BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

And the English teams!

I’m not sure they’d be as keen, but they will probably be swayed if they’re struggling for coin in the same way as the others.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not sure they’d be as keen, but they will probably be swayed if they’re struggling for coin in the same way as the others.

If it happens in a couple of years i can see Newcastle being invited and they'd most likely do what the saudis want and  accept their invitation

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Juventus and Real Madrid will be all over it if it comes up again and probably Barcelona. They’re all in a fair bit of debt.

All 3 of them still want to happen cos they are in huge debt, 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And the English teams!

No chance. They witnessed the media and fans backlash here and their owners soon backtracked quickly. Also probably why Liverpool and Man United owners are selling them cos their value won't increase much more. Both clubs need new owners tbh

16 hours ago, K-Hod said:

And struggling for trophies. Only bit of prestige manure and spurs will get for starters. And Arsenal.havent had much either of late, although that might change this year. 

55 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

And struggling for trophies. Only bit of prestige manure and spurs will get for starters. And Arsenal.havent had much either of late, although that might change this year. 

The fans and media reaction to this Euro Super league will have make sure they won't be joining it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a read on the ‘other site’ now and again and there is a great post by Dunnfc, in response to the initial poor home ticket sales for the Forest game. The post is on the first page of the Forest thread.

A while ago, he wrote to Waggott with a whole host of very good suggestions to boost ticket sales for home games. Discounts, offers and, importantly, re engaging with local companies who had previously been involved with sponsorship etc down at Ewood. Also getting additional local companies on board. A really good post and some thought provoking ideas.

Waggott never responded. Sums the guy up no end and reiterates comments made on both this and the season tickets thread (on here) that the hierarchy within the club have no intention of even attempting to grow the fan base. They’re a complete waste of space.

Have a read, it’s well worth it.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I have a read on the ‘other site’ now and again and there is a great post by Dunnfc, in response to the initial poor home ticket sales for the Forest game. The post is on the first page of the Forest thread.

A while ago, he wrote to Waggott with a whole host of very good suggestions to boost ticket sales for home games. Discounts, offers and, importantly, re engaging with local companies who had previously been involved with sponsorship etc down at Ewood. Also getting additional local companies on board. A really good post and some thought provoking ideas.

Waggott never responded. Sums the guy up no end and reiterates comments made on both this and the season tickets thread (on here) that the hierarchy within the club have no intention of even attempting to grow the fan base. They’re a complete waste of space.

Have a read, it’s well worth it.

He used to post on here. Was a decent poster  then too

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I've thought of another add in for the Pogues and the late, great Kirsty McColl song:

You scumbag you maggot, you cheap Steven Waggott........

…you’re scraping you’re targets

and just getting by!

Retirement is pending,

no money you’re spending,

Leave Brockhall alone and get out of our hair. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

DunnFc was a good poster and had some decent insider knowledge and a good grasp the venky dealings non football related in this country. I know for a fact he wasn't a bluffer but seems he got hounded off here by the anti conspiracy mob or banned for something or other (probably not much)

Shame because like a few others who've disappeared in recent times he brought something a bit different to the party.

• Like 3

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

DunnFc was a good poster and had some decent insider knowledge and a good grasp the venky dealings non football related in this country. I know for a fact he wasn't a bluffer but seems he got hounded off here by the anti conspiracy mob or banned for something or other (probably not much)

Shame because like a few others who've disappeared in recent times he brought something a bit different to the party.

He was banned several times for referring to Irish members and players as 'Taigs', and then kept using a metaphor involving rape.

His permanent ban was implemented as he kept re-registering to circumvent his shorter ban.

So yeah, 'not much'.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

He was banned several times for referring to Irish members and players as 'Taigs', and then kept using a metaphor involving rape.

His permanent ban was implemented as he kept re-registering to circumvent his shorter ban.

So yeah, 'not much'.

As you probably know i'm not easily offended and prefer to let people fight their own battles but if he shot himself in the foot then fair enough.

Iv'e no idea what a 'Taig' is anyway but i do seem to recall he was a fan of one of the Scottish sides as well so presume it was borne out of that.  Shame because he was a good source of info on certain stuff.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, tomphil said:

As you probably know i'm not easily offended and prefer to let people fight their own battles but if he shot himself in the foot then fair enough.

Iv'e no idea what a 'Taig' is anyway but i do seem to recall he was a fan of one of the Scottish sides as well so presume it was borne out of that.  Shame because he was a good source of info on certain stuff.

I do agree, he came out with some fascinating stuff at times.

I just don't like it when we get belittled as mods for doing a bloody awkward job for free.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

I do agree, he came out with some fascinating stuff at times.

I just don't like it when we get belittled as mods for doing a bloody awkward job for free.

No criticism it's just daft - on both sides - when there are bans for a bit of name calling under provocation.

Obviously not the case here.

On 23/12/2022 at 10:40, Dreams of 1995 said:

myself and @Miller11sat down to a meeting with SW, we went throught the struggles the town has, area's to target as a lot of our match going fans come from the surrounding area. We discussed prices incentives and loads of other things to get bums on seats what did we get we'll look into it

• Like 2

On 31/12/2022 at 21:00, MCMC1875 said:

The above is organised transport from Yorkshire for a Christmas game 68 years ago. Waggott has told the Fans Forum he can't find coaches. 68 years on and the "club" is scratching around Blackburn primary schools now. Think about that.

I’m a governor at a primary school. We’ve just had to make the decision to stop trips out for the children as the cost of hiring coaches has more than doubled from 3 years ago - taking a class of kids anywhere now has a starting cost of over £20 a head, and that’s before you factor in the entry price of where you’re going