more difficult soon but we are above the likes of Middlesbrough and West Brom for a reason and that is because we have been better than them this season. No reason why we can't beat them.

Luton away is my biggest fear of the coming weeks - I expect us to struggle at a horrible ground surrounded by horrible people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I noticed on the official site that Swansea away tickets are on sale. It says in the article that they are on sale to season ticket holder only, at the moment. I am not a season ticket holder, but the ticket buying page, allowed me to buy a ticket.  

I very much doubt that this is an issue with Swansea, given the distance, the fact that it's a 5.30pm kick-off and that it's live on Sky. The routine allocation is 2,000 and I would be amazed if we get beyond that given the circumstances.

It would have been more of an issue when the Luton game tickets went on sale and sold out very quickly - I would hope that they were restricted to ST holders.

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I very much doubt that this is an issue with Swansea, given the distance, the fact that it's a 5.30pm kick-off and that it's live on Sky. The routine allocation is 2,000 and I would be amazed if we get beyond that given the circumstances.

It would have been more of an issue when the Luton game tickets went on sale and sold out very quickly - I would hope that they were restricted to ST holders.

It is more the fact that it states that the tickets are not available to non season ticket holders until next Thursday. When in fact they are. I am just passing on some information. I am not making a judgement.

Edited by rigger

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

We only have an allocation of 1,034 tickets.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did have Covid passport to get in and wear a mask when entering the stadium but when in my seat I took it like many of fans did

Both games over Christmas people were just showing their match ticket on their phones to get past the stewards checking vaccine passports. Basically you just needed to show any QR code and they let you through.

54 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Both games over Christmas people were just showing their match ticket on their phones to get past the stewards checking vaccine passports. Basically you just needed to show any QR code and they let you through.

Well I downloaded the NHS covid passport properly and always show it when needed

19 hours ago, only2garners said:

Is that for Swansea or Luton arbitro? With Swansea I think they start with 1,000 but can increase to 2,000. Luton is about 1,000 in total given the size of the stadium.

Definitely Swansea John. I'm guessing the silly o'clock kick off is behind the request for a smaller allocation.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/january/19/ticket-news--swansea-city-v-rovers/