BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Glad you enjoyed it, but it is fairly obvious that all those issues you had planned to raise (the actual point of you organising it in the first place and you had some good ideas on ticketing etc), were kept in your pocket  as you got quickly sidetracked by Charming Steve as he held court for an hour.

Never mind, you won’t be the first or last that will happen to.

Just for the record Matty, I raised plenty of issues with Steve. I asked all my questions I wrote before my meeting and he answered them all in detail and fully. Not once did we get side tracked at all. It was good positive meeting overall

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No you didn’t, you said yesterday that you didn’t raise any of the ticket ideas you had in the end.

wasn't a question that I wrote down or needed to asked given that I know that other fans including the fans forum have put forward similar ideas or fresh ideas to my to him before. 

I raised plenty of topics with Steve and he answered every one fully. I gave a summary of the meeting. 

I don't think I have nothing more to add to what was posted the day after my meeting 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

its not a contest you know me or other people who have meetings . You could very simple send emails to Rovers asking these questions you want answering so then you would get the answers you want, but you won't or just cba

Yes the meeting very insightful and interesting to have. plenty of issues discussed and enjoyable to talk the CEO. 

Yes, however part of your meeting was to ask regards the drainage and generator, two huge issues when you factor in games being called off due to waterlogged pitch etc.

You claimed before this meeting you'd e-mailed the club, arranged a meeting, had the meeting and kept most to yourself which you're perfectly within your rights to do so.

However, you seemingly didn't get any feedback regards the drainage/generator and came across as a willy waver.

Edited by damo100

4 minutes ago, damo100 said:

You claimed before this meeting you'd e-mailed the club, arranged a meeting, had the meeting and kept most to yourself which you're perfectly within your rights to do so.

However, you seemingly didn't get any feedback regards the drainage/generator and came across as a willy waver.

I did email the club and a meeting was arranged. 

I asked about pitch improvements which he explained what they had done. 

1864 has done you about this already 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did email the club and a meeting was arranged. 

I asked about pitch improvements which he explained what they had done. 

1864 has done you about this already 

Seems we're getting nowhere here as you keep failing to answer the questions I'm posing.

Ah well, we'll leave it at that.

49 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Whos crappy idea was it to shove the away fans up into the top corner anyway!?

Just seemed a really petty disrespectful and unsporting thing to do unless there's some good reason that I'm not aware of

The article says it was Mowbray. It also looked shit on tv.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Pathetic. The only place "marginal gains" should be addressed is on the pitch!

Away fans should be treat and welcomed like guests by the club, it's just basic sportsmanship and professionalism.

Also from a business point of view you'd want away fans to leave spreading the word that ewood is a good place to travel to as an away fan, to encourage more and more to come in the future as PAYING football supporters

You're using basic logic and reason there mate. Swag has proven that he doesn't have the brain capacity for that.

But give him the chance to swindle someone and he's all over it.

• Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20657719.blackburn-rovers-make-permanent-darwen-end-switch-away-fans/

The comments… ‘great decision’, ‘brilliant’, ‘good idea by the club’.

However, if the club had decided to keep them up there it would’ve been… ‘great decision’, ‘brilliant’, ‘good idea by the club’.

• Like 4

I see Waggott's 1875 scheme is up and running well.

Having spent the last month trying to force people into paying an extra £10-15 on top of their season ticket costs on the basis this will secure priority on away ticket sales, I discover this morning that Bradford cup tickets are on sale with no priority window for members or season ticket holders.

Now this isn't going to be a problem for most as the allocation will be sufficient to ensure all those who want to go will be able to, and it probably won't be a big following during a busy schedule. But I'm not happy that I've bought this membership on the basis it achieves priority on tickets and then I find that actually that doesn't exist.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Unless I’m reading it wrong is it not because Bradford are selling them directly and not sending any over?

Not sure how logistically possible it is and/or if they would allow the away tickets to be sold in a tiered system?

I don't know, but I'm certain that had we drawn against Dingles, Stanley or similar and there was a ferocious demand for tickets then they would have introduced a tiered system and sent tickets over no problem.

As I say it won't be an issue with Bradford but there's a few gripes - i feel like membership delivers very little and has been falsely advertised, and also if we are buying tickets via Bradford then we won't get credit on our database for buying which is always something I'm keen to get for when we get high demand fixtures.

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don't know, but I'm certain that had we drawn against Dingles, Stanley or similar and there was a ferocious demand for tickets then they would have introduced a tiered system and sent tickets over no problem.

As I say it won't be an issue with Bradford but there's a few gripes - i feel like membership delivers very little and has been falsely advertised, and also if we are buying tickets via Bradford then we won't get credit on our database for buying which is always something I'm keen to get for when we get high demand fixtures.

Matty is right cos Bradford are selling them directly so Rovers, Waggott or the 1875 membership isn't at fault for this. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Matty is right cos Bradford are selling them directly so Rovers, Waggott or the 1875 membership isn't at fault for this. 

I'm afraid that is an overly simplistic way of looking at things as ever. You appear to be under the impression that Bradford are allowed to just do that and there's nothing Rovers can do, which I don't think is the case.

The more likely situation is that Bradford have offered to do it this way and Rovers have happily agreed to do so as it saves them a job.

Rovers should not be selling membership on the promise it secures priority on away tickets if they can't guarantee that. That is a quite simple principle. You don't sell something, take people's money and then turn around a week or two later and say 'sorry about that but Bradford are selling them, not us'

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm afraid that is an overly simplistic way of looking at things as ever. You appear to be under the impression that Bradford are allowed to just do that and there's nothing Rovers can do, which I don't think is the case.

The more likely situation is that Bradford have offered to do it this way and Rovers have happily agreed to do so as it saves them a job.

Rovers should not be selling membership on the promise it secures priority on away tickets if they can't guarantee that. That is a quite simple principle. You don't sell something, take people's money and then turn around a week or two later and say 'sorry about that but Bradford are selling them, not us'

I don't know the full ins and out of the situation but I have to been on the rovers ticket site and I can buy 2 tickets for the Bradford cup game very easily