BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

He started the last 2 games I think prior to moving. Obviously his problem is that he is in the one area of real strength.

We do have some areas where the options are nothing like as well stocked, probably part of the reason behind including Phillips, Henderson and Maguire, although still, none should be in there.

• Like 1

Southgate has definitely entered the 'in the job too long' period of his tenure - odd selections, picking favourites, the players don't look like they understand their instructions. 

We'll still qualify but it's only going downhill from here.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 7

• Moderation Lead

Look at the positives though, Mason Mount couldn’t be picked as he’s injured. 

I hope there still aren’t people that think Mason Mount is better than James Maddison.
That must be embarrassing for them.
(Just to be clear, I’m not wishing injury on anyone!)

• Like 2

Centre back is one of England's weakest positions but how on earth can he start Maguire.Till January at the earliest Maguire will be sat on the bench at Manchester United.

What went on with Ben White at the world cup anybody know ?On current form he should have been in the starting 11 tonight and didn't even make the squad 

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

I mentally zoned out at the point of us chasing a win at 1-1, we brought off Bellingham and Maddison and left on Henderson.

Incredible.

I got the feeling a draw suited all parties to be honest. Can't have been easy when the England fans probably half wanted Ukraine to win 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

It was a very disjointed performance. Bellingham had his worst game in an England shirt. 

Not enough chances were created. 

Ukraine scored a good goal but it was their only chance of the game. 

Maguire had a solid game.

Apart from one shot Saka was equally bad. How many times did he lose the ball.

I watched the Rugby Union after. My God that was a hard watch. If you think VAR is bad you haven’t seen the “ Bunker “ system. An England player gets a yellow card for an accidentally clash of heads. EIGHT minutes later it’s changed to a red card. An Argentina player totally wipes out an England player after the ball has gone. He gets a yellow, TEN minutes later the “ Bunker “ decides a yellow is sufficient !

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Apart from one shot Saka was equally bad. How many times did he lose the ball.

I watched the Rugby Union after. My God that was a hard watch. If you think VAR is bad you haven’t seen the “ Bunker “ system. An England player gets a yellow card for an accidentally clash of heads. EIGHT minutes later it’s changed to a red card. An Argentina player totally wipes out an England player after the ball has gone. He gets a yellow, TEN minutes later the “ Bunker “ decides a yellow is sufficient !

I agree with you on Saka, He had a bad day too. Although he was inches away from winning it. He's not started well for Arsenal either.

The BBC's summary was fair.; BBC -Ukraine v. England match report

Maddison is a good player, but his best position isn't wide left in a front 3. Bellingham spent a lot of time out there because Maddison drifted inside. Grealish's injury aside I'd play Rashford on the left. I'd also tell him to put in a transfer request and leave Man U. His talent has, and will continue to be, wasted there. 

As a side, living in the USA rugby, darts, and cricket are sports I like but have no coverage at all, and as the years have gone by I've lost any real knowledge or understanding of them. 

Edited by speeeeeeedie
  • Like 1

southgate is trying to be a right smart a**e tactics wise,in reality he has`nt got a clue when it comes to the tactical side,he`s got so much attacking talent he should just  tell them to go out and play football,we`ll score more than we concede,frankly,anyone who ignores ward prowse and picks dodderers like henderson and phillips should`nt be in the job,imo he was a nothing player and a **** club manager,he only got the england job because he`s a yes man,he`s never,ever going to say anything controversial or do anything left field

• Like 1

The real test is the tournament and it looks like the FA have given Southgate one more shot. Should Maguire start or Colwill, Henderson or Ward-Prowse... to me it doesn't matter greatly. What really matters is how England create a creative fulcrum that will be able to open up defences. Foden or Maddison, with their ability to shoot, pass and dribble, need to be placed at the heart of the England team and pull the strings. I don't hold up much hope, not because of Southgate necessarily, but I have never seen any England manager, in my lifetime, consistently succeed in harnessing attacking talent.

Moreover, in club football, increasingly, these type of players are shunted out wide, as a mechanical game is favoured. 

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1