BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

3 hours ago, damo100 said:

Now then, amazingly after the recent horrendous cock up, Waggot not only shows his face at u21's game at Huddersfield, he then makes a fantastic gesture to the fans with the ticket prices for the fa cup match at Leicester.

This strikes me of a guilty conscious, let's live in hope this current generosity is given for the season tickets, and for us long suffering fans not to be made waiting until June/July to be advertised. But I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Knowing Swag the best we will get is frozen prices from last year (£429) Lower bowl etc. He'll then make this out to he outstanding prices.

Let's not forget what we get when visiting Ewood Park. 

Whilst the Leicester ticket discount is welcome, the timing really does smack of diversion post the transfer window incompetence.

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Won't Rovers get a slice of the gate receipts for the Leicester game?

In which case, he'll be getting a chunk of his 'gesture' back....so perhaps it's not quite so generous as it may appear.

Being extremely cynical it could be a political move:

Rovers give up our share of revenue (more or less)

Waggot presents the figures to his boss - see slashing prices costs us a lot

The less knowledgeable (our owners) won’t even consider that it is a limited allocation. They will simply see less income

case closed for arguments about “filling the stadium”…

14 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Won't Rovers get a slice of the gate receipts for the Leicester game?

In which case, he'll be getting a chunk of his 'gesture' back....so perhaps it's not quite so generous as it may appear.

Rovers get half of the gate plus a share of any TV income.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rovers get half of the gate plus a share of any TV income.

If that's true (or 45% as recently mentioned), then here is a quick analysis of the figures.  

Leicester's last FA Cup home game was a 4th round tie 8th Jan 2022, vs Watford.  The attendance was 25,710.   This during an Omicron outbreak, a week after the festivities and two rounds previous to this one.   It was HOWEVER a Saturday, so the fact our game is a Tuesday could have a negative affect. 

Let's anticipate therefore an attendance of 22,000.  Prices are £22 for adults, £14 for seniors and Under 22s and £8 for under 8s.
So at an average let's say £15 per ticket sold = £330,000.  45% that income is £150,000. 

The value of Rovers' offer is £10 x £2200 = £22,000 (MAXIMUM).  The value of £10 is also assuming every person in Rovers travelling fanbase is paying the full adult fee, so it's actually likely to be less than this value.

I understand this is a very shallow analysis and I've probably missed some key element of the formula, but it's the best I'm going to do.   Very rough estimate sees Rovers sacrificing perhaps 10 - 15% of their income from tickets. From a totally objective position (outside looking in) you can't really knock it, especially when compared to what we usually anticipate from this regime.  Taking in to account other factors I think it's simply another pretty transparent PR stunt following the complete balls up that was the January window - how much have they saved from not loaning O'Brien or bringing in a striker?!? 

They'll have to do a lot more than this to convince me that anyone in a position of power/authority at the club gives a single shit about the fanbase, and see us as anything more than walking £ signs and another box to tick to protect their own cushy number.

I await the 23/24 season ticket campaign....  what was the 'loyalty' discount last season?  A miserly £30 off an overpriced product valued between £399 - £530.... as long as you buy it 2 months before the season starts and before the club can be arsed to appoint a Director of Football and Head Coach.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Walking up to the entrance of the Jack Walker stand tells you all you need to know about how this football club is run.

There have been bulbs out on the Directors Entrance/Players Entrance signs all season. It makes the whole facade look unkempt and shabby.

What kind of CEO can walk under these signs week in and week out without getting someone to sort it?

Jack Walker / John Williams would never have allowed this to happen.

No doubt he'll have to contract it out and there's nothing in the budget for that !

Do they even employ maintenance men anymore or has than all gone to franchise as well ?

When the surrounds of the ground were a complete shit tip the other year, didn’t they come out with some flannel as to why it had got like that (and why nobody could wander around with a couple of bin bags) due to a ‘ten year maintenance plan’ or some other nonsense.

So expect a new bulb for 2033…

Edited by Mattyblue

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

When the surrounds of the ground were a complete shit tip the other year, didn’t they come out with some flannel as to why it had got like that (and why nobody could wander around with a couple of bin bags) due to a ‘ten year maintenance plan’ or some other nonsense.

So expect a new bulb for 2033…

That's a bit optimistic don't you think? 

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 12:00, Wiggy said:

Walking up to the entrance of the Jack Walker stand tells you all you need to know about how this football club is run.

There have been bulbs out on the Directors Entrance/Players Entrance signs all season. It makes the whole facade look unkempt and shabby.

What kind of CEO can walk under these signs week in and week out without getting someone to sort it?

Jack Walker / John Williams would never have allowed this to happen.

Basic maintenance of Ewood has been neglected since Venky’s rolled up. Funny how a few new bulbs and a bit of jet washing or weeding is beyond them, but they have managed to find the money to put mirrored glass in Jack’s box directly above the tunnel. Rumour has it that Balaji’s son has started coming to games. Whoever is in there doesn’t want to be seen.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

1297428984_Screenshot2023-02-1122_47_47.thumb.png.8425e5020b23d659c4c1296457d00f0d.png

Por el amor de dios = For the love of God, so not quite as strong as for fuck sake. The word chupacables, works better. The literal translation of that is cable sucker, but is a Spanish insult and as I’m sure people can imagine, the insinuation is strong. 

• Like 1