BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

5 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

myself and @Miller11sat down to a meeting with SW, we went throught the struggles the town has, area's to target as a lot of our match going fans come from the surrounding area. We discussed prices incentives and loads of other things to get bums on seats what did we get we'll look into it

I bet his piece of paper, reminding him to look into it, was filed in for he bin, before you got into the car.

Some great crowds in the league below us recently, namely Bolton and Ipswich. Both of those teams have struggled to attract supporters in the past, but manage it now. I bet their CEO’s are both paid far less than Waggott to do a far better job. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't need to go and have a meeting with him.

From the other side of the world I can tell he is just a lazy, bullshitting oaf who is only interested in lining his own pockets.

Actually being proud of the fact that they gave the place a wash for the first time in a decade says all you need to know about this turd.

• Like 4

It will never change whilst these names are over the door because of the void between here and India and those that work in that void.

Far too easy a number once feet are under the table, keep the middleman onside and he'll let you get on with it whilst he rides his own gravy train.

• Like 5

Well that's was one hell of a change from

"Steve Waggott in person is not the same Steve Waggott we've heard in interviews, his passion, knowledge and general persona is probably the best I've seen from anyone within the club in my time, and that includes the Williams Regime. Although I'm only 5% through my questions for him, which I will pick up again in September, I can tell from my first meeting that my position/opinion on him prior to meeting him, has changed somewhat. I have been involved in lots of these type of meetings, and I don't go easy on people. I actually told him, this Steve Waggott is actually quite marketable. I can understand why many after meeting him are jumping to his defence, because I actually think with the right approach, he could become one of the most influential people the club ever has. There is evidently lots of work to do to rebuild, and a lot more questions I need to ask, but early signs I think are good for all of us"

Good though that there was a second meeting.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was about to say the same, a remarkable u turn by Glen, as he seemed to be of the view the Club were lucky to have Waggott after their first meeting. I do concur with his latter view as opposed to the initial one however.

Yes I'm in line with the latest opinion.

Putting Swag above the Williams regime had been sticking in my throat quite a bit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"Steve Waggott in person is not the same Steve Waggott we've heard in interviews, his passion, knowledge and general persona is probably the best I've seen from anyone within the club in my time, and that includes the Williams Regime. Although I'm only 5% through my questions for him, which I will pick up again in September, I can tell from my first meeting that my position/opinion on him prior to meeting him, has changed somewhat. I have been involved in lots of these type of meetings, and I don't go easy on people. I actually told him, this Steve Waggott is actually quite marketable. I can understand why many after meeting him are jumping to his defence, because I actually think with the right approach, he could become one of the most influential people the club ever has. There is evidently lots of work to do to rebuild, and a lot more questions I need to ask, but early signs I think are good for all of us"

Is it a case of him seeing though his bullshit this time around. I have never met him and never will, bill do not get the impression we gave anyone but a wage thief at the club. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I know i said i wouldn't post, but this is a great point.

Face value, first meeting and not all the questions asked which I wanted to. I did get a different feel in the first meeting, and if anything probably posted on here too soon, with the intention not to miss out what was said.

It was crucial to me, that due to a second meeting pending, i also kept my powder dry somewhat as I'd made it abundantly clear i'd post on here what was said.

In hindsight, i'm most disappointed in myself to have potentially given him too much credit from my first post. 

It is clear he is making the decisions, but also clear as i've posted so many times over the last few years that he is judged on the financials and whatever it takes he will ensure that those numbers are hit to keep himself in favour.

There is a lot to take in when you attend these meetings, especially when you are not sat writing minutes and are going to report back. 

I'm glad i went back for the second meeting, as it allowed me to focus a little more (the first meeting i'd never met the guy before and wanted to try and be open minded)

My opinion is very much what I posted today, and I'm disappointed not to be able to write it was all good, and also if I mis-lead anyone with my opening opinion.

A little like the manager, we are entitled to change our opinion if new information, facts become apparent.

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was about to say the same, a remarkable u turn by Glen, as he seemed to be of the view the Club were lucky to have Waggott after their first meeting. I do concur with his latter view as opposed to the initial one however.

I didnt think we were lucky first time around, i just thought at that time he appeared better than the bad bunch before, and took hope that he had the autonomy to make decisions.

Glad i went the second time, but equally disappointed my hopes were dashed.

Edited by glen9mullan

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes I'm in line with the latest opinion.

Putting Swag above the Williams regime had been sticking in my throat quite a bit.

100% never put swag above Williams et al, even from meeting one, he didn't come across of having those qualities.

My wording reading it back is not the best.

Personable he came across well first meeting, which John didn't always.

However we are talking a rolls royce with Williams, and A Nissan Micra with Waggott; in terms of acumen, understanding and actually seeing further than his own nose

Edited by glen9mullan

10 minutes ago, lraC said:

Is it a case of him seeing though his bullshit this time around. I have never met him and never will, bill do not get the impression we gave anyone but a wage thief at the club. 

It was more of seeing a girl in a room striking up a conversation, and agreeing to go on a date.

Whilst on the date, your inner self deciding straight away "big mistake"

I'd done the sizing in the first encounter, took stock, given him a little too much credit and once i'd regrouped my thoughts attended a second meeting, where the inaccuracies from the first meeting shone through like the best summer day i'd seen, it was blatantly obvious that even engaging was a mistake

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

It was more of seeing a girl in a room striking up a conversation, and agreeing to go on a date.

Whilst on the date, your inner self deciding straight away "big mistake"

I'd done the sizing in the first encounter, took stock, given him a little too much credit and once i'd regrouped my thoughts attended a second meeting, where the inaccuracies from the first meeting shone through like the best summer day i'd seen, it was blatantly obvious that even engaging was a mistake

Thanks for your responses. I'm really glad you went to the second meeting so you could get to see through the failed football agent conman.

These past years have sadly made me ultra cynical about most things Rovers so it is refreshing to see your detailed review.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks for your responses. I'm really glad you went to the second meeting so you could get to see through the failed football agent conman.

These past years have sadly made me ultra cynical about most things Rovers so it is refreshing to see your detailed review.

At work, we always hold a second interview when recruiting for this very reason. We do an initial evaluation and then invite back the candidates who have impressed. Our train of thought quite often changes second time around.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Glen just didn't drink the coffee this time that's all.

Didnt drink it first time lol.

However, on self-evaluation, maybe i've lost my edge, maybe the empathy and complete lack of fight i've seen over the last 5 years has taken its toll on how far i will go nowadays especially with my own health not the best.

10 years ago , 365 days , 20 hours a day, travelling thousands of miles, investing £1000's of pounds and having a clear mandate as an elected chair of a group, i had a mandate and duty to find the truth no matter what and fight for what was right. I just do not see that now within the supporter base in the main. 99% are very much reactive to results and couldnt care less about the Venkys or who is in the boardroom.

I will always fight the "good fight" if there is one to fight. I just don't see the desire from the majority, which in turn is the drug which lights the fire in my belly, to risk anymore than what I've previously given up.

I will go back to watching from afar and hopefully someone will rise from the ashes and give us all something to get behind, to get our club back

• Like 7