BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

40 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Can I politely suggest that you go and speak to him and arm yourself with your personal knowledge of the footballing side of Ewood, the views and opinions of others, blogs and quotes, documentary evidence that is readily available and your optimal research on SW himself and then and only then see if your opinion changes. Oh yes, I forgot to add compare it with your own experience of running a multi million pound football operation both pre and post a worldwide pandemic.

Ah right I'm with you now.

So I can only form a negative view of someone if I myself have done the exact same job as him and I have sat across a table and had a brew and chat with him?

I actually rely on my own research, eyes and ears, experience in the world and most importantly track record in the job to form a view rather than simply listening to what he has to say and believing it verbatim as the reality of things.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Can I politely suggest that you go and speak to him and arm yourself with your personal knowledge of the footballing side of Ewood, the views and opinions of others, blogs and quotes, documentary evidence that is readily available and your optimal research on SW himself and then and only then see if your opinion changes. Oh yes, I forgot to add compare it with your own experience of running a multi million pound football operation both pre and post a worldwide pandemic.

Don't get this. Surely then you also can't pass judgement on whether or not he is or is not worthy of your support (or whatever you'd like to call it), unless you compare it with your own experience of running a multi million pound football operation both pre and post a worldwide pandemic?

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

In fairness to 1864, I definitely remember a post where he revealed all not that long ago. Probably would have helped the mods a lot more if that had come earlier, but he spilled his guts, that’s for sure!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Ah right I'm with you now.

So I can only form a negative view of someone if I myself have done the exact same job as him and I have sat across a table and had a brew and chat with him?

I actually rely on my own research, eyes and ears, experience in the world and most importantly track record in the job to form a view rather than simply listening to what he has to say and believing it verbatim as the reality of things.

How can you compare if you haven't done the same role/job? You can only inform a biased opinion in that case. Your experience in the world? So what you are saying is that if you ran a corner shop as a manager/owner then you can compare that business model to running a football club?

If you don't listen to what he has to say and look at documents/review action plans, rad summaries of sports science at the club then how do you form an opinion? Truth is you cannot form an opinion without it as it is not a properly informed view.

Its not about anything he says verbatim, its about your research and information being up to date and then listening to what he says and either agreeing with him because you know it true from other sources, or alternatively, you go away with what he has said do some more research and find corroborating sources to ensure that he is telling it right and how it is or alternatively telling and feeding you a load of horse crap.

But hey, with your vast worldly experience you probably know better to listen to others you have already formed a completely negative view of.

30 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

In fairness to 1864, I definitely remember a post where he revealed all not that long ago. Probably would have helped the mods a lot more if that had come earlier, but he spilled his guts, that’s for sure!

Thank you

10 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Sorry all another point I made, which was more of a point than a question was regarding community engagement.

I stated that the good work being done within the Asian community cannot be allowed to overshadow the bigger picture and the work needed across the whole piece including the thousands who have walked away.

I said that these supporters are not a lost cause, and its not just a simple case of replace and forget.

Lindsay remarked that the town is 40% asian community.

This really got my back up and i said the following.

"Blackburn Rovers is the 10th most successful football club in the English club, its the most successful town club there is. We have global owners, we have played European football and have fans from all over the world. If our efforts cannot be bothered to leave our own doorstep within a 3 mile radius of Ewood for today and tomorrows supporters, sponsors, partners, then its time for people to be moved out and people with a clear vision to be brought in. The great Jack Walker said "think big" , we are currently thinking Sunday league"

She stated she has more time now to support other things and she is getting involved in PRIDE and one or two other things.

I stated this is good, but we need to start seeing traction, and people will judge on what they can see and not what they may see.

I mentioned on here a few weeks ago, about a mate of mine and his two grown up lads. He was basically snubbed by Waggott and more or less told, we don't need your support, after a small query about something.

He had 3 season tickets and now has none and won't come back he says until Waggott goes.

I wonder how many of them there are and if this things should be revisited and bridges rebuilt. 

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Sorry all another point I made, which was more of a point than a question was regarding community engagement.

I stated that the good work being done within the Asian community cannot be allowed to overshadow the bigger picture and the work needed across the whole piece including the thousands who have walked away.

I said that these supporters are not a lost cause, and its not just a simple case of replace and forget.

"Blackburn Rovers is the 10th most successful football club in the English club, its the most successful town club there is. We have global owners, we have played European football and have fans from all over the world. If our efforts cannot be bothered to leave our own doorstep within a 3 mile radius of Ewood for today and tomorrows supporters, sponsors, partners, then its time for people to be moved out and people with a clear vision to be brought in. The great Jack Walker said "think big" , we are currently thinking Sunday league"

She stated she has more time now to support other things and she is getting involved in PRIDE and one or two other things.

I stated this is good, but we need to start seeing traction, and people will judge on what they can see and not what they may see.

Shouldn't the Rovers target market, be people who are likely to spend their money on going to the Rovers. No matter what their ethnicity or where they live.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lraC said:

I mentioned on here a few weeks ago, about a mate of mine and his two grown up lads. He was basically snubbed by Waggott and more or less told, we don't need your support, after a small query about something.

He had 3 season tickets and now has none and won't come back he says until Waggott goes.

I wonder how many of them there are and if this things should be revisited and bridges rebuilt. 

