BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

When you say pumped in do you mean covering the losses that were incurred due to their total ineptitude?

No this is maybe the extra they'll have had to find during covid to keep the club alive so they probably wanted something back for it.

All just an accounting exercise probably, i suspect there'll be no lump sum of 16 million dropping anytime soon.

Might be wrong though.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This is the next "battle"

We all knew it would happen eventually. Whilst this lot are here this will keep appearing and reappearing

You see, I wouldn't even be averse to the training ground being renovated or relocated, so long as I had trust in the people in charge to replace what we have with something better

Everything, and I mean everything, tells us that what would come would be worse than what we have

To date Venkys, and currently Waggot, have not improved on what we had pre-2011. That is quite a damning indictment considering we are now approaching 2023.

• Like 9

I've long been of the view that Waggott got his job at least in part because he convinced the owners that he would save them money. That his huge salary would be worthwhile because he would save them much more than that each year in cutbacks.

I also suspect he is on some sort of bonus scheme for the amount he saves them. Would make sense.

This, if true, is likely to be the reason Brockhall keeps getting mentioned. He will have had his eyes on that since the day he arrived. It needs protecting at all costs. He's already taken us down to 8000 ST holders and dropping each year, when he swans off into retirement there's a big rebuilding job that needs to be done but he won't be seen again in these parts and doesn't need to worry about picking up the pieces of his disastrous management.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, rigger said:

Chaddy give us a view from the other side of the fence, about this Brockhall topic.

Firstly, I don't even know why Waggott has even mention this against this week. Currently this is not a priority for Blackburn Rovers surely. The focus should be on improving the team in January and getting us promote.

I am against selling/moving from our Brockhall base where the Senior Training centre and academy are cos I personally seem the need to at this stage. If Rovers wanted to move the Academy with the STC then I don't see why Rovers look at buying houses near the STC and look to build new academy facilities next and with STC.  

Now if Rovers decided that they want to state of the art facility like Leicester City have then that would be different story but I can't see us spending that sort of money on A new state of the art training facility and a small stadium for the under 21 and below age groups to play at. This is the Leicester City one for anyone interested LCFC Reveal Seagrave Training Ground REVEALED: Leicester City's New World-Class Training Ground - YouTube . Plus also a number of other factors Rovers like how long would a project take to build, would it finance directly from the Owners money, would it run to cost, planning permission, etc. Lets be honest this is non starter. 

• Like 1

He wouldn't have mentioned it if there still wasn't plans to go ahead,its the same as the European superleague as in first announced then supposedly ditched because of the reaction from fans to it yet behind the scenes plans to go ahead are still there and i'm am thinking its the same with Brockhall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He wouldn't have mentioned it if there still wasn't plans to go ahead,its the same as the European superleague as in first announced then supposedly ditched because of the reaction from fans to it yet behind the scenes plans to go ahead are still there and i'm am thinking its the same with Brockhall.

Yes they are 3 clubs still after European Super League but British clubs won't touch it again after the last fan and media backlash. Bayern Munich and other German clubs plus PSG didn't touch last time and won't again.