BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

46 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I live 10 minutes from Brockhall and retired from running a £120m EBITDA entity with thousands of jobs either employed or dependent on the business. I would seriously think about helping out.

I always fantasise (not like that) of our club being run by people like you and I - actual fans of the club, passionate about wanting it to succeed and - get this - competent at what they are doing.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When I think of Waggott I always think of Andy Cole.

And we, and others, chose this person as our CEO.

What a fucking fucked up club we are.

Ee I ee I o. Waggot is a fucking clown of a ceo. When we make some deals. Off come the wheels this is what we sing. Waggot is a wanker waggot is a wanker. He can't do a fucking thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

He said on season tickets, he sets a financial income target to those in commercial tasked with the pricing.

He does not care how the target is hit, be that £100 for a season ticket and 30000 sales, or the price we have now. Its purely ensuring the revenue is hit.

If we had done them half the price and sold twice what we have, he'd be happy with that, as the revenue forecast has been hit.

So basically based on above the commercial/marketing team have took the safe route of we may sell 9000 so divide that forecast by 9000 and thats the price, making their own job easier than trying to entice fans back and fail the forecast.

Lazy thinking if you ask me

Maybe this latest escapade will mean even less will buy next season, so dividing his figure by 5,000 may not be as easy.

The opportunity is here now, if enough season ticket holder insist on a proper explanation, or vote with their fee.

His E Mail address is out there now, so pass it on as you see fit and let's nail him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

Maybe this latest escapade will mean even less will buy next season, so dividing his figure by 5,000 may not be as easy.

The opportunity is here now, if enough season ticket holder insist on a proper explanation, or vote with their fee.

His E Mail address is out there now, so pass it on as you see fit and let's nail him.

I thought his email had a 2 on the end, certainly the one ive seen/used?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

He said on season tickets, he sets a financial income target to those in commercial tasked with the pricing.

He does not care how the target is hit, be that £100 for a season ticket and 30000 sales, or the price we have now. Its purely ensuring the revenue is hit.

If we had done them half the price and sold twice what we have, he'd be happy with that, as the revenue forecast has been hit.

So basically based on above the commercial/marketing team have took the safe route of we may sell 9000 so divide that forecast by 9000 and thats the price, making their own job easier than trying to entice fans back and fail the forecast.

Clearly a CEO shouldn’t be micromanaging but surely the instruction should be more than ‘raise £x’

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Perhaps no one should meet the claim their seat deadline and then all send a poorly worded email the following morning to explain why they should still be able to have it.

Edited by wilsdenrover
Changed a word

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Did he say what that target was?

I’m just wondering whether it could be covered by selling a player before his contract runs out instead…

Then all season ticket sales could be ‘bonus’ money and they could be sold at a far more appealing price.

Edited by wilsdenrover
Spelling

Bolton just put 23/24 season tickets on sale, prices frozen, adults from £219 and juniors from £35. They could well be in the Championship with us next season and will dwarf our sales even if not.

Our Half STs this year are more expensive than that and who would put it past Waggott to increase them yet again.

Despite his claims of wanting to get them on sale earlier this year I'll be amazed if there is any news on prices before the end of April.

I'm almost done with this club until the Indian scum get out. Sure, I'll be happy if we get promoted and all that, but it will be a shallow joy tempered with the long standing resentment of 13 years of absolute chaos and incompetence. There is only so much nonsense I can put up with,and if I was a local and could go to matches I would probably not go again or renew a season ticket.

• Like 2

I'm not going to email him. He isn't worth my time and effort. He's a lazy, incompetent piece of garbage and people like him are what cause most of the problems we have in society. 

His record is one of continuous failures for which he has been handsomely rewarded. 

I wish nothing but the worst on him and our indian overlords. 

• Like 1

Broughton has been very modest and generous with his comments in todays interview, he and the medical team clearly did everything that they needed to on their side of things then left the paper work to those responsible for that side of things... And that is where he has either been let down or been deliberately sabotaged. 

