BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m afraid he’s fooling plenty.

Talk to supporters that don’t come on here. Plenty have only vaguely heard of him and don’t really have an opinion but are or aren’t aware of the bloke most would pin our revenue/commercial problems on ‘shit fans’, who ‘don’t get behind the club’.

Made himself virtually untouchable,answers ONLY to those above him in the Venky Chain of Command.

Receiving excellent remuneration to be a willing scapegoat in this Cog of deciet.

Its as clear as daylight its a closed Shop and we can only look on from outside.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

I realise that this is probably a totally naive view, but how can anybody involved in the running of this club not think that 25k fans paying c£125 for a ST is better than 9k paying c£350?

The atmosphere aspect speaks for itself and would undoubtedly help the side.

And even commercially, the additional match day footfall would bring in extra revenue.

I’m sure one could argue that we’d never sell c25k season tickets, but what’s the logic in not even trying?

We can’t keep repeating the current process and relying on the owners to bail us out every year.

We need to be innovative and take a calculated risk every now and then.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

I realise that this is probably a totally naive view, but how can anybody involved in the running of this club not think that 25k fans paying c£125 for a ST is better than 9k paying c£350?

And even commercially, the additional match day footfall would bring in extra revenue.

I’m sure one could argue that we’d never sell c25k season tickets, but what’s the logic in not even trying?

We can’t keep repeating the current process and relying on the owners to bail us out every year.

Hypothetically if one person bought a season ticket for £3m (or whatever his target is) then it's job done for him. There is absolutely no incentive for him to go out and get new season ticket sales. There is no canvassing and very little marketing which kind of sums up the Rovers malaise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's sad that we don't have an organised pressure group any more for these things to be brought to attention and would really implore someone with the drive, passion and determination to fight the good fight again. I'm certainly not that person and @glen9mullan did an incredible job nearly a decade a go and I can understand why you you couldn't invest so much of your being again.

We have become so trodden down as a fanbase, much the same as the country as a whole at the moment, that we've become apathetic and disinterested. The guy running the club is quite obviously way out of his depth and its sad that traditionally much smaller or similar sized clubs are sprinting past us.

The 'Taking Back Ewood' initiative under Williams was amazing and created a great buzz around the ground. I recall being unable to get a season ticket in the Blackburn End without my mates brother signing his over to me, as he embarked on Saturday football so could no longer attend. 

Seeing Ewood with even 5k extra fans on a regular basis becomes a self perpetuating circle of attendance growth. People come more because the atmopshere is good and the ground is busier and as a consequence....you get the picture.

Season tickets should be priced at £299 next season and £100 for kids. Get people in the door and they will spend cash. I get lumped with buying my lad a bag of sweets a drink and some chips every game and myself a couple of pints. Multiply that up by many thousands and the saving on STs will soon be put in another door with much higher margins attached.

Anyone got Swaggs email so I can start moaning to him in anticipation?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy said:

We'd certainly sell 15k at that price and it would be fantastic but all these lot do is see it decline and cover that by upping the price.

If you want serious re-engagement without serious on pitch investment to prick interest again or a promotion then a radical one off ST deal is the only way to do it.

Either Vs won't agree or those at the club cannot be bothered pitching it to them but as we've said they get paid the same regardless.  So why would the be arsed doubling their workload and everybody on matchday when it's easier and cheaper to cater for the minimum in home sections.

The prospect of Burnley maybe sealing promotion at Ewood in March and the away fans and corporate opportunities that can potentially draw in Waggot with in heaven.

• Like 3

Agreed the work Glen did was commendable for bringing the fight and I remember Kamy as well sharing vital information. 

i am not at all the person who can bring the fight like Glen did but would certainly support someone and try my best get as involved as possible from afar. Love the club but I am half French didn’t grow up in the area and have barely been to Ewood but I am very much involved in the away games which are easier for me to get too. So I know little about the grass root issues. I am happy to invest my time and discussing and seeing what can be done and hold individuals accountable. It could be simple as ourselves amongst fans organising a survey about the thoughts on the price if season tickets, structure, get out own data and facts to then hit the hammer home as to the state of the club 

• Like 2

Venkys have never recognised or accepted the need for a competent, driven, capable and empowered chairman, CEO or board at the Club. That has been one of the constants of their reign of terror, from forcing out Williams, Finn and Goodman, never replacing them, then a series of micky mouse candidates with micky mouse job titles, then ending up with Mike Cheston (Financial Director) effectively the only remaining board member having to handle Fan Consultation meetings (Whatever happened to those?), wheeling out Bob Coar to provide some semblance of a functioning structure.

Eventually it seemed the penny had dropped with appointing an actual CEO in Waggott (notwithstanding his obvious links to Mowbray from their Coventry days which raised serious questions about how the arrangement had come about).

But it seems not. It appears to me that Waggott is a CEO in name only. Not judged or tasked by the owners to perform any function beyond limiting expenditure, cutting costs and extracting as much as possible from the fans. It seems to me they agreed to appoint him but only if he saved them money in the process.

No interest in the growth, development, improvement, advancement of the Club, its fanbase, facilities, reputation, status. Capable only of nominal stunts like running a bus round Blackburn primary schools to win positive publicity but actually achieve very little, all the while paying support numbers drop in the face of hefty price increases during a pandemic and recession.

He's so brazen and unapologetic about it. Nothing else matters in his quest to hit his targets. The impact and consequences of his policies won't be immediately felt and he'll be long gone by the time they are felt.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Agreed the work Glen did was commendable for bringing the fight and I remember Kamy as well sharing vital information. 

i am not at all the person who can bring the fight like Glen did but would certainly support someone and try my best get as involved as possible from afar. Love the club but I am half French didn’t grow up in the area and have barely been to Ewood but I am very much involved in the away games which are easier for me to get too. So I know little about the grass root issues. I am happy to invest my time and discussing and seeing what can be done and hold individuals accountable. It could be simple as ourselves amongst fans organising a survey about the thoughts on the price if season tickets, structure, get out own data and facts to then hit the hammer home as to the state of the club 

There is plenty that good people like you can do in the background. As a starting point I would contact John Murray, chair of the Rovers Supporters Trust at chair@roverstrust.co.uk 

• 2 weeks later...

This latest sorry episode just highlights how our CEO doesn't give a stuff about the club, is there for his own self serving interests and needs to resign immediately. It explains partly why we are in this mess and how there's little in the way of leading by example going on at the club.

Potentially hundreds of millions lost with this one. The buck stops with him.

Waggott out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

Does anyone know his salary? 
Would I be wrong in saying there must be a few well off business minded supporters (with the right experience), who’d do it for free? 

I live 10 minutes from Brockhall and retired from running a £120m EBITDA entity with thousands of jobs either employed or dependent on the business. I would seriously think about helping out.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, scotchrover said:

Does anyone know his salary? 
Would I be wrong in saying there must be a few well off business minded supporters (with the right experience), who’d do it for free? 

Absolutely but they wouldn't be yes men and wouldn't have the right connections so wouldn't get through the door.  

• Like 1