BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

9 hours ago, 47er said:

If Baliaj's son got really interested and connected that could be a very good thing. Grasping at straws I know!

Random speculation. If Venkys ever got really interested in anything other than their own egos they would surely drop the pretence and seek to cut their losses.

We are like one of those awful dancing Russian bears of the dim and distant past - once a glorious animal at the top of the food chain, but now cowed, chained and forced to dance for pennies for the amusement of a dwindling number of increasingly bemused onlookers. Somebody please call the frigging Vet. And whilst you're at it, we appear to be infested with MWaggots

blasted dancing bear.jpg

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler

5 hours ago, lraC said:

Por el amor de dios = For the love of God, so not quite as strong as for fuck sake. The word chupacables, works better. The literal translation of that is cable sucker, but is a Spanish insult and as I’m sure people can imagine, the insinuation is strong. 

Cable sucker 🤣

I quite like that one it's a bit different.

A load of the usual pointless corporate waffle without getting to the point on that Pegasus site.

Only thing i can assume is building houses, a supermarket and maybe a mosque or something on surrounding car parks.  We know that cars are going to end up banned from most urban areas eventually.

Long shot maybe a new stand with hotel or something on the Riverside...and a couple of wind turbines on the hill !

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

https://www.pegasusgroup.co.uk/projects/ewood-park-stadium-masterplan/

Not strictly Waggott but has this been posted on here previously?

That was a whole lot of words to basically say, 'There have been a lot of different plans for the Ewood Park stadium area, so we've consulted with various parties and come up with a cohesive plan. Which we're not sharing with you here.'

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Random speculation. If Venkys ever got really interested in anything other than their own egos they would surely drop the pretence and seek to cut their losses.

We are like one of those awful dancing Russian bears of the dim and distant past - once a glorious animal at the top of the food chain, but now cowed, chained and forced to dance for pennies for the amusement of a dwindling number of increasingly bemused onlookers. Somebody please call the frigging Vet. And whilst you're at it, we appear to be infested with MWaggots

blasted dancing bear.jpg

Not entirely in the past yet, sadly. I went to a bear sanctuary in Bulgaria a few years ago, where they look after bears that used to be subjected to this treatment. The mutilation wounds they still have from the chains, ropes etc are horrific and heartbreaking to see. At least other ill treatment of animals is usually for something more than just a cheap laugh and amusement for punters.

It's banned in Bulgaria now, but some other countries still permit it. Ironically enough, India is one of those countries. We really are Venkys' dancing bear, as you say. It should have been stopped by the authorities a long time ago, but I'm sure our gaping wounds and scars will remain long after our owners and handlers have departed. I just hope subsequent conservation efforts will be as kind and considered as they were in that sanctuary I visited.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017823065776327/permalink/1271241197101178/

Don't know if this has been copied to here yet

Interestng timing considering the ACV on Ewood expires this year. Sell Brockhall ( Waggott can claim no responsibility - it's not owned by the club ) and squeeze some traing facilities somewhere around Ewood - For the good of the community of course!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Interestng timing considering the ACV on Ewood expires this year. Sell Brockhall ( Waggott can claim no responsibility - it's not owned by the club ) and squeeze some traing facilities somewhere around Ewood - For the good of the community of course!

I think it would be difficult for them to start building a training facility around Ewood. Impossible even. There simply isn’t the room 

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think it would be difficult for them to start building a training facility around Ewood. Impossible even. There simply isn’t the room 

I could see them considering the BRIC, as unsuitable the facilities are for anything other than a kickabout with your mates...

I don’t know if this has been raised before , but after speaking to a fellow Rover yesterday at Watford, Waggott doesn’t come out well regarding his part of the Andy Cole transfer from Bristol City to Newcastle United. It’s documented in Andrew Cole’s autobiography.

59 minutes ago, jumpin' said:

I don’t know if this has been raised before , but after speaking to a fellow Rover yesterday at Watford, Waggott doesn’t come out well regarding his part of the Andy Cole transfer from Bristol City to Newcastle United. It’s documented in Andrew Cole’s autobiography.

Yeh I've read about it before, thanks to this forum. Basically snatched the signing on fee for himself if I remember it right. Something like that anyway. When that was a lot of money to Cole at the time as he was new on the scene.

4 hours ago, jumpin' said:

See page 34 of this thread for some more detail

• Like 1

On 12/02/2023 at 20:52, jumpin' said:

On 12/02/2023 at 21:53, bluebruce said:

Yeh I've read about it before, thanks to this forum. Basically snatched the signing on fee for himself if I remember it right. Something like that anyway. When that was a lot of money to Cole at the time as he was new on the scene.

On 13/02/2023 at 01:31, AllRoverAsia said:

See page 34 of this thread for some more detail

Click the arrow.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, roverblue said:

Didn’t really know where else to put this but sums up the commercial ambition and the general state of the riverside.

This was taken today in the gents look at the date on the poster….

852D6ECF-695E-4284-880A-641B1EB5F626.jpeg

Should be replaced with Waggott’s face and then we in the Riverside can wipe are arses on it. Money grabbing ex agent who should be EX CEO. FUCK OFF OUT OF MY CLUB.

• Like 4

On 18/02/2023 at 19:12, roverblue said:

Didn’t really know where else to put this but sums up the commercial ambition and the general state of the riverside.

This was taken today in the gents look at the date on the poster….

852D6ECF-695E-4284-880A-641B1EB5F626.jpeg

This is embarrassing more than anything.

The whole operation at Ewood has been wound down to 'barely operational'. There is no spark or desire to improve the matchday atmosphere

I'm not here demanding light shows or fireworks - just a good, old-fashioned well run operation in which the stands and concourse are clean; the fan areas are kept up to date; the food on sale is of good quality and priced accordingly and the beer / refreshments are varied

I went to Blues away this year - must be the only club that I have come close to thinking: "Ewood is better than this"

Almost every single other venue I have been, even during our League 1 days, I came away thinking the atmosphere is better here than at ours. Yeah, the likes of Walsall you had school tables acting as the refreshment bar, and the facilities aren't as modern, but they were maintained a damn sight better than ours

Going to Ewood just isn't a pleasant experience any more. I will always go away before a home game

ChatGPT: Write about Steve Waggott in the style of Donald Trump.

Steve Waggott is a fantastic guy. He's done tremendous work for Coventry City Football Club, and I'm sure he'll do even more in the future! His leadership has been invaluable to the team, and his commitment to success is unwavering. He's a great negotiator too – just look at the way he got us some of the best players in League One! Steve Waggott knows how to make things happen, and I'm certain we'll be seeing bigger and better things from him in no time.

• Like 1