What the hell where Waggot and Sunhail doing going to the game when there where such important deals going on at the club that they should have being overseeing in person!

They both need dispensing of immediately,

Dont let them throw Broghton (or anyone else) under the bus, waggot and suhail are ultimately responsible for the administrative side of things and that is where thr transfers failed. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, BigUts said:

My email to Mr Waggot:

Mr Waggot

I write as a concerned supporter and also as a season ticket holder, of which I have been, on and off, for a number of years.

Appreciating the fact that I am sure you will be getting a lot of communication following the debacle of [not] signing Lewis O'brien, I felt it important to send you a communication regarding my concerns about the running of our once proud football club. I am of the clear belief that if you are unhappy with something then the people who are making you unhappy should be given the opportunity to rectify it.

Under the ownership of the Rao family, it seems a number of areas of the club have faced a gradual degradation in quality, efficiency and effectiveness. No doubt this will be put down to dwindling income streams etc. but (excusing the unintended pun) chickens have merely come home to roost following a number of high profile and financially costly mistakes made by our esteemed owners. This has alienated many (including myself) for long periods and in thousands of cases seemingly permanently and I would ask that you would convey concerns as such to your employers. I am certain this would be difficult for you, but I am also certain you realise that both yourself and the Rao family are mere custodians of a historic and great football club that is adored by tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands around the world. 

Notwithstanding the above and without spending hours of my life drafting an email that is unlikely to ever be acknowledged, I would like to concentrate on my most pressing worry and concern; engagement with the fan base. Blackburn Rovers were once seen as a forward thinking, engaging club; indeed selling season tickets for bargain prices to entice fans to Ewood, ongoing marketing campaigns such as 'Taking Back Ewood' and 'Football is for the fans'. Rovers seem to have lost this appetite. 

I have read that you have income targets you seek to meet each season via season ticket sales. Surely, it would make far more sense to engage a campaign of selling a larger volume of tickets at a lower cost to the supporter, generating more ancillary income via other means (concourse food / beverage purchases). Not only does this seemingly generate more overall income in the medium and long-term; a better matchday atmosphere inspires the floating fan to come more regularly, the supporter base increases year on year and the rest is, hopefully, obvious.
This season's season ticket offering was embarrassing and alienating in itself. A vast swathe of clubs in our area offered enticing and engaging prices for supporters to flood their stadiums, and we (you) decided that we would do the opposite. Charging our most expensive prices in memory after appointing an exciting new management structure and internationally recognisable head coach could have been the dawning of a new era of engagement and Taking Back Ewood. We did nothing and we continue to do nothing to get people back. I am sure we have a marketing team with talented people within it; it is your task and responsibility to make sure they, and yourself make the ground as full and income generating as it can be.

I implore you, sincerely, urgently and wholeheartedly to take steps to rectify this issue. Begin engagement on 23-24 season tickets NOW. Come out, engage with the fanbase and get on the front foot. Don't wait until May / June / July to do it. Get people back inside Ewood and make people sit up and take notice again for all of the right reasons.
Over the past 2 years we have sat comfortably within the playoff places around christmas yet the ground is less than half full with 2 of the upper tiers completely redundant.

There are many, many things wrong with our club, and doing this small thing to reengage would send out a huge message to the supporter base. Come back, we want you here, we want you involved, and lets go and grab some success together.

Regards
Stuart H******* 
079** ******

Great letter and I think all with the interests of the club at heart would share your concerns and fully endorse your points.

• Like 2

Now then, amazingly after the recent horrendous cock up, Waggot not only shows his face at u21's game at Huddersfield, he then makes a fantastic gesture to the fans with the ticket prices for the fa cup match at Leicester.

This strikes me of a guilty conscious, let's live in hope this current generosity is given for the season tickets, and for us long suffering fans not to be made waiting until June/July to be advertised. But I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Knowing Swag the best we will get is frozen prices from last year (£429) Lower bowl etc. He'll then make this out to he outstanding prices.

Let's not forget what we get when visiting Ewood Park. 

Edited by damo100