BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, Silas said:

Kane was offside there surely. 🤔

But VAR didn't even bother checking that. 

Nice to get one go for us. 

I thought that right from the first replay. Miles offside. Also, he's not getting that ball even if he's not fouled. Still, will take that all day long

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

I thought that right from the first replay. Miles offside. Also, he's not getting that ball even if he's not fouled. Still, will take that all day long

Unless the ball came off a defender, but then we had the whole Benzema CL final thing.

Either way, weird they didn't even look at it. 

Lacklustre display by England. Germany passed us off the park, especially in midfield. England stole a point in the end. Grealish did more in 15 minutes than Mount did in the whole game. Saka ? What is he for ?  Stirling really poor tonight. I don’t like two defensive midfield players along with Mount in midfield, much too defensive. Southgate too cautious, just like Mowbray, we’ll never win anything with him running the show.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, I thought he was badly at fault for their goal.

Can't seem to get 2 hands on the ball. And he almost made the same mistake a bit later unlike his opposite number Nauer. 

Not good enough for international football IMHO. 

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lacklustre display by England. Germany passed us off the park, especially in midfield. England stole a point in the end. Grealish did more in 15 minutes than Mount did in the whole game. Saka ? What is he for ?  Stirling really poor tonight. I don’t like two defensive midfield players along with Mount in midfield, much too defensive. Southgate too cautious, just like Mowbray, we’ll never win anything with him running the show.

Saka shit. 

• Backroom

This is a fair explanation tbf. The CL final was all very close quarters. This one was miles apart so the defender has "time and options" and "distance and space":

Not that I really agree with that, but if those are the rules, I can understand how the penalty is given. 

Munsiela (I think that’s his name) was fantastic. Apparently let go by Chelsea . Was a constant threat and a joy to watch. My first thought was the penalty was offside . Weird it wasn’t checked and I highly doubt he would of got the ball was he not fouled but I’ll take it. England were poor tonight and even though I’m a fan of Southgate for the England job he is far to defensive at times to his own detriment . 

I watched the Germans play tonight and thought that’s how England should be playing against anyone with the attacking talent we have but it’s all very mowbrayesque at times . You do have to factor in that there must be some battered bodies and tired legs playing on these games .  Let’s hope there is an improvement against Italy next Saturday 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Munsiela (I think that’s his name) was fantastic. Apparently let go by Chelsea . Was a constant threat and a joy to watch. My first thought was the penalty was offside . Weird it wasn’t checked and I highly doubt he would of got the ball was he not fouled but I’ll take it. England were poor tonight and even though I’m a fan of Southgate for the England job he is far to defensive at times to his own detriment . 

I watched the Germans play tonight and thought that’s how England should be playing against anyone with the attacking talent we have but it’s all very mowbrayesque at times . You do have to factor in that there must be some battered bodies and tired legs playing on these games .  Let’s hope there is an improvement against Italy next Saturday 

I don’t see why Kane’s ability to reach the ball is an issue here. If you get tripped in the penalty area it should be a penalty. I remember a game on tv were the ball had been cleared out of the box and the centre half had a kick out at the striker, they’d been having a ding dong all the game. The ref gave a penalty.

• Like 3

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Dan said:

Fantastic place to hold a World Cup! I wouldn’t visit if you paid me. 

If I was a lottery winner I'd quite fancy testing that theory out.

I do enjoy the idea of someone trying not to swear publicly whilst hearing that Alan Curbishley has been appointed our interim manager. 

Or better still, some pics from your jail cell. 😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Musiala played at England u21 and younger levels. British Dad but born in Germany. One that got away Gareth!

42 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Musiala played at England u21 and younger levels. British Dad but born in Germany. One that got away Gareth!

No his dad wasn't English.  Both his parents are German.  He just lived in England from a young age

1 hour ago, Silas said:

If I was a lottery winner I'd quite fancy testing that theory out.

I do enjoy the idea of someone trying not to swear publicly whilst hearing that Alan Curbishley has been appointed our interim manager. 

Or better still, some pics from your jail cell. 😂

Well if we were talking millions I guess I could chill in a well air conditioned hotel room for a little while 😉😂

• Like 1