BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

15 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Wasn’t that the case anyway (on Facebook)?

The worm had started to turn yesterday with the Maguire news unfolding, coupled with the info that realistically only IS and SW would have access to the EFL registration portal. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The worm had started to turn yesterday with the Maguire news unfolding, coupled with the info that realistically only IS and SW would have access to the EFL registration portal. 

Not being funny but is it beyond the realms of possibility that one of those two could have given the password to another member of staff?

Or do they have to go through fingerprint and retinal scanning James Bond style to log in?

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not being funny but is it beyond the realms of possibility that one of those two could have given the password to another member of staff?

Or do they have to go through fingerprint and retinal scanning James Bond style to log in?

It's possible but League rules state only a Club Secretary or CEO can registar a player, so we'd be left open to a whole load of issues if that had happened.

It's unlikely to be a password system, more likely a passkey or pki based authentication system which only they would be able to use.

• Like 3

Quite convinced that I read somewhere by someone yesterday that Waggott stated during this tea and biscuits with fans and players, we had money to fund the club regardless of Wharton being sold or the Indian hearing.

I could be completely wrong, but I thought I'd seen it somewhere on twitter from someone who attended.

35 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Quite convinced that I read somewhere by someone yesterday that Waggott stated during this tea and biscuits with fans and players, we had money to fund the club regardless of Wharton being sold or the Indian hearing.

I could be completely wrong, but I thought I'd seen it somewhere on twitter from someone who attended.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Wasn't that effectively the gist of the Club statement released recently?

21 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Do not be surprised if the Raos withdraw their application for the court hearing in march .There is now the Adam money on dripfeed in stages presumably. They will use this to fund the club for the time being why would they go to the court to send funds over when they have to pay the DE a similar amount to whatever the court approves.

I do think they have a major problem if they do that, especially if that means that no further funds will be forthcoming.

Each year, a statement is made on the accounts, whereby, it is acknowledged that the business is trading as insolvent, but the accounts are signed off, due to the guarantees of the funding being forthcoming from the owners.

Once this is no longer the case, the business is then insolvent.

• Like 1

There’s too much to keep on at the moment. This secret meeting with Waggott; surely the attendees saw it as further Waggot bullshit?

Feels like the Anderson interview and that time when a select few went for tea and a sleepover at Venky’s house(which members were these btw? I’ve asked before and never got any answers 🙄😂). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lraC said:

I do think they have a major problem if they do that, especially if that means that no further funds will be forthcoming.

Each year, a statement is made on the accounts, whereby, it is acknowledged that the business is trading as insolvent, but the accounts are signed off, due to the guarantees of the funding being forthcoming from the owners.

Once this is no longer the case, the business is then insolvent.

There is nothing to stop the Raos going back to the court later in the year once they have burned through the majority of Adam's money.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

There is nothing to stop the Raos going back to the court later in the year once they have burned through the majority of Adam's money.

It'll be craftily planned for after the summer window with enough sent to fund until Jan.

A few brown envo's to court clerks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Let’s hope the judge sees what’s going on and tells them that no further funding will be allowed per se.

If they are still being investigated and the illegal payments are proved, then maybe it will be ruled that they cannot be trusted. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, philipl said:

The wrong guy has gone

Amazing really that we don’t know who pressed the wrong button!!!

The cynic in me says that the owners order that no money has to be spent on transfers, so we switch the deal to a loan. That in turn ties us into paying a much higher fee for him in the summer, by which time we could be in league one. A very convenient mistake occurs (yet again) which means that the loan does not take place and now we don’t know who made the mistake and no one has been disciplined for it or dismissed.

In the meantime a meeting is held, where some players ask a few fans not to boo any more as it is putting them off.

• Like 7

What I wonder is what the Raos will do if they need to go to court again, or the heat is turned up in India over dodgy money and they did something illegal. We all hope that they'd do the decent thing and finally sell the club, but can't they just say stuff it, not bother trying to send money and let the club fold completely? Would we be in a more terminal situation than administration?

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

What I wonder is what the Raos will do if they need to go to court again, or the heat is turned up in India over dodgy money and they did something illegal. We all hope that they'd do the decent thing and finally sell the club, but can't they just say stuff it, not bother trying to send money and let the club fold completely? Would we be in a more terminal situation than administration?

If it gets shut down it will be because they shut it down.

If they don't pay the bills then it's administration.

I'm hoping for the latter of those two options.

I wish Eustace all the best. However, my dislike of Waggott is now becoming almost irrationally intense. I mean, I really, really can’t stand the guy. Everything about the guy gives me the creeps. I haven’t disliked someone at the club like this since the days of Anderson and Kean.

I hope he gets his comeuppance sooner or later. Hopefully he gets stabbed in the back just as coldly, messily and publicly as he has stabbed JDT and GB in the back. 

• Like 4

It’s a funny thing because as unpopular as he’s been on here for a loooooong time he was relatively unknown (considering he was the fecking Chief Exec) with the wider fanbase until fairly recently.

TM was the only person there you ever heard from, then Covid happened and he went into his bunker for about 18 months only emerging to try and give the big sell to the Brockhall flattening, I remember at the time people saying ‘oh he’s from the north east, is he? Never heard him speak before’, then after that kept a low profile again… until JDT started to call him out, repeatedly and now he’s become inextricably linked to all the debacles that seem to envelop this club on a weekly (daily?) basis.

You’re not unknown now, are you Steve.

• Like 3