Thats shocking

37 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

"Blackburn Rovers is the 10th most successful football club in the English league, its the most successful town club there is. We have global owners, we have played European football and have fans from all over the world. If our efforts cannot be bothered to leave our own doorstep within a 3 mile radius of Ewood for today and tomorrows supporters, sponsors, partners, then its time for people to be moved out and people with a clear vision to be brought in. The great Jack Walker said "think big" , we are currently thinking Sunday league"

That remark alone tells me Lindsay is probably out of her depth, I'd also question her figures too.

Our support comes from across the region, across the country, across the world and the supporters of all creed and colour will return, if the clubs run properly by people who care.

Good reply to that bullshit Glenn.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

How can you compare if you haven't done the same role/job? You can only inform a biased opinion in that case. Your experience in the world? So what you are saying is that if you ran a corner shop as a manager/owner then you can compare that business model to running a football club?

If you don't listen to what he has to say and look at documents/review action plans, rad summaries of sports science at the club then how do you form an opinion? Truth is you cannot form an opinion without it as it is not a properly informed view.

Its not about anything he says verbatim, its about your research and information being up to date and then listening to what he says and either agreeing with him because you know it true from other sources, or alternatively, you go away with what he has said do some more research and find corroborating sources to ensure that he is telling it right and how it is or alternatively telling and feeding you a load of horse crap.

But hey, with your vast worldly experience you probably know better to listen to others you have already formed a completely negative view of.

But you have never really addressed why you come on this internet messageboard of Rovers fans opinions when you value them so little due to being misinformed.

• Like 1

All this mention of reading up on sports science summaries etc is irrelvant to me.

As an average punter, all I fundamentally care about is seeing progress on/off the pitch, how much I pay for it, and the standard of the facilities.

To this end, Waggot is failing badly. It's that simple to me; I don't need to look into his eyes to form my opinion.

• Like 5

Everyone's opinions are biased. Yours are, mine are. Some opinions are more well informed than others, but still biased.

Results are not biased, they are a statement of fact. And Waggot's results are not (yet?) very good on the whole, regardless of how well meaning, personable and intelligent he may be.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But you have never really addressed why you come on this internet messageboard of Rovers fans opinions when you value them so little due to being misinformed.

excuse me? I dont think I have ever said or indicated that at all

How can you form an opinion on other peoples opinions if you’ve never been employed as an opinion(ist)? 

in my opinion, that makes your opinion unopinion(less) because you’ve never been employed as an opinion(ist) and therefore people should not listen to your opinions on their opinions.

sounds stupid doesn’t it? That’s how you’re coming across.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Thats shocking

Quite simple it needs a season of low budget season tickets, real enticement to get fans back, it’s the only thing that will work, Ive not had a season ticket since we got relegated and won’t get another as I now don’t miss it and do others things, however if they came up with a great marketing campaign and offered (just for one season) some of the cheapest tickets in the league, I would probably give it a go, and take my daughter for the first time, but at those prices and up and down form and recruitment, I can’t be bothered. A one of season of real cheap tickets, would entice people back and of then would then get another the season after as they would get the buzz back of going to Ewood again.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 3

Firstly Can I say that Glen Mullan's posts on his meeting is remarkable he remembers almost word for word what was said in such a long meeting. Great detail report. 

Maybe people who slagged me off for my comment that Steve Waggott was very good with me and very personable seems that Glen comments back my point of Steve Waggott. I had no opinion on him overall cos I don't know the inside working of the club but I have alot insight of the club now and I'm pleased with the future of the club even tho we need to keep moving forward and grow the club and fanbase 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly Can I say that Glen Mullan's posts on his meeting is remarkable he remembers almost word for word what was said in such a long meeting. Great detail report. 

Maybe people who slagged me off for my comment that Steve Waggott was very good with me and very personable seems that Glen comments back my point of Steve Waggott. I had no opinion on him overall cos I don't know the inside working of the club but I have alot insight of the club now and I'm pleased with the future of the club even tho we need to keep moving forward and grow the club and fanbase 

I think your problem was that you repeatedly talked about your meeting in advance and then as soon it finished, it was a case of a very vague post shutting down further questions. As others have said, why mention it at all?

• Like 5

Cheers Glen, very professionally done and very insightful. Thank you for your time and efforts on behalf of us all. 
I suspect SW will be better briefed and prepared for your next meeting. I think that you being so forthright with him and not holding back your punches will hopefully make him think more about the issues rather than just treating it as another PR charm offensive. 
Hopefully your remaining questions will cut to the quick and put him on the spot with the issues you will discuss. As many have said already he has not performed up to scratch regarding the state of Ewood Park and the pitch, the training ground fiasco, contract renewals, season tickets and the ridiculous length of time it took to find a manager!

I would ask you to ask him how he intends to get Philips to sign a professional contract and the same applies to the very highly rated Batty, who I believe is yet to sign one.

once again thank you it is very much appreciated by us all.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think your problem was that you repeatedly talked about your meeting in advance and then as soon it finished, it was a case of a very vague post shutting down further questions.

I gave a summary of the meeting I had with Steve Waggott. I don't have the kind of memory or recall most of the wording of the meeting like Glen Mullan. Hats off to him for them sort of memory. 

But I stand by my comments about the meeting. I didn't the need for questions since I did a summary of the meeting for people to read which I am under no obligation to do. